Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #1611
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Yeah, I hear you. They're pretty lame, nothing but a form of wish fulfillment, just like most of the rest. "I can get everything I want by living vicariously through my really original OC or by using another character as my proxy!" Kind of sad when you think about it. Popularity is fun, true, but it's not worth sacrificing your dignity and being laughed at.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #1612
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Yeah, I hear you. They're pretty lame, nothing but a form of wish fulfillment, just like most of the rest. "I can get everything I want by living vicariously through my really original OC or by using another character as my proxy!" Kind of sad when you think about it. Popularity is fun, true, but it's not worth sacrificing your dignity and being laughed at.
Srsly.

Sometimes it's so satisifying when the character/OC (Mary Sue or not) in question gets a karma sucker-punch to the face for being so shallow. I kind of like that plot-twist Or if the character succeeds in the conquest the the fanfic/story is epic fail and I usually have my own alternate ending - the character walks into the street without looking both ways gets hit by a bus (anyone who catches that reference gets a cookie) .

Last edited by Nyo; 09-14-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #1613
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
Srsly.

Sometimes it's so satisifying when the character/OC (Mary Sue or not) in question gets a karma sucker-punch to the face for being so shallow. I kind of like that plot-twist Or if the character succeeds in the conquest the the fanfic/story is epic fail and I usually have my own alternate ending - the character walks into the street without looking both ways gets hit by a bus (anyone who catches that reference gets a cookie) .
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy I believe?

Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #1614
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Actually it was from the movie Mean Girls, but I get your point

Also, Mean Boy's friend Even Meaner Boy will not STFU >_>

Last edited by Nyo; 09-14-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #1615
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

These bloody markets! 500 points! I mean my houses are worth nothing, and is killing me financially; not to mention my retirement plans have gone slightly south. Look who suffers when the big guys (investors) get greedy! Yeah, I am a little put out right now!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #1616
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
These bloody markets! 500 points! I mean my houses are worth nothing, and is killing me financially; not to mention my retirement plans have gone slightly south. Look who suffers when the big guys (investors) get greedy! Yeah, I am a little put out right now!
I don't blame you one bit. My investments have taken a beating this year too and these greedy lunatics are at least part of the problem. Do these people really need another million dollars when they already have 300 million? Why? Bragging rights, or something equally stupid? I understand the desire to acquire things and be comfortable and secure, and that requires money obviously, but beyond a certain point it's ridiculous. Does one really need to have a second Lear jet when the first one works fine and never gets used anyway? It's greed and stupidity, nothing more, and it hurts everybody. Not that the corporate bigwigs care.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-15-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #1617
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Would you believe me, if I told you that many people that call/email me about job opportunities are bogus? That's exactly what I've been getting, and today is no exception. This one dude kept calling me like 3-4 times. I usually do not respond to anyone with a phone number I'm familiar with, unless he/she leaves a message. This person did. He had a really thick Indian accent, and I couldn't really understand him. I did a search on the phone number, and I read something that immediately raised a red flag (saying that the 'recruiter' requires a SSN). Ugh. Then again, it was in an area I don't wish to relocate to, anyway.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #1618
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Cancer.

It's just killed off Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright who composed classics like 'Paintbox' and rather appropriately 'Great Gig in the Sky'. Yeh cancer's already taken out too many people I loved and respected to mention and is still at it. They say every cancer may have its own viral trigger so maybe it's those viruses I really hate. I dunno. I suppose theres always got to be something to do that necessary work. I always think of the last scene of 'The Seventh Seal' if I get too morose about it all. Recommended b/w European Cinema!

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #1619
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Uber zealous forum mods and admins. (not anyone here.) THAT'S what ticks me off.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #1620
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Yeah, I heard about Richard Wright. Sad - he was such a brilliant musician, and the world is certainly a poorer place for having been robbed of his talent.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote