Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #121
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

beating the first disc of final fantasy 8. i felt happier when i remembered it only took about 11 hours. fun times, they are being had.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #122
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

This probably won't mean much to anyone but a die-hard "snake person", but my big female Midlands Water Snake(the one who had the 43 babies a little while ago), ate a MOUSE today! I was feeding the Rat, Corn and King Snakes, and one of the Rat Snakes was "in shed" and refused to eat(which is normal for snakes about to shed), and everyone else had already eaten their fill and even if one had eaten this left-over mouse, it probably would have thrown up afterwards(yeah, snakes will eat enough to make themselves sick sometimes-they're not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, sorta the reptilian version of Cheese). I hated to throw the mouse away, since once you thaw them out(they're dead and frozen), so just to see what would happen, I offered it to the Water Snake. To my absolute surprise, she grabbed it and swallowed it, without hesitating! This is VERY rare for a Water Snake to eat anything other than aquatic things, like fish or frogs, unless you trick them by rubbing the "odd" food item with a fish or frog, so it smells like their usual food. I hadn't done that; this was just a white mouse that smelled like a mouse, yet she ate it as if she'd been eating mice all her life! Just to see if that was a fluke, I thawed out a smaller mouse, and offered it to her-BAM, down the hatch! This sure beats going to the bait shop and buying a bucket of minnows!

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 09-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #123
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Got another package from the wondersite called eBay a few hours ago. Three new Sailor Moon artbooks, larger and in even better condition than described, plus a rare English version of a videogame based on the show. I suppose you have to be a fan of the show to really appreciate this stuff but happily, I am a fan. Overall the complete package was a major bargain. I'll be smiling the rest of the night.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-02-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #124
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

My housemate recently gave me a present - more specifically, a bottle of Mr. Matey bubble bath, which I haven't had since I was a little kid. Brilliant; I'm looking forward to many a bubble-laden soak within it.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #125
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Talking Something I found at Stop & Shop last night

Behold:

It's low in calories. It's low in fat. It has zero saturated fat. It's not high in sodium. It has no trans-fats. What it does have is tomato broth, mixed vegetables, and crab.

Excuse me while I wipe a tear from my eye and prep the microwave.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #126
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

I found the small flash drive that had all my music on it.

Didn't take long to find, just looked at a table and saw it there.

And also, new Metalica album, listening and ripping to my PC right now.

Last edited by Bloonan; 09-18-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #127
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I had a Smart Day today. I'd been trying to figure out how to put an elevated water dish in my pinktoe tarantula's new tank since Saturday, and I figured it out today. And, I'd been trying to program a working ebay/paypal interface for Frankie's computer in my next interactive fiction game for weeks with no luck and no help from anyone else...and I just got it working. I am Awesome.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #128
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
It's low in calories. It's low in fat. It has zero saturated fat. It's not high in sodium. It has no trans-fats. What it does have is tomato broth, mixed vegetables, and crab.

dude... you gonna eat all that? College food is terrible
Old 09-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #129
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Behold:

No fair! I haven't seen THIS in our supermarkets! I would SO love to stir up a pot of this soup, like NOW! I've had home-made Chesapeake crab soup once, and I've wanted it since then. Maybe Campbell's will come out with a Charleston She-Crab soup for us South Kakalackey residents!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #130
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

My boss actually let me come home from work early today due to my illness. I greatly thank her for that. And after getting home, I took a short walk over to a Thai restaurant that I've been wanting to try for some time. I figured some nice spicy Thai food would knock the congestion out of my head. The staff was very friendly, and offered me a free cup of Jasmine tea while I waited for them to make my food, which was heavenly. I carried my food home when it was done and man oh man was it yummy! Not a bad price either. I'll definitely be going back again. And their spicy soup with chili, vegetables and chicken in coconut milk sure cleared my head. And what makes it better, I have enough left over for another great meal tomorrow.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote