Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #1401
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

"300". In all honesty, I feel that this movie is highly overrated. Why would they lure the Persians to fight in the crevice if you don't bother to stay in it? I mean, a phalanx is only effective if you stay in formation, King Leonidas

Last edited by Medikor; 03-24-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #1402
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
"300". In all honesty, I feel that this movie is highly overrated. Why would they lure the Persians to fight in the crevice if don't bother to stay in it? I mean, a phalanx is only effective if you stay in formation, King Leonidas
Well you know as they say "Million Dollar Body, Ten Cent Brain."

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #1403
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Monty Python & The Holy Grail.

Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #1404
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Mulberry Street

One of the 8 Afterdark horror movie fest films that they have here. My friend managed to see 3 of 2007's festival, I only got to see 3 from 2006 and so far, this was easily the best movie out of the 4 I have seen of the movies.

Its a cheap but really well made movie about infected rats in New York city, who bite people and turn them into flesh hungry rat human like creatures and rip the city apart, killing and eating people.

As stupid as it sounds, it was a VERY well made movie. Very nicely directed, great color schemes and music and excellent photography, great make up jobs too.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #1405
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I've seen several movies recently, mainly for my film class, though two haven't been. The movies I've watched were:

The Graduate

Fantastic film, and it closely struck a cord with me due to the content of it and its meaning, especially the portrayal of a young man drifting through life. I think it was way ahead of its time.

Singing In the Rain

I'm usual not a gigantic fan of musicals, and when I do listen to them, I tend to enjoy the more offbeat entries in the genre then the classical musicals. I have to admit, however, that I loved this film, due greatly to the interaction of the characters played between Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor. Enjoyable film.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I've never read Thompsons book, though I eventually intend to do so. THat being said, I have to admit that I'm mixed on how I feel about the film. It was weird and surreal which, while attributes I usually admire in films, made me uncertain how to take Fear and Loathing. I think I may have had an easier time getting through it if I had read the book, and while Depp and Del Toro's acting in the film is amazing, I still could never come to fully enjoy it.

Lone Wolf McQuaid

One of the cheesy, over the top action films Chuck Norris made in the early 80s. While not a particularly great film, it was still enjoyable for camp value. It had some standout scenes in it as well for pure campy delight, such as McQuaid driving out of his own grave and a midget in a motorized wheelchair who is a crime lord, and the most entertaining character in the film. It's a pity we don't see more of him.

Night of the Living Dead [Original]

The undisputable king of zombie films. Enough said.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #1406
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Illusionist

I seem to remember, when first this movie came out, it receiving a lot of unfavourable comparisons to the Prestige, another magician-orientated movie released around the same time. With hindsight, this comparison strikes me as being pretty unfair, since the similarities between the two really are superficial at best. Nolan's film may well be the superior specimen overall, but Neil Burger's has a perfectly enjoyable and engrossing storyline all of its own, with a pretty unexpected twist (I didn't pick up on any of the signposts anyway). In many ways, this can even be considered the antithesis of the Prestige, since whereas the latter was a delicious character study concerning some of the darker and more repuslive recesses of the human psyche (and certainly, that the two lead characters were essentially both antagonists proved to be one of the most refreshing things about it) the Illusionist is actually quite a charming and uplifting little mystery story. That in itself doesn't make it any better or worse, just different, and more than worthy of being judged upon its own merits.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-26-2008 at 03:51 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #1407
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

George of the Jungle

Kudos to Keith Scott for once again providing the laughs as the Narrator. But really, Brendan Fraser deserves the credit too. He was perfectly cast as George and really played it well! Especially at the climax.

'This biggest swing in jungle history. Will hurt very much, but George must do it!' *wimps*

Lol! Who could forget the 'never argue with the narrator' scene? Absolute classic! Again, kudos to Keith Scott!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #1408
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

"TMNT". I finally got to give this one a watch and all I have to say is "Cowabunga!" What a great way to introduce a new generation to the hero's in a half-shell. It really had the spirit of the old movies and show and really made me enjoy myself.
The visuals were great and exciting. The story, for the most part, was very good. The whole thing about ancient warriors trying to catch monsters to break a curse is a little iffy but the character development, especially between Leo and Raph, was fantastic. It felt very natural thanks to the casting. Definitely a must watch for anyone who enjoyed the turtles back when they were a kid, and this definitely earns a place next to the other turtle movies on your shelf.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #1409
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Star Trek V "The Final Frontier....with wait, let me finish. The Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Riff Trax playing over it.

It was so awesome to hear the only black mark of the original Star Trek movie series be ripped apart verbally by two master riffers like Kev and Mike.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #1410
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Certainly much better and no where near as boring as I originally feared. The cast worked well with the story which actually felt like a RL issue, it didn't feel fake or unrealistic. The set up and the characters all felt totally believable and felt like this was something I could totally see happening.

Spacey was great as always, I don't care much for gambling and card games but I found this little trick counting system to be neat and actually got the gist of it. It even had quite a few surprises in it as well, sure didn't see that ending turn of events for the main story. Overall, a good flick to spend your afternoon watching.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote