Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #121
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
there are plenty of 30 minute-length children's cartoons...

Foster's not perticularly unique in that respect.
Ones not devoted to action, only a couple.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #122
Jii
Newly Abandoned
No, seriously, who are we talking about?  

Hey guys, did you miss the moment before Mac freezes time in the end?
Bloo says: "As your sidekick I say DO IT!"
I think that made up for him shutting the door from Mac. After insisting not being Mac's sidekick throught the whole episode I personally found the line quite sweet since it seemed to be such big of a deal for Bloo (as seen in other episodes too).

It was a great episode overall. I didn't get much out of it the first time, but I just watched it the second time and found myself enjoying it. Bloo definitely has some hilarious moments there, and it was refreshing to see that Mac is, behind the intelligence and great sense of morals, just an 8-years-old kid. Watching him getting upset over Goo's attempts to win him and Bloo in the imaginary battle made my day.

I have to admit, though, that at times the characters seemed a bit alien to me - minus Goo whose personality actually got much deeper. It would be cool to know who the writer is, and if this really was his/her first episode. If so, it would make a lot of sense.

A B it is. This is not gonna be one of my favourites, but it was definitely a good episode.

Last edited by Jii; 11-28-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #123
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jii View Post
I think that made up for him shutting the door from Mac. After insisting not being Mac's sidekick throught the whole episode I personally found the line quite sweet since it seemed to be such big of a deal for Bloo (as seen in other episodes too).

It was a great episode overall. I didn't get much out of it the first time, but I just watched it the second time and found myself enjoying it. Bloo definitely has some hilarious moments there, and it was refreshing to see that Mac is, behind the intelligence and great sense of morals, just an 8-years-old kid. Watching him getting upset over Goo's attempts to win him and Bloo in the imaginary battle made my day.

I have to admit, though, that at times the characters seemed a bit alien to me - minus Goo whose personality actually got much deeper. It would be cool to know who the writer is, and if this really was his/her first episode. If so, it would make a lot of sense.

A B it is. This is not gonna be one of my favourites, but it was definitely a good episode.
Ah, I didn't notice that. Awwwww.

I totally agree about Mac. I always love to see him acting like a kid.

And yeah, it feels like someone else wrote it -- strange and disjointed. I'll have to watch it again, since I wasn't paying terribly close attention the first time, but that's the impression I got.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #124
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Muaha! I wonder if Goo kept the potato whale or if he's living at Foster's now too. xD Probably neither, because we weren't supposed to catch it, I guess. Really, check it out. In her room, when she wakes up and sees all the space nut boogies and whatnot, THERE'S A FOR SERIOUS POTATO WHALE! x3 I never would've noticed if I hadn't paused it when I was making Mom watch it and she had to go make dinner. I sat there for a sec, then burst out laughing and freaked her out.

I have the craziest reputation for pausing movies at the weirdest moments...Haha.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #125
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneFan View Post
Muaha! I wonder if Goo kept the potato whale or if he's living at Foster's now too. xD Probably neither, because we weren't supposed to catch it, I guess. Really, check it out. In her room, when she wakes up and sees all the space nut boogies and whatnot, THERE'S A FOR SERIOUS POTATO WHALE! x3 I never would've noticed if I hadn't paused it when I was making Mom watch it and she had to go make dinner. I sat there for a sec, then burst out laughing and freaked her out.

I have the craziest reputation for pausing movies at the weirdest moments...Haha.
You're not alone, I did in fact notice when it panned out to show all of Goo's latest creations before it faded to black, there was in fact the...Potato Whale! amongst the group. Sadly Mr. Potato Whale did not get anymore screen time aside from the brief cameo.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #126
YuckieDuck
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
edit: sorry, messed up on the writer. It was Kirk Thatcher.
Here's an interview I found with Thatcher: http://movies.ign.com/articles/035/035854p1.html

Kirk has surely done a lot of work. A model painter on E.T. and Star Wars, director of Muppets, actor/song writer on Star Trek, writer on Foster's... :bloogrin
YuckieDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #127
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:

No I didn't realize that! Awesome you pointed it out, because it makes me feel better about the whole scene now. I forgive Bloo. :bloogrin
So he can be REAL STUBBORN, but EVENTUALLY, he'll get the point and give in sometimes. Okay, this makes me take that negative point off of Bloo. LOL
YAY! Mac n Bloo forever. )

Yeah the ep DOES seem "Disjointed", nice choice of word there. I think it was a little odd at times and a bit OOC, but that's happened in a few other eps. (Foster's Goes to Europe comes to mind) and well, I think we just have to expect that once in a while. Keeps things interesting, to say the least.

Yay, Jii has made me feel better about that ep now. Thanks Jii!

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #128
Jii
Newly Abandoned
No, seriously, who are we talking about?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
No I didn't realize that! Awesome you pointed it out, because it makes me feel better about the whole scene now. I forgive Bloo. :bloogrin
So he can be REAL STUBBORN, but EVENTUALLY, he'll get the point and give in sometimes.

Yay, Jii has made me feel better about that ep now. Thanks Jii!
Exactly, and usually he gives in very subtly without really admitting he was wrong and someone else was right, and this little scene was a prime example of that. :bloogrin

The pleasure is all mine! I'm glad it doesn't bother you so much anymore.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #129
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

"I made pants pie"
One of the few crud jokes in the series, yet the funniest.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #130
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Exactly, and usually he gives in very subtly without really admitting he was wrong and someone else was right, and this little scene was a prime example of that.
Sadly, that doesn't make me feel a whole lot better about the incident.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote