Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #1541
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm not a big fan of Mr. M. Night. I'll admit that I enjoyed Signes but had so many plot holes that I almost felt insulted when I thought back about the events of the movie.
I honestly did nothing but laugh when I first seen a commercial for "The Happening". "His first R rated movie!" came off as pretty desperate if you ask me. But I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mr.M.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #1542
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron.

My 4th favorite.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #1543
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Kim Possible: So The Drama

I've watched this movie many times before, and I'll watch it many times again. Angst, drama, action, comedy, likable heroes and villains, a solid, well-written story with great dialogue, and a beautiful ending. Best animated movie Disney ever made. It's that good, it really is.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #1544
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

This was phenomenal. Johnny Depp was fantastic and Helena Bonham Carter was great. Good music and amazing special effects. On the note of special effects, though... it was bloody. Very bloody. I wouldn't recommend this one for the faint of heart and/or stomach. The ending, gruesome as it was, was very Shakespearian and great.

Another fine film, Mr. Tim Burton.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #1545
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

The last one I saw was "The World's Strongest" (the second Dragon Ball Z movie); the Pioneer/Ocean Group English dub (not the FUNimation re-dub). It's one of my favorite movies of the series, and it was certainly one of the best dub performances I've seen of any DB episode/movie done in English. The reason I say that is that I had preferred the Ocean cast over FUNimation (though FUNi had improved in later episodes to where I can say I liked many of the voices), they kept the original music (which they did not do in most of the series and not in the FUNimation re-dub), the lines weren't as corny (which made the movie feel more powerful), and they didn't change the opening and ending themes. Just my opinion, of course.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #1546
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The 40 year old virgin

Very funny, a lot better and funnier then i remembered. Very glad I gave this a second watching. On a semi un-related note, I am SO happy to hear "World's strongest" is one of your favorite DBZ movies Radical. I LOVE that movie! Its my favorite DBZ movie for pretty much all the same reasons you listed before.

The music, the voice acting, the Japanese background. I actually went through a lot of digging on the web to find the original ocean DUB version of the first 3 DBZ movies because Funimation discontinued them to make room for the redub ones. It was well worth the hunting and money to get the original Ocean dub.

Truth be told, I loved the Ocean dub better too but I've grown so used to the Funimation voices, I accept either or now. Plus as excellent as the Ocean performances were, I really do love the uncut uncensored dialog and visuals that the new Funimation dub supplies. The first 3 DBZ movies still are some of the best out of all 13.

My other favorite DBZ movies include:

#8 "Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan"
#10 "Broly: Second coming"
#12 "Fusion Reborn"
#13 "Wrath of the Dragon"
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #1547
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I still have the VHS tapes of the DBZ movies Dead Zone (my personal fave), Worlds Strongest, and Tree of Might. I love the imagery of Dead Zone. The art is gorgeous, the music is very dramatic (I love Piccolo's theme) and the action isn't as over the top as other DBZ offerings, which I really like.
I'm also a fan of the Ocean Group dubs over the Funimation dubs. To this day I still believe that Scott McNeil is the best English voice actor the character ever had.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #1548
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I still have the VHS tapes of the DBZ movies Dead Zone (my personal fave), Worlds Strongest, and Tree of Might. I love the imagery of Dead Zone. The art is gorgeous, the music is very dramatic (I love Piccolo's theme) and the action isn't as over the top as other DBZ offerings, which I really like.
I'm also a fan of the Ocean Group dubs over the Funimation dubs. To this day I still believe that Scott McNeil is the best English voice actor the character ever had.
My first tape was "The Tree of Might". It was actually the first time I got to see anything DBZ that was uncut. Strangely, "The World's Strongest" was the very first DVD I ever purchased. A few years ago, I got the other two Pioneer DVDs right before FUNimation re-dubbed the first three movies. Honestly, I have not seen the re-dubbed version, but I've read that FUNi replaced Shunsuke Kikuchi's music with rock music and a less faithful script.

Scott McNeil is a fantastic voice-over actor. I have to agree that Piccolo had to be one of the best voices from any English dub cast of the series.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #1549
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

And When Did You Last See Your Father?

A gentle but extremely poignant family drama, adapted from Blake Morrison's memoirs about the time spent watching his father's deteroriation and death from cancer over a four-week period, and his efforts in the meantime to get to the bottom of some closely-guarded family secrets (I've yet to actually read the book myself, but after watching this film it's had no trouble worming its way onto my ever-growing to-read list). It's a compelling and powerful enough story in it's own right, but what really brought it to life were the lead performances - Jim Broadbent was especially marvellous as Arthur Morrison, and Colin Firth was great too. Really tear-jerking stuff.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-22-2008 at 07:32 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #1550
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Get Smart

While not the most ingenious comedy movie around, it certainly is a fresh, funny, and entertaining movie that manages to be funny without tons of sex, nudity, or constant swearing or even fart jokes. The story is nothing special what really makes it funny and enjoyable is the cast, they all work REALLY well together.

Anne Hathaway is freaking gorgeous in this movie and she plays with Carrell well (hey I rhymed!) I really liked Alan Arkin as the chief and the dialog was really clever and well delivered by the cast. I especially loved the music, I never saw the original TV show but that theme song is kick ass! Overall, this is a clean, decent, and well cast movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote