Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #1321
the beninator!!
Newly Abandoned
"I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben" - "Weird Al" Yankovic  

Send a message via AIM to the beninator!! Send a message via MSN to the beninator!!

secret window. i was entertained but the ending was a little downer... y'know because
Spoiler Below
you were rooting for the bad guy/a crazy freak the whole time

Last edited by the beninator!!; 02-04-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: because i forgot a word
the beninator!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #1322
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Dreamgirls

I didn't care for it. Granted there were some good songs and some gorgeous dresses, but I thought the movie was very pageant-y and over choreographed. (My dad compared it to Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, but that comparison was mildly lost on me.) It just wasn't my type of film.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #1323
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Drop dead Gorgeous

Santa Claus conquers the Martians

Two really good comedies, the latter being a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie I never saw before and my GOD it was a crap fest. Perfect movie for parodying and ripping on.

Many people don't remember or care at all for the first movie, which is a shame because i thought it was a hysterical movie, one that's seriously under looked and not really appreciated.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #1324
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Drop dead Gorgeous

Santa Claus conquers the Martians

Two really good comedies, the latter being a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie I never saw before and my GOD it was a crap fest. Perfect movie for parodying and ripping on.

Many people don't remember or care at all for the first movie, which is a shame because i thought it was a hysterical movie, one that's seriously under looked and not really appreciated.

I think we have the Santa Claus one on DVD with some other vintage Christmas cartoons. We didn't watch it though, although I can't remember why...

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #1325
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
I think we have the Santa Claus one on DVD with some other vintage Christmas cartoons. We didn't watch it though, although I can't remember why...
Actually its not a cartoon movie, its this really stupid, crappy, moronic live movie they made years ago. Its pretty bad even for shows like Svengoolie and MTS3000 to air.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #1326
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Night on Earth

Another superlative anthology film from Jim Jarmusch, master of the understated and the minuscule detail. The DVD is currently out of print, at least in region 2, so I was delighted to discover that my local library had a copy.

This one follows a miniature episode in the lives of five different taxi drivers and their passengers, all set within the same night but each within a different area of the globe - Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Rome and Helsinki, to be precise. The one set in Rome was definitely my favourite of the bunch, being by far the funniest and the quirkiest, if a little morbid toward its conclusion, but all of the segments had something special to offer, with the final one in Helsinki being the saddest and most powerful. As with every Jarmusch film, the gentle attention to detail is truly entrancing, and here you also get some lovely panoramic shots of each of the featured cities at night or in the early hours for your money.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-09-2008 at 01:58 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #1327
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

No Country For Old Men

The most shocking bits seemed to have been saved for the things you didn't see in this movie although some of the events you did were plenty enough not very nice. Terrific action sequences greatly enhanced by the pacing between them and all the characters were great, you didn't want to lose any of them.

Now of course I'm aware there's a book and I'm wondering what I've missed out on.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #1328
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Strange Wilderness

Definitely not the cleanest or most intelligent movie you'll ever see, but it was a lot funnier then I was counting on. They make some great use of the whole animal geographic parodying going around and Steve Zahn is such a funny actor, I really want to see more of him.

Made by the same guys who made "Grandma's boy", this is MUCH funnier but also a lot cruder and crass. Definitely some nasty moments but some really funny ones too, overall, I'm glad I saw it and btw, Justing Long played an AWESOME stoner .
Old 02-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #1329
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Rambo

freaking brilliant, John is trying to rescue a group of missionaries from pseudo-Khmer Rouge types in Burma.

All i'm going to say is that the .50 caliber cartridge sees liberal use in this flick
Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #1330
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

"Beavis and Butt-head do America". Again. I have become dead set on getting the B&B dvds if I find them.