Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #131
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bloo View Post
Mac is only cool because he imagined bloo
yeah....................................

no.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #132
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant. Mac has infinitely more worth than just "Bloo's creator". His personality is the perfect balance to Bloo's, and the show wouldn't be same without the two together.

Of course, I also think Mac is a great character on his own. He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #133
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.
I agree completely. I normally don't find kid protagonists in cartoons to be very interesting or complex, but Mac is just so... likeable. And it's kind of refreshing to see a little boy actually voiced by a guy.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #134
BabyElephant
Settling In

The great thing about Mac is that he's one of the few kids (in animated or "real life" TV) who's actually a KID. He's smart, but not an annoying little know-it-all, kind and respectful of others, but every now and then capable of acting like a snotty little punk...in other words, the way that most kids actually are, rather than the way they're usually depicted, either as miniature adults or as miniature gangstas. Mac rocks!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 AM   #135
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
You realize, of course, that Bloo wouldn't seem anywhere near as cool or funny if he didn't have Mac to play off of. While it's entertaining to watch Bloo annoy other people, the only one who really compliments him is Mac.

See Voxxyn and kageri's posts. They basically said what I think, so it would be redundant to repeat it.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 AM   #136
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Quote:
I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant.
As do I. Mac is a great kid, Bloo or no Bloo, and a definite cut above most of the kids on other shows, cartoon or real.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-30-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #137
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Hey, I think Mac's cool on his own too....
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Darn right! Mac's a great character all by himself, but he really does work better when he's with Bloo since they both enhance the other's personalities and actions.
Yes.
Quote:
I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant. Mac has infinitely more worth than just "Bloo's creator". His personality is the perfect balance to Bloo's, and the show wouldn't be same without the two together.

Of course, I also think Mac is a great character on his own. He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I agree completely. I normally don't find kid protagonists in cartoons to be very interesting or complex, but Mac is just so... likeable. And it's kind of refreshing to see a little boy actually voiced by a guy.
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
The great thing about Mac is that he's one of the few kids (in animated or "real life" TV) who's actually a KID. He's smart, but not an annoying little know-it-all, kind and respectful of others, but every now and then capable of acting like a snotty little punk...in other words, the way that most kids actually are, rather than the way they're usually depicted, either as miniature adults or as miniature gangstas. Mac rocks!
Yes.

Mac doesn't need Bloo to be cool. The kid's awesome all by himself. Sure, he and Bloo complement each other, but that doesn't mean that he's only cool because he created Bloo. That's like saying ice cream is only good with hot fudge when in reality, ice cream is good all by itself. Or maybe my taste buds have gone haywire.
Mac is what Bloo isn't, and he also is what Bloo is. Mac can be the "voice of reason among raving lunatics" or the crazy gimme-more-sugar-let's-break-rules-now type of kid. If Mac is only cool because he created Bloo, but when you consider that Bloo came from Mac's imagination, then wouldn't Bloo only be cool because Mac created him?
But no, that is not true either. Mac and Bloo are both great characters by themselves.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #138
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Mac doesn't need Bloo to be cool. The kid's awesome all by himself. Sure, he and Bloo complement each other, but that doesn't mean that he's only cool because he created Bloo. That's like saying ice cream is only good with hot fudge when in reality, ice cream is good all by itself. Or maybe my taste buds have gone haywire.
Mac is what Bloo isn't, and he also is what Bloo is. Mac can be the "voice of reason among raving lunatics" or the crazy gimme-more-sugar-let's-break-rules-now type of kid. If Mac is only cool because he created Bloo, but when you consider that Bloo came from Mac's imagination, then wouldn't Bloo only be cool because Mac created him?
But no, that is not true either. Mac and Bloo are both great characters by themselves.
in a word, agreed. mac is a great character all on his own. and, as bloocheese said, bloo wouldnt exist without mac. so if mac is only cool because he imagined bloo, then bloo is only cool because he was imagined by mac. which is also not true, but i wont get into that.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #139
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
That's gotta be one of the worst responses I've heard from a character. Sorry, dude, but I have to strongly disagree. He's one of the most complexed characters in the show, and without Mac, the show wouldn't be the same.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #140
TrickyDisco
Newly Abandoned
Flange!  

Send a message via AIM to TrickyDisco Send a message via MSN to TrickyDisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Darn right! Mac's a great character all by himself, but he really does work better when he's with Bloo since they both enhance the other's personalities and actions.
So true.

Mac is a great and dare I say *brilliant* kid. Hell, I just hope my kids will grow up to be as brill as he is!
Still, without Bloo, he would be a total nerd and whatnot and thus needs someone as anti-socal/selfish as Bloo to complement him, making the two of them a team.

You can see how Bloo can be decent when he wants to due to Mac, or how Mac can be a total meanie if Bloo incites enough insane anti-social behaviour in Mac

IMHO those to are quite the pair, and what makes Foster's worth watching.

** Update 26/12/06: New icons from Transformers: The Movie **
TrickyDisco is offline   Reply With Quote