Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #121
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

So? It's Berry! She's like one of the best along side Eduardo! But if she did something like that to Eduardo, that would be sad
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #122
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm wondering how Eduardo would react if she vented her frustrations on Baby Pacho. Funny for us, I imagine; not so much fun for Berry.

Y'all think the little psycho will be back again?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #123
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I don't think we've seen the last of her. Like "Jason" or "Michael Myers", she's just gonna keep popping up when you least expect it, just to make things interesting, and probably failing to show just when everyone is thinking, "now this would be a good opportunity for Berry to show up and try to kill Mac again, when he's off-guard". That makes for an interesting character, because you never know when they'll show up again or what lengths they'll go to next. I won't say she's a LIKABLE character, because she IS dangerous and psychotic, but she's definitely INTERESTING.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #124
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Berry's had two excellent episodes so far. I appreciate the fact that it's been two, not twelve. It's the same principle as Mr. Freeze in Batman: TAS. He only appeared three or four times, but each time was very, very menorable. Not overused, used well.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #125
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I don't think we've seen the last of her. Like "Jason" or "Michael Myers", she's just gonna keep popping up when you least expect it, just to make things interesting...

pitbulllady
Interesting comparisons!

Hmm... Child's Play 10: Berry vs. Chucky...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-12-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #126
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Berry's had two excellent episodes so far. I appreciate the fact that it's been two, not twelve. It's the same principle as Mr. Freeze in Batman: TAS. He only appeared three or four times, but each time was very, very menorable. Not overused, used well.

Very good point! She IS interesting in part because of her unpredictability; if you have no idea when she'll show up, that's a lot more interesting than if she's in every other episode or if she's being shoved-butcher knife and all-down our throats. That also makes her more of a realistic threat, rather than just someone there for comic relief. By not overusing her as a threat, this makes her much more menacing.

Cassini, I can see a "Fangoria" magazine special issue-"Berry vs. Chuckie", with the winner to take on Freddy! That'll beat "Freddy vs. Jason" hands-down, any day!

pitbulllady
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #127
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, Berry doesn't strike me as evil per se, since she clearly has some serious sanity issues she needs to work out. This may be letting her off on a technicality, but allow me my viewpoint, as it lets me enjoy her appearances more than if she was simply abusive.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #128
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

the last thing I wannt to see is Berry, Duchess, Terrence, Bendy, etc. overused until they end up like this:

Is there a law somewhere that says evil people have to do the "EEEEVIL grin" whenever they're happy?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #129
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
the last thing I wannt to see is Berry, Duchess, Terrence, Bendy, etc. overused until they end up like this:

Is there a law somewhere that says evil people have to do the "EEEEVIL grin" whenever they're happy?
The scariest of psycho characters are the ones who, like Berry, look so innocent and harmless most of the time, and quickly lure you into a false sense of security. I mean, when she first showed up at Foster's in "Berry Scary", WHO would have ever thought that this cutesy little pink darling with big eyes and that little-girlie demeanor would be a close rival for Glenn Close's character in "Fatal Attraction"? To ME, those are the real psychopaths-the ones you least expect. I agree she's not evil per se, but she is a nut-case, a very dangerous one at that. Her sanity is definitely amiss, leaving her intelligence intact, which serves to make her all the more dangerous.

I never cared much for the Disney brand of villains myself, since it's so obvious as soon as you see them that they are the villains, even before they say or do anything, because of that stereotype that the "Bad Guys" have to be ugly and LOOK mean. It's not often that the Disney-esque movies spring a surprise on us like the folks who make Foster's did.

pitbulllady
Old 12-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #130
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I won't say she's a LIKABLE character, because she IS dangerous and psychotic, but she's definitely INTERESTING.
That's pretty much how I feel about her. I don't LIKE Berry, but she's an interesting character and her episodes have been good. I was really really REALLY surprised in Affair Weather Friends. o____o Though it she appears in another episode, the "Barry" thing isn't going to work, so she's gonna' have to try something new.

Although I don't like her as a character (I tend to dislike mean characters XD, she makes for interesting plots, so I would like to see her again.
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote