Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #1571
L.G.
Melvineer

Classes are starting at my school tomorrow. 3 2 labs this semester: real fun. (sarcasm levels off the chart)

Edit: No A/C in my room. Lovely...

Last edited by L.G.; 08-25-2008 at 10:07 AM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #1572
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

No AC? Dang, I'd be screaming. It's very hot here today, although on the bright side the humidity isn't too bad.

Nice avatar, by the way.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #1573
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sama-chan View Post
Dying time and time again at the same part on a video game.
dont get me started on that. it grinds my gears more than some kind of gear-grinding gear-grinder.

school annoys me. every class is either boiling lava hat or colder than antartica. also homework, because they give me a laptop. im too busy with it playing games to do it, so i have to do ALL of it like an hour before classes start. yes, self-inflicted problem, i know.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #1574
L.G.
Melvineer

Feeling tired AFTER a nap. I seem to always wake up from one while I'm in one of the deeper sleep stages.

Last edited by L.G.; 08-25-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #1575
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I opened the driver's door to my vehicle, and there were a lot of ants around the areas where the door is normally closed. Not exactly a welcoming site.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #1576
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I looked at many "cartoon crushes" threads on many forums over the years, and I hate that if any person has a crush on a toon animal they almost always end up being insulted as a furry.

That's just messed up. D:<
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #1577
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Ah, the joy of dealing with EA tech support. The fun began with another game crash; this one was the last straw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I've therefore decided to uninstall and reinstall the game for the ten billionth time; I'm currently waiting for the dullards at EA tech support to send me the registry keys so I can get on with it. Aggravating, and it takes hours to do, but it can't be helped.
So I sent my request for information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggravated Sims 2 Player
I need to uninstall and reinstall the game. To do so I need the registry keys for each game up to and including the IKEA stuff pack. Can you please send me the information I need as soon as possible? Thanks!
And the response was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link between Man and Dust Mite
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I understand you lost your The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff serial number. Please be assured that I will do my best to have your issue resolved immediately.

May I ask if you were able to register the game before?

If you have registered your product before you can retrieve your registered serial numbers by following the instructions below:

Go to following website (useless link deleted) and Login with your ea.com name and password.
It will prompt you to re enter your password to help protect your privacy. Once done, click on "Ok".
Click on the "My Games" tab and all the games that you have registered and their serial numbers will be displayed.

If you need to request a new serial number because it has been lost, thrown away, does not work or was not printed on the back of the Jewel Case or manual, please click on the following link for instructions on requesting a replacement.

(Another useless link deleted)

I hope the above information helps you with your concern.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please feel free to email us again. You can also visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (third useless link deleted).

Thanks,

(Name deleted to protect family from embarassment)
Electronic Arts Technical Support
So, we have established that EA tech support does not fully comprehend the concept of registry keys as opposed to serial numbers. Why does this not surprise me in the slightest? I am not going to bother trying to clarify this for them, I'll open regedit and search through the keys manually. There's only 13 of them to track down and delete, just 13 out of several thousand keys, shouldn't take too long.

I hate EA.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-26-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #1578
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Best of luck, Cass. Unfortunately it doesn't look like EA will smarten up anytime soon.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #1579
L.G.
Melvineer

Two things today. 1st thing was my printer got jammed with paper (easy fix though). The real agitating episode just happened a few minutes ago. My dorm phone rang assuming the caller was my father, but when I picked up, it was someone else. At first, I thought it was a wrong number, but when she mentioned DVD titles, I knew it was a sales call. I said I was not interested, but she insisted in sending something to me so I could "make an informed decision." So I hung up. Man, I wish the phones in my dorm had caller ID.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #1580
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Best of luck, Cass. Unfortunately it doesn't look like EA will smarten up anytime soon.
Or anytime at all. Happily, I found all of the registry keys fairly quickly, and I had the wit to write them down for the next time I have to uninstall and reinstall the game. And I guarantee you, there will be a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Two things today. 1st thing was my printer got jammed with paper (easy fix though). The real agitating episode just happened a few minutes ago. My dorm phone rang assuming the caller was my father, but when I picked up, it was someone else. At first, I thought it was a wrong number, but when she mentioned DVD titles, I knew it was a sales call. I said I was not interested, but she insisted in sending something to me so I could "make an informed decision." So I hung up. Man, I wish the phones in my dorm had caller ID.
Next time give the pest the address of someone you dislike with great intensity.