Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #1481
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Working outside under hot and humid conditions.
I hear you. It was miserable outside here today, like a steambath at times but nowhere near as pleasant. It'll likely be the same all weekend.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #1482
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

Friends who call you up to hang out, but don't show up, and their excuse is that "They're tired."
Old 07-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #1483
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Khones View Post
Friends who call you up to hang out, but don't show up, and their excuse is that "They're tired."
That happens a lot with me. Why don't these people just say they're not interested in hanging out?

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #1484
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Depraved extended family members. Long story, this.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #1485
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

This one guy who's on a couple other forums I belong to, he's a real little punk. It's not just him I'm annoyed at though, on one of the forums the admin/staff just don't care when members harass eachother. So this one guy, he goes around saying "f--- you" to people who have different opinions than him and can get away with that. And on the second forum, he posted the animated avatar I made for the first forum without crediting me or at least saying "I didn't make this I found it somewhere" making it look like he'd made it himself. Of course he didn't even copy it to his own computer and upload it somewhere, he just used my imageshack addy for it. I posted right after him saying "yeah that's my avatar and here's some more I made - in fact here's my website where you can get them all," so I'm sure everyone knows I made it, but that was an irritating thing for him to do.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #1486
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ugh, IMDB is bad about that too. A lot of trolls, and the mods don't seem to care half the time. And what makes it worse, if you report too many posts, no matter how offensive they are, they tag you as "annoying" or something, and they won't let you report any offensive posts any more. Sometimes someone "official" gives first hand info about a show/movie/actor, but keeping my eyes open for those are the only reason I still check that place for news. Without them, the place would be outright hostile.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:28 AM   #1487
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Ugh, IMDB is bad about that too. A lot of trolls, and the mods don't seem to care half the time. And what makes it worse, if you report too many posts, no matter how offensive they are, they tag you as "annoying" or something, and they won't let you report any offensive posts any more. Sometimes someone "official" gives first hand info about a show/movie/actor, but keeping my eyes open for those are the only reason I still check that place for news. Without them, the place would be outright hostile.
Oh, don't get me started on IMDB. I used to hang out there a lot in 2005, now I scarcely drop by at all, and when I do I never post. Finding (and maintaining) a half-way intelligent or civilised conversation in that place is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. As you say, there are an awful lot of trolls, and the place is very poorly moderated - possibly because there's a message board for every single movie, actor and director that's ever been, and only a comparatively very small number of staff members to oversee them all. I found that if you complained about a post with blatantly very offensive content, it could be months before anything actually happened. And unfortunately, the hostility doesn't stop with just the trolls. I found that roughly 95% of "normal users" in that place were rude, aggressive and derisive (a lot of them seemed to be troubled teenage boys who honestly didn't appear to have much else of a life), and that whatever opinions you expressed, even something as harmless as "I really enjoyed so-and-so's performance in thingy-film", nine times out of ten you'd get flamed for it. In the end it's hard to say who was worse - them, or the folks who'd post user reviews on a regular basis and then behave as though that somehow made them professional critics.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 07-20-2008 at 01:28 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #1488
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

All true. Just ask Solid Snake himself, David Hayter, who, as uberdave, frequently posts on his page's message board.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #1489
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

REALLY? That's him?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #1490
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
All true. Just ask Solid Snake himself, David Hayter, who, as uberdave, frequently posts on his page's message board.
Wow, he's brave. I think if I were an actor, actress or director, I'd be too scared to go in any message board connected to me in that place.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote