Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #141
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

I also find it odd that Mac and Goo are the only humans to appear, and they weren't any adults at all in this episode. It's still great episode to enjoy. It just needs more characters in this episode.
Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:43 AM   #142
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash-N-Cortex View Post
I also find it odd that Mac and Goo are the only humans to appear, and they weren't any adults at all in this episode. It's still great episode to enjoy. It just needs more characters in this episode.
I don't think that the episode suffered from a lack of adult humans. Frankie and Madame Foster are the only adult HUMANS(emphasis on HUMAN)who are regulars on the show, anyway. I think that Wilt most ably handled the role of the "Responsible Adult", who rather unwillingly got dragged into a kids' game, then found himself getting into rather more than he would ever have figured! It's a pretty good way to show that even responsible adults still have imagination and can still "cut loose" every now and then and indulge their own "Inner Child".

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #143
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I don't think that the episode suffered from a lack of adult humans. Frankie and Madame Foster are the only adult HUMANS(emphasis on HUMAN)who are regulars on the show, anyway.
No, I think it suffered from a LACK of explanation of why the adults were gone. I understand this episode wouldn't work the same way with Frankie and Madame Foster there but, no effort was made to explain to us why they were gone.

And it's important for THIS episode because the Snot Boogies kidnapped, chased, attacked, and tortured Mac and Bloo. That's alot of LOUD actions and physical movements to make without anyone upstairs hearing them or not.

If they said Frankie and Herriman went to the super market or had to go out of town for some reason, then that's acceptable. But the fact is they didn't explain it at all, and it's also illogical that Frankie would leave the house unattended.

There's still all the other imaginary friends in the house, this isn't like in "Squeeze the day" when everyone was gone for a specific reason except Bloo.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #144
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
No, I think it suffered from a LACK of explanation of why the adults were gone. I understand this episode wouldn't work the same way with Frankie and Madame Foster there but, no effort was made to explain to us why they were gone.

And it's important for THIS episode because the Snot Boogies kidnapped, chased, attacked, and tortured Mac and Bloo. That's alot of LOUD actions and physical movements to make without anyone upstairs hearing them or not.

If they said Frankie and Herriman went to the super market or had to go out of town for some reason, then that's acceptable. But the fact is they didn't explain it at all, and it's also illogical that Frankie would leave the house unattended.

There's still all the other imaginary friends in the house, this isn't like in "Squeeze the day" when everyone was gone for a specific reason except Bloo.
They never explained why Frankie was absent in "The Big LeBlooski", or why not only neither she, Mr. Herriman or Madame Foster showed up in "Infernal Slumber", BUT how Bloo, Ed, and Wilt(and eventually Coco, too)managed to sneak out of Foster's in the middle of the night AND back in the next morning without the aforementioned adults-in-charge knowing about it!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #145
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

That's because the point of the joke of "Infernal" and "Big Lablooski" involved them in areas NOT in the Foster's house. Both those episode took place in locations not evident in the foster's home, where this one did.

Bloo and the others snuck out, they explained that, they didn't bother saying where Frankie and Herriman was when all of this crap was going on. And believe me, if they were home they would have DEFINITELY heard all of that noise.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #146
YuckieDuck
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The first showing featured Tommy and Tara talking, and me hitting the mute button.
I saw the credits on CN Nordic today (it is sometimes so awesome though often horrible!). It had the Goo, Mac, Bloo, Coco, Coco and Goo, Wilt and Eduardo drawings. The audio was Goo singing a song (the same one earlier in the episode but longer and with different lyrics). I'll try to get screenshots of the credits for this episode, Big Picture, Room with a Feud and Good Wilt Hunting. I still haven't seen the credits for Challenge of the Superfriends.
YuckieDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #147
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

This was not one of my favorite episodes. There were a lot of good moments, but I just could not get into this one.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #148
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Aside from the awesome concept around this ep, and the fact that Wilt was suckered into playing for the bad guys, I just gotta say this:

BEST.ENDING.EVER.

Seriously, am I alone in thinking that the last split second of the episode was better than the ending of any Fosters episode? I just loved the chibi Eduardo!

Ahem, gotta get a hold of myself, I'm talkin' like a GIRL. And I vowed when I joined this forum to represent the MEN. I'm not the only one out there, am I?

As to the Bloo thing, I think it was mostly put in for humour, but it may have just been Bloo's cowardly gut reaction, rather than having any thought like that, cause, given enough time to think about it, I beleive Bloo would do ANYTHING to keep Mac alive. Which is kinda scary if you think that through to it's logical conclusion.

And of course, i too love Goo as a character, she's so awesome and reminds me so much of myself as a child, only black and a girl.

If anyone cares, I'm told I'm most like Wilt nowadays.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #149
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

I really enjoyed this episode, i'd definitly rank it as one of my faves. The actuall 'pretend games' reminded me so much on when I was young, and Goo reminded me on myself very much as I always loved to be a 'main' character in a pretend game and always wanted to be noticed etc. I really liked this episode! A 4 me!

FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #150
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

What do you call that style of art in which the episode concluding still was drawn/illustrated, assuming it's influenced by one?

Anyways, incredibly cute ending.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote