Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #131
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Oh yes I used to order from this one Thai place whenever I got sick in college.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #132
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Price Rite makes me happy. They don't have as many choices as Stop and Shop, they have no fresh seafood, and they charge you a dime if you want a bag. Very little in the way of low fat and low calorie stuff, too. However, when I discovered that I saved over 50% on this week's grocery bill, I decided that I can cheerily put up with all that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #133
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Being off work tomorrow, Sunday! Whoo hoo! I don't have Sunday off very often! I will sleep, make myself a nice breakfast (I'm thinking pancakes), watch some TV shows I rarely get to see anymore, take a nap, eat something else (don't know what yet) and surf the web on and off for the entire day. Yay!

It will be a lazy day. Lazy days are always good.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #134
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

The day's barely begun, it's already been made.
Our favorite cat, Squeak (named for her inability to shut up.), has finally been found out of hiding, and now has made the move to the new house. That little bigmouth orange cutie. =3
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #135
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

About an hour ago, after searching fruitlessly for longer than I care to remember, I finally discovered a site where I was able to download songs from Tori Amos's first album. The album, titled Y Kant Tori Read, was not a critical success; in fact, it was trashed so badly by the critics that to this day she doesn't like to talk about it. I loved it but apparently I was the only one who did. There are no plans to ever re-release the album on CD so prior to this morning I've never been able to listen to it on my computer. Well, I'm listening to it now, and I'm smiling while I do so.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #136
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Wow, Tori Amos brings me back to college years. It's been a while since I've heard anything from her.

Anyway, what makes my day is today during the hour long drive to visit my family, I'm usually bored out of my mind, but today the countryside was so splendidly spotted with bright yellows and oranges and even a few reds here and there. And to make it even better, it was grey and a little foggy, so the yellows and oranges especially appeared to be "glowing", it was so pretty! I just love this time of year.

And also getting a positive reply to a post I made on another forum today. It's well known for its sarcasm and people getting attacked for nothing more than ignorance. That's why I don't post there very often, I always seem to look "dumb" to most of the people there. Not to say I don't look dumb here at times, I know I can be ditzy at times, but at least I know I won't be humiliated for it in the posts following mine. But anyway, getting a positive and friendly response to my post at that other forum made me quite happy.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #137
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Finally finishing and handing in my dissertation...that REALLY made my day.

As to how good it actually is, well, that remains to be seen. But I've been working on the danged thing for over six months, and it's just so gratifying to finally see the back of it.

Now I probably should try to get a job, I guess...

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #138
L.G.
Melvineer

Today, I had an exam in my Soils Engineering class, and I was stressed about getting a good grade on it. But the questions were similar to the homework problems I've worked on in the last couple of weeks, so I felt more confident. The kicker was when I asked my professor if I needed to make an assumption for one of the problems, and he realized that he forgot to include a measurement needed to solve that problem.

Also for this week in that same class, I've learned that elephants are not suited for soil compaction in Africa: they'll just follow each others' footprints instead of squishing the ground evenly
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #139
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

In preparation for my vacation last week, I bought myself some extra food to be sure I didn't have to spend any of my vacay to go grocery shopping. Along with the fruit and milk and eggs and bread, I got myself a jumbo pack of beef and chili burritos. I put it in my freezer to keep them fresh. And just today, over a week later, I open my freezer to see what I need to restock on next week and *gasp*, I had forgotten all about my burritos! So now I still have a bunch of yummy burritos to eat. That will make next week a little more tolerable for me.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #140
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

More download fun. Specifically, a bunch of Abba songs. I suppose you have to be a fan to understand why I'm smiling about this, but honestly, I've always considered them to be among the best. I'm listening to Dancing Queen as I type this. No one makes music like this anymore.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-01-2008 at 07:40 PM.