Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #141
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Also it is not the first time they treated a lead character in that manner. look at how BLoo was treated in the Benndy episode. same type of situation, but directed to bloo, and bendy was definitly a Bad Egg, While GoofBall was just Misunderstood because he was from a different country.

Monty
I hardly think it was the same type of situation. Bendy's antics got everyone in trouble; Bloo caught additional flak because he went after Bendy. Goofball's antics were directed solely at Frankie. Bendy was certainly malicious, but Goofball was clearly worse, because his behaviour was born of total self-involvement, and a complete inability to either see or care who he was hurting. Bloo also didn't have to suffer the way Frankie did, and didn't have a "Disney-esque" scene of scrubbing the floors. Bloo also got some justice at the end, and Bendy was exposed as the real troublemaker; there was no such justice for Frankie. And finally, being from another country is meaningless; I can think of many real-world examples that were just plain evil, not "misunderstood".

I don't think you are a bad person for enjoying the episode, but I cannot understand why you, or anyone, would enjoy it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #142
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I didan't really interpret Goofballs actions as targeted directly at Frankie in a malicouss way but more like she let him get to her because she didan't believe him. I hope that made sence.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:41 AM   #143
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
... but Goofball was clearly worse, because his behaviour was born of total self-involvement, and a complete inability to either see or care who he was hurting.
I guess this is where we disagree, (I am not trying to discredit your comments , I agree with most of them)

However, I think Bendy's behavour was worst. and I still see a parellel between Frankie/Goofball and Bloo/Bendy. yes I would agree goofball was self-involved and very short-sighted. goofball has no concept of consequences. hence how he became lost in the begining. I think this episode was to to focus on Goofballs antics, and not to intentially hurt frankie Fans.

So I guess you could Understand why I like this episode (since I also liked the bendy episode and I see a parellel) even though many people may not agree woth me. .

before reading this thread I actually never even thought about the suffering frankie endoured during this episode; I think she is freaquently taken advantage of in many episodes. So with this episode I was focused on wanting to see what goofball would do next. I was also focused on: how was frankie going to uncover this "Imposter"? I thought it was hysterical at the end when Goofballs nose was uncovered. and then his family showed up.

I wish I could spell
monty
Old 11-21-2006, 09:11 AM   #144
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
I think she is freaquently taken advantage of in many episodes.
THAT'S THE PROBLEM. It was viciously cruel for the writers to put a character that is already very sympathetic and underappreciated in such a one-sided no-win situation.

You're not evil if you liked the episode... but what happened to Frankie WAS and STILL IS very evil and malicious. Just saying that the writers "didn't try to offend Frankie fans" is useless, because I am nonetheless still VERY hurt and upset.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-21-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #145
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Okay...okay everyone take a breather for a second. I think the point Vox is trying to make is that even if Goofball was not as intentionally evil by nature like Bendy was, the actions that Goofball took and directed towards Frankie where in fact just as evil.

Possibly more so. Why? Because the difference here is we know Bendy is an ass, his whole episode and family and "clues" are to reveal he's bad to the bone and nothing will change that. He does what he does to intentionally hurt and annoy others.

Goofball however is self absorbed and not only did he not even consider what he was doing to Frankie, but he didn't even stop either. He purposely used her as a door matt and his laid back view on life made him seem completely careless to any amount of human suffering Frankie was enduring.

I also want to go on record here and state clearly that it HAS been done, there HAVE been episodes of TV shows that purposely and literally bash the living hell out of a certain character. Being a TV nut, I know this happens, I can name 5 shows right off the top of my head that did this besides Fosters:

Pokemon

Ben 10

Batman Beyond

Tale Spin

Extreme Ghostbusters

I know plenty more and I assure you, TV episodes can easily make or break a character. Certain episodes are designed to make everything go virtually wrong for the targeted character. Verbally, physically, mentally, emotionally, everyway possible. So it's not that hard to believe that it happened again.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #146
BabyElephant
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
There are completely different kinds of "bombs". Any given television series will have episodes that aren't up to par with it's usual standards of quality, that's inevitable. And then there are episodes that are disliked not because of any gap in technical quality, but because they do things that seem to only be there to deliberately shock and anger fans.

The problem with IHFUMEUP wasn't that it was 'not as funny' as usual--it's that it was INDEED evil, wrong and malicious.
I think "evil" is a bit strong...it may be a matter of semantics, but evil to me implies things such as the Holocaust or Darfur...or on a smaller level, rape and murder. Being a completely insensitive, selfish jerk doesn't reach anywhere near that level.
Also, I find it very hard to believe that the episode was done "to deliberately shock and anger fans". First of all, while I certainly don't know anyone who works on the show personally, from everything I've ever heard or read, Lauren, Craig et al are great people who would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. But even supposing that there were someone on Foster's with that kind of sadistic streak, I still don't think an episode would ever get on the air that was intentionally designed to be hurtful. The people involved with Foster's (the production company, CN, etc.) want to make money, after all, and purposefully upsetting their fan base isn't going to do that...just the opposite, in fact, since it might cause people to stop watching. Just from a strictly business standpoint, it wouldn't make sense. Now I like Frankie a lot, but I won't pretend to understand the depths of feeling this episode brings out, even after all this time. And of course, whatever someone feels about Goofball or the episode as a whole is completely legitimate. Still, given the amount of true evil that exists in the world, maybe some other word could be used.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #147
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
Also, I find it very hard to believe that the episode was done "to deliberately shock and anger fans". First of all, while I certainly don't know anyone who works on the show personally, from everything I've ever heard or read, Lauren, Craig et al are great people who would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. But even supposing that there were someone on Foster's with that kind of sadistic streak, I still don't think an episode would ever get on the air that was intentionally designed to be hurtful. The people involved with Foster's (the production company, CN, etc.) want to make money, after all, and purposefully upsetting their fan base isn't going to do that...just the opposite, in fact, since it might cause people to stop watching. Just from a strictly business standpoint, it wouldn't make sense. Now I like Frankie a lot, but I won't pretend to understand the depths of feeling this episode brings out, even after all this time. And of course, whatever someone feels about Goofball or the episode as a whole is completely legitimate. Still, given the amount of true evil that exists in the world, maybe some other word could be used.
I find myself agreeing with BabyElephant.
Sorry, but I think that saying the Foster's crew knowingly, intentionally, and purposefully made IHFMP to hurt Frankie in the most evil, malicious, and cruel way possible is discrediting them. Yes, I do agree that Goofball's actions were seriously wrong towards Frankie. And here, "wrong" is not even a strong-enough word to describe what horrible misfortunes he caused her. But saying that Craig and company purposely went out of their way to bash Frankie--I find that unfair and harsh. I think the Foster's crew are great people who work really hard to try and please their fans.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #148
Voxxyn
Banned

I do appreciate the hard work that goes into the series. I'm not lashing out like this because I thought IHFUMEUP was a severe gap in technical quality.

I'm lashing out because as a Frankie fan, it was just upsetting, depressing and borderline traumatic to watch her go through all of that. They wasted their hard work and talent on an episode that, whether or not that was their true motive, was just plain CRUEL and MALICIOUS towards Frankie and felt like a huge slap in the face to her fans. How is that, as a fan, supposed to "please" me? Because I love Frankie and hate episodes of ANY show that basically devote themselves to destroying a character from start-to-finish, I don't matter?

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-21-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #149
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Of course you matter. Never did I say that you didn't matter. And the creation of a hurtful episode to Frankie fans does NOT mean you don't matter either. I think the Foster's crew tried to come up with a humorous Frankie-centered ep, but their plan totally backfired. Instead of producing laughs, IFUMEUP produced much trauma, sorrow, and anger. Because you love Frankie so entirely, you make a huge difference. We know that Frankie is already underappreciated, and she doesn't get a lot of chances to shine, so being supportive of her from beginning to end, through thick and thin makes you important. I never said you didn't matter.
And I never said IFUMEUP had to please you. I meant that overall, the crew tried to make their episodes, in general, pleasing to their fans. It seemed to me as if some people thought that Craig and co. purposefully and intentionally wanted to bash Frankie, and I found that unfair.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #150
BabyElephant
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Of course you matter. Never did I say that you didn't matter. And the creation of a hurtful episode to Frankie fans does NOT mean you don't matter either. I think the Foster's crew tried to come up with a humorous Frankie-centered ep, but their plan totally backfired. Instead of producing laughs, IFUMEUP produced much trauma, sorrow, and anger. Because you love Frankie so entirely, you make a huge difference. We know that Frankie is already underappreciated, and she doesn't get a lot of chances to shine, so being supportive of her from beginning to end, through thick and thin makes you important. I never said you didn't matter.
And I never said IFUMEUP had to please you. I meant that overall, the crew tried to make their episodes, in general, pleasing to their fans. It seemed to me as if some people thought that Craig and co. purposefully and intentionally wanted to bash Frankie, and I found that unfair.
Exactly. I think that really the worst that can be said of everyone who worked on this episode is that they made a mistake. Yes, it was a mistake that hurt a lot of people, and I would never presume to tell them they shouldn't feel that way. But I can't believe that there was any malicious intent to any of it.