Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #151
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

assuming you have a multi-region DVD player i imagine you could buy via Amazon or, if they ship directly from CN, then EBay.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #152
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Angry

As a UK resident, I hear you all on the whole Region 1 superiority issue, though to be fair, it's hardly just Cartoon Network that does it; frankly, I find the whole DVD region encoding business to be a massive slap in the face to overseas consumers and, indeed, the very notion of free trade. I mean, I do have a multi-region player at home, and there are still ways that I will be able to import it, but it's still a royal pain in the backside to have to go through all that rigmarole for a disc I'll only be able to use with one of my players at home, when I know that I really ought to be able to just go to a shop and buy it, no hassle.

Still, Foster's on DVD and all that...I'm mostly just looking forward to having ultra-high quality copies of the episodes that I can watch on my TV instead of my computer, without CN banners or annoying yammering over the end credits. The extras should be nice too, though; I hope we'll see at least some behind-the-scenes stuff from Craig and co.

PS. By the way, Sparky - had you considered overhauling your Season One screengrabs section when the DVD comes out? Don't get me wrong - I'm certainly not requesting you do this, or even suggesting that you should feel you need to; it would be a lot of unnecessary work on your part, and the screengrabs you've got are great as they are, and are a fantastic resource for Foster's fans. It just struck me that DVD-standard fidelity (minus on-screen logos and banners), combined with the superior software on your new computer, would make for some very high-quality screengrabs, so I was just wondering if you'd thought about the idea.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #153
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchy McAbandonpants View Post
By the way, Sparky - had you considered overhauling your Season One screengrabs section when the DVD comes out?
Yes. You may not have noticed, but I redid a couple episodes from Season One a few months ago (going from small galleries to 100+ ones) but I stopped when I realised that I just have to do it again when the DVDs came out.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #154
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It may say it's in stock in the shop, but when I tried to order it it said it was sold out.

So its either really sold out - or they let you order it, saying you'll get it when they restock, and then you get it when its actually released.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #155
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

A huge disadvantage to trying to order from the CN Shop is that any checks, money orders, or even debit or check cards are prohibited. Yay.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #156
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
A huge disadvantage to trying to order from the CN Shop is that any checks, money orders, or even debit or check cards are prohibited. Yay.
I had a thought today: what about those pre-paid VISA cards you can get now? Maybe those would work?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #157
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Anyone have Netflix? If so, does this show up on DVDs you can add to your que?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #158
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ugs View Post
Anyone have Netflix? If so, does this show up on DVDs you can add to your que?
Nope. The only time I used Netflix was for a free trial subscription.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #159
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I feel bad for those who don't live in the US. The "this item can't be shipped outside the US" thing is annyoing to me, even though I live in the US.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #160
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Me too, but you guys canbuy the DVDs from Ebay. Unlike everything else, DVDs are usually retail price plus nshipping.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote