Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #151
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Think about it, though, people-who is more believable and respectable, someone who has always been a perfect "Goody Two-Shoes", always having done the right thing, or a person who has managed to turn their own life around for the better, making a choice to to stop doing what is wrong and using their talents and abilities now to HELP others? Who would you figure would be more respectable, especially for kids who might themselves be involved with not-so-nice things? Someone who's always been perfect is not believable, even in an animated character, because no real person is like that. Someone who's made some really bad mistakes in the past, and is now working to change that, is a much better role model because what they say and do now has more credence to it. A kid who is toying with the notion of joining a gang can look at someone who's never done anything wrong, and just think, "Yeah, right! What a wuss!", but if they know that this person has struggled with the same issues that they themselves now face, and overcome them, that makes the redeemed character much more "solid" and respectable, and a better example. I know that I cannot have much respect for someone who's telling me how to do things and live MY life, when I know that they have not had to face the same issues that I have, but if I know that they've been through what I am going through, and overcome it, what they now say and do has more meaning for me, personally.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 AM   #152
TheLH
Newly Abandoned

Default MEGA SPOILER

EDIT: See #161.

Last edited by TheLH; 11-13-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I don't want to ruin it for you guys.
TheLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #153
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

I saw it too. I'm a little disappointed as to who the creator is, but this honestly makes me even more excited for the movie.

EDIT: And it's not that much of a spoiler. It's nothing to panic over, so calm down. (Then again I'm immune to spoilers, so that could just be me. *laughs* )
Website | LJ | DeviantArt

Last edited by CCMars; 11-13-2006 at 09:30 AM.
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #154
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLH View Post
I've ruined my enjoyment of this event.

I've been to CN's press site and you know what? They have a pic of Wilt's creator on there, as a young boy,
Spoiler Below
with a pre-incident Wilt.
His creator's name is Jordan Michaels.

Please, warn people to STAY AWAY from
Spoiler Below
turnerinfo.com press site.

PLEASE.
Wow, that was interesting.

Spoiler Below
I had this REAL strong suspiction the kid was black...I was right! Wow. Kinda creepy and cool at the same time. Of course, that IS Wilt's creator as a young kid, not fully grown, and that IS Wilt BEFORE his incident, so we're not sure of all that happened yet, meaning it isn't that much of a spoiler. I'm not sure why those pics are there either, but unless someone specifically knows of it, LIKE YOU POINTING IT OUT, it's not such a big deal. I for one still have a zillion questions and can't wait to see the whole thing. And Aw...Ed looks so cute hugging his creator. ^_^

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-13-2006 at 11:53 AM. Reason: As per Lauren's request.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #155
TheLH
Newly Abandoned

Maybe so, but considering the amount of fangirl-ish hype that certain people are exhibiting (Don't worry, I won't mention any names) around this movie, and Wilt in general, I believe it's best that I keep it under wraps for them.

EDIT: You must be psychic or something PBL:

Spoiler Below
Beacuse Wilt did lose his arm, weither by accident or otherwise!

PBL: 1
My (not quite) Common Sence: 0

Last edited by TheLH; 11-13-2006 at 10:26 AM.
TheLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #156
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLH View Post
Maybe so, but considering the amount of fangirl-ish hype that certain people are exhibiting (Don't worry, I won't mention any names) around this movie, and Wilt in general, I believe it's best that I keep it under wraps for them.

EDIT: You must be psychic or something PBL:

Spoiler Below
Beacuse Wilt did lose his arm, weither by accident or otherwise!

PBL: 1
My (not quite) Common Sence: 0

But I kinda knew that, it never did occur to me Wilt was just created that way.....I think very few actually thought he was.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #157
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

C'mon, guys, let's not reveal too many plot details, okay?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #158
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
C'mon, guys, let's not reveal too many plot details, okay?

I remember using spoiler quotes!

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-13-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #159
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I'm not bothered by the spoiler at all; if anything, it RAISES more questions than it answers. So, now at least we do know that Wilt DID have a human creator, but what we do not know is what happened to "(name removed)", or why he abandoned Wilt, or IF he abandoned Wilt, since there are many ways they could have been separated. We still don't know what this "terrible thing" is that Wilt did, or what it has to do with his creator, if it has anything at all to do with him. We do not know WHERE Wilt spent his early years, though it does appear to have been in a large city. We do not know what, if anything, that Basketball-headed Dude has to do with Wilt's creator, and just what the relationship between him and Wilt is, only that it does not appear to be a friendly one. We learned that Wilt WAS NOT(and this should not come as a surprise, honestly, since the evidence has always pointed to Wilt having been injured), once and for all, imagined with one eye and one arm and a scarred-up face; SOMETHING happened to him, though the biggest question still remains: WHAT?? Do Wilt's injuries have anything to do with the Basketball-headed Dude and that pack of Imaingary Friends(or whatever they are) on the other side of the fence, or anything to do with his creator, or something completely unrelated? I'm looking forward to this movie nwo more than ever, if anything!

pitbulllady

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-13-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Name removed at Lauren's request.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #160
girl_named_goo
Newly Abandoned

AAAUUUGHH!!! We begged and begged and begged to not have that information leaked!! If you haven't already, DON'T read the previous spoilers, you're totally ruining it for yourselves!!

ThLH- please put
Spoiler Below
"pre-incident Wilt"

in spoiler quotes. That was supposed to be a suprise.

PBL- please put
Spoiler Below
Jordan Michaels

in spoiler quotes as well. I mean, it's totally the ending of the story.

I'm totally bummed CN put any of that stuff up on their site.

-lauren

Last edited by girl_named_goo; 11-13-2006 at 10:58 AM.
girl_named_goo is offline   Reply With Quote