Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #1491
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Being invited to an ex's wedding and, since you've remained friends with her, not having any graceful way of getting out of going. Kinda sucks, guys, especially when you know deep down the same kind of event will never happen for you.

That, and people who think that anger shouldn't be vented. I'm sick of people thinking that anger should either be bottled up or "overcome". It's only healthy that anger should be vented, as long as it's vented in a non-violent way and in privacy as not to alarm others.

Also, being the only person who knows psychology in a group of people who are having a discussion on psychology, and constantly having your opinions pushed aside.

Oh, and having a hangover sucks. I can't imagine why people would honestly drink so much as to have one while full knowing what the consequence will be.

Oh, also the fact that my roommate has kept a seafood dish sitting on the kitchen counter for two days. I can smell that crap from my room, and I swear to God that if he doesn't remove it soon I'm going to be throwing it in his face.

Last edited by Nathander; 07-24-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #1492
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I have an ex-girlfriend who's remained on good terms, and who tends to show her baby pictures all the time.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #1493
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Oh, also the fact that my roommate has kept a seafood dish sitting on the kitchen counter for two days. I can smell that crap from my room, and I swear to God that if he doesn't remove it soon I'm going to be throwing it in his face.
Nothing worse than food left on the counter. My place has been pretty busy due to all the company and, needless to say, food has been left out for the fruit flies to start swarming over. Those little buggers (the flies, not the guests) are starting to drive me nuts.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #1494
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Nothing worse than food left on the counter. My place has been pretty busy due to all the company and, needless to say, food has been left out for the fruit flies to start swarming over. Those little buggers (the flies, not the guests) are starting to drive me nuts.
Luckily, we haven't gotten anything like that yet. Still, I'm hoping he has it thrown out by the time I get back later this week. I'm currently staying with my sister to keep her company while my parents are out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu
I have an ex-girlfriend who's remained on good terms, and who tends to show her baby pictures all the time.
You could know where I'm coming from them. I admit I'm being overly sensitive and, to a degree, selfish, but it's hard not to be at some points.

Anyway, fleas drive me utterly crazy. They really, really do.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #1495
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

After finding out just what they were like this week, I'm not a fan of 10 hour long haul flights. Granted, they're obviously quicker than land or sea, but it just still feels like forever before you get to where you're going. And you pretty much have to pull an all-nighter to get through it, what with time zones.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #1496
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default An Open Letter

Dear Comic-Con Goer:

The Comic-Con Convention Hall is packed tightly with hundreds of bodies. When you are chatting with your friend on your cel phone, please to not be flailing your arms wildly. If I did not wear glasses I may have lost an eye.

Sincerely,

Me
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #1497
L.G.
Melvineer

Working from 6:30am to 8:15pm Friday. Granted, the last two hours were traveling time, but I was still drained later that night.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #1498
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Dear Comic-Con Goer:

The Comic-Con Convention Hall is packed tightly with hundreds of bodies. When you are chatting with your friend on your cel phone, please to not be flailing your arms wildly. If I did not wear glasses I may have lost an eye.

Sincerely,

Me
Here here, I agree. They should have designated areas in convention center for people to go, if they want to yak (and smack) on their cell phones.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #1499
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

What sometimes ticks me off is people who think it's a fad or a "style" to freak out over something and make a scene when it's not that big a deal. You know, those ladies who insist on jumping on a chair and screaming when they see a cockroach or a mouse. I had an occurrence today at work that, although not that bad, I still found annoying. Ok, I can understand why someone would be afraid of snakes. Really, I do. I almost got bitten right on the tip of the nose by a baby rattler once. Talk about scary! But when you're soooooo afraid of snakes, you don't even want to look at them, even from across the building, even when they are in a locked GLASS cage, even when they're all young and small (and if you ask me, even cute and beautiful), and even when none of them are poisonous, then I think you're just trying to be melodramatic- And it's ANNOYING!

So a lady comes into my work place today. For those who don't know, I work at a large pet supply store, and we also sell small pets, including snakes. Anyway, she must be in her 20s, and clearly well off financially, has her hair bleached blonde. She seems nice and polite, but also acts like a spoiled valley girl. She comes to me and asks me where the restroom is. I happily tell her, and she asks, as if not bashful about it at all "Oh, there aren't any snakes on the way back there are there?" I answer "No there aren't", but inwardly I'm saying to myself "What the...? Are you seriously asking me this? Chill! They're on the other side of the building, in locked GLASS cages, all young and small (and if you ask me, even cute and beautiful), and none of them are poisonous!" Ugh! A phobia is one thing, but when you act like it's "cute" or "stylish" to have it, well, it's not. It's just obnoxious.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #1500
L.G.
Melvineer

A bee sting. One second, I heard a buzzuz buzzuz buzzuz. Next second, I feel a sharp pain on my right hand uttering words that I won't repeat here. I didn't even see the blasted thing go near my hand. I can still feel the pain, and that sting was from 8 hours ago.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote