Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #121
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

There is a difference between being unintelligent and just not thinking. "Stupid" is a vague term that can define either. Bloo isn't unintelligent but he often does not think, therefore in a *sense* of the word, he can be stupid. It just depends on how you define stupidity, really.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #122
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Correct. Poeple with raw intelligence can still be stupid, in my view.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #123
Emma
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
There is a difference between being unintelligent and just not thinking. "Stupid" is a vague term that can define either. Bloo isn't unintelligent but he often does not think, therefore in a *sense* of the word, he can be stupid. It just depends on how you define stupidity, really.
Yeah! That's what I was...attempting to say earlier. Inarticulateness thy name is Emma.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #124
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzinistzerg View Post
Correct. Poeple with raw intelligence can still be stupid, in my view.
Ah yes. I agree, as I am living proof.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:41 AM   #125
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Okay so then I think a better word for him would be "clueless". Probably what's bothering me is that "stupid" has a rather strong conotation (sp?) to it, and isn't an appropriate term for him. Of course this is my own opinion, and you all know I could go on forever when debating (lol) but I just can't agree on it.
In that same respect, if Wilt was called "stupid", for whatever reason, it would probably bother the many fans or even just the people who know his personality well and don't understand the use of the word. That's kind of how I feel about Bloo, so maybe I'm being a little biased, but he simply is NOT stupid to me, and I'll hold to that. (He's selfish, sometimes a big jerk, and naive/clueless, yes all those things, but not stupid.)

And here I go, on and on and on...
lol

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #126
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I understand what you're getting at. Bloo's no Einstein, but he's definitely not "stupid" in the sense that he's a thick-headed, dimwitted numskull either. Some of his ideas may be brash and silly, but he's still clever enough to come up with brilliant schemes and solve things on his own. After all, who was it who discovered the secret behind the photos in "The Big Picture" and outsmarted Mac in "I Only Have Surprise for You"?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #127
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

And next week, she returns in "Make-Believe It Or Not!"

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #128
heartless95
Newly Abandoned
i'M A GooFy GoObER!  

If goo isn`t a bigpart she shouldn`t be there it`s just dumb
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #129
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Ah yes. I agree, as I am living proof.
Me too. Hence my confidence in my statement.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #130
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

As I've stated in the "Make Believe it or Not Thread", that episode, in my mind, confirmed that Goo has some form of abandonment issue. While it is natural for kids to react irritably and unhappily when they feel they're being ignored, Goo took it to an extreme. Not the fact that she created the IFs she created, but the fact that she couldn't let go of having failed to be able to keep up with Mac in their little "one-up" contest. While that wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with an abandonment issue, I personally think that she feels she has to prove herself, a lot like Bloo seems to at times, and that if she fails she feels she'll be all left alone. Probably groundless speculation, but it's my current belief.

Something else got me: they showed her at her house in MBION, but there were absolutely no shots of her parents. Not one. While it may or may not mean anything, you have to wonder how much attention her parents really give to her. While we know that they don't want to restrict her creativity, they don't appear to do anything to let it flourish, let alone help her current self-esteem. And I think that's what gets me: they don't want to stiffle her creativity so she'll have good self-esteem when she's a teen, but they're ignoring the fact that she already has lousy self-esteem. She feels the need to keep fighting on whatever grounds she's already fighting without giving up even when it's over, she has limited social skills, she herself seems fairly complacent with being ignored at times (she didn't really start interacting again until Wilt brought her back into the fold of the game), ect.

I'm just saying, you have to be a somewhat aloof parent to not notice your child already has what you wanted to prevent them from getting.

OVERANALYSIS!