Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #121
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
It wasn't the terminology I found offensive. It's how you remarked about Frankie giving them "bloody noses" as if they're already confirmed to be complete jerks, even though I've yet to see any real indication of that. And it didn't help how some a few others here referred to "geeks" and "nerds" in a derogatory fashion following that remark, giving the vibe that anyone who falls into either are worthless and deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

That bothers me on it's own. But considering my feelings toward Frankie, it becomes ESPECIALLY hurtful.
I was, of course, referencing how Frankie deals with ANY overzealous suitors, including Prince Charming. Those two guys might not make a move on her at all, but it was certainly implied that at some point, at least one of them WILL, seeing as how they view her. Frankie's way of handling guys who are too foreward has nothing to do with the sort of guys that they are, seeing as how Prince Charming and Dylan Lee were about as different, personality-wise, as any two guys can get, but both discovered the same hard way that Francis Foster is no delicate little flower.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #122
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
It wasn't the terminology I found offensive. It's how you remarked about Frankie giving them "bloody noses" as if they're already confirmed to be complete jerks, even though I've yet to see any real indication of that. And it didn't help how some a few others here referred to "geeks" and "nerds" in a derogatory fashion following that remark, giving the vibe that anyone who falls into either are worthless and deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

That bothers me on it's own. But considering my feelings toward Frankie, it becomes ESPECIALLY hurtful.
Hey, no hard feelings (if I'm included in this, which I'll assume I am just to be safe) -- I'm the biggest geek/nerd I know. I'm lovin' me some nerdy/geeky awesomeness. Especially since they're H2G2 references. They seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Frankie seems unaware that they're going gaga over her, or at least she does to me. She just seems weirded out that they're acting so peculiarly.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #123
Voxxyn
Banned

Prince Charming hauled Frankie to the restaurant's restroom AGAINST HER WILL, and who knows what his twisted mind would've done had she not retaliated. And remember that he actually punched that elderly waiter, so Frankie punching him was more or less instant karma.

Dylan and Prince both learned the same hard way despite being different people, that's true. But which one of these was seen hanging out in the living room with Frankie and the others in the final scene of the episode? Aside the fact that Prince basically lives at Foster's, he and Frankie seemed to be on very good terms. I think that has to do with his personality being nowhere near as unpleasant as Dylan's.

Judging from the ads and clip, I don't think these geek characters be Dylan-ish at all. Even if one of them DOES get some sort of bruise from getting too up-close with Frankie, I would think their final interaction/farewell would be positive instead of negative.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #124
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

When Bloo says that Wilt's creator sounds like a jerk, he may be onto something! Bloo might be right this time.

Wilt looks so cute when he looks sad, (cue the one hour "AWWW" session) especially when he had his head down, that reminds me of me when I walk, I hardly ever look foward, I usually look down at my shoes. XDD

He looked like he was so left out because, as he looked out the window of his shared room, everyone looks all happy and having fun, not having a care in the world. As for Wilt, he looks left out...poor guy. I, myself, feel left out, like no one sees that I am even there, acknowledging my "left outness" at times, so I know how he feels about THAT. This feeling, my friends, is NOT awesome to feel.

Being left out...only because a certain someone doesn't show up to see a certain imaginary friend...AGAIN.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #125
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I REEEEEEALLY hate this commercial because it makes me want to see it MORE!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #126
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

But how can anyone hate the ADs? XDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #127
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

It invokes impatience.

Maaaannn, I'm about to adopt Switch's habit of gnawing on desks...
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #128
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg View Post
Has anyone else noticed the fat nerd is pretty much the comic book man from Simpsons?
YES!
The pony tail, the fatness, and the voice are so similar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
However, I can show you ComicallyExaggerated!Frankie:

I dunno about you guys, but I think *the* Frankie is way better than sexy Frankie. Sorry, but I found sexy Frankie a bit scary. Funny, but nevertheless scary.

And thanks to pitbulllady, I can re-identify myself, not as a nerd, but as a geek. Geek pride, everyone!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #129
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Unless they start acting as badly as Dylan, I can't see Frankie belting either one of them. She may end up losing patience with them and yelling, but she's not a violent person. Other than the incident with Dylan and going after Mr. Herriman with a mop in "Busted", both of which required considerable provocation, she's never taken a swing at anyone. It's not in her nature.
I, too, agree with this statement. I don't think it's in Frankie's nature to give a good ol' beating to someone just for the heck of it. She usually has to be REALLY provoked before that happens (the incident with Dylan was a perfect example, just as others have mentioned. I can't help but say that he had it coming to him-I mean, if I were in Frankie's shoes at that point I might have even done the same thing! XD He was dissing her friends and that's never cool).

And as for the "nerd" "geek" thing I've always thought of myself as a nerd even though most people don't really think I am one for some reason. I DO like to analyze things a lot-it's just in my nature. I'm constantly interested in learning new things about characters, shows, just anything! But like I always say, I'm a nerd and I'm DANG proud of it! *pumps fist in the air* XD So I don't use it in an offensive manner, either, because I take pride in it. XP

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 11-07-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #130
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
Cartoon Network has posted a scene from "Good Wilt Hunting" on their video pages (video.cartoonnetwork.com) today (11/6).
NOOOOO! The CN thing dosen't work for Macs! *ete twitches*

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote