Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #121
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Can't argue with that. Her Sim looked pretty amazing in some similar outfits I found. I'd enjoy seeing her in something different occasionally, but her original outfit will always be my favorite.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-31-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #122
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

No doubt about it, her original outfit is hard to compete with. It's casual yet nice looking, and very "friendly/family feeling" if you know what I mean. But yes Medi like Pitbulllady said, that dress was worn during the photo episode "The Big Picture".

I thought Frankie was irish or something when I first saw that dress, it just sort of came to mind when I looked at it. Madame Foster made Frankie wear that dress for every family photo for each year. And I agree, she looked cute as hell in it. But her "date" dress whoooo now THAT'S a keeper.

Something funny I noticed about that episode. Frankie seemed very nervous about her date, like she was really into him and like she was very scared of losing him at first. I wonder if Frankie is "nervous" about dating, or maybe she's scared of not finding Mr. right.

It just struck me as weird because Frankie has NEVER been scared about anything like this. Even after all the crap that occurs with Herriman, Bloo, and the others, she seemed generally cautious and nervous like she was really looking forward to dating a decent guy.

We all know in the end he WASN'T but my point being, I wonder if Frankie really wants a boyfriend.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:52 PM   #123
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I'll volunteer for that job right now. The rest of you, go home.

Seriously though, I think it was just a case of first-date jitters. Plus she was probably excited to be going out at all; with all the work she does around the house, I doubt she has much time or energy left at the end of most days. A date would likely be a real treat for her. Too bad she ended up with such a jerk.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:57 PM   #124
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'll volunteer for that job right now. The rest of you, go home.
Hey, the line starts behind me first heh. And judging by most people's feelings towards Frankie, that line probably wraps around the block a couple times too.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 08-31-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:10 PM   #125
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Unfortunately, not everybody is all that fond of her. There are fanfics galore, and an occasional post here and there, that are quite negative. I can't understand why. She's such a sweetheart.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #126
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

If she was nervous of anything it was probobly haveing to tell her dates of her life with Fosters. All those imaginary friends and responsabillitys, it's like a single mother trying to find a guy who dosen't mind the "extras".
Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #127
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I can think of a few people who'd be willing to put up with the "extras". We know she's worth it.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #128
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
No doubt about it, her original outfit is hard to compete with. It's casual yet nice looking, and very "friendly/family feeling" if you know what I mean. But yes Medi like Pitbulllady said, that dress was worn during the photo episode "The Big Picture".

I thought Frankie was irish or something when I first saw that dress, it just sort of came to mind when I looked at it. Madame Foster made Frankie wear that dress for every family photo for each year. And I agree, she looked cute as hell in it. But her "date" dress whoooo now THAT'S a keeper.

Something funny I noticed about that episode. Frankie seemed very nervous about her date, like she was really into him and like she was very scared of losing him at first. I wonder if Frankie is "nervous" about dating, or maybe she's scared of not finding Mr. right.

It just struck me as weird because Frankie has NEVER been scared about anything like this. Even after all the crap that occurs with Herriman, Bloo, and the others, she seemed generally cautious and nervous like she was really looking forward to dating a decent guy.

We all know in the end he WASN'T but my point being, I wonder if Frankie really wants a boyfriend.
I doubt that Dylan Lee was Frankie's first date ever, since she probably was quite popular in college, but since she now works at Foster's, and taking care of Imaginary Friends is her career, she has to be a realist. Few guys are going to understand her passion about her career, or even that she still basically lives at home with her grandmother. Her situation is going to not only put a damper on her free time(which you need a lot of for a successful relationship), but pretty much stigmatizes her as "strange", to many of her peers. I'm sure that Frankie knows this, and is aware that even if she DOES meet "Mr. Right", KEEPING him is going to be a much greater challenge, and finding someone who understands, appreciates, and will remain happy with her career and her genuine love of Imaginary Friends, and the time constraints placed on her by her job, is going to be next to impossible. I do NOT believe that Frankie is the sort of woman who is just looking for a "one night stand", or a "weekend Romeo", either. She is the sort who believes in committment, firmly, since she herself is so committed to what she does.

pitbulllady
Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #129
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

No I agree on the non "one night stand" bit, she's not that kind of person who'd just pick up the first guy that's datable and then dump him over the weekend. In regards to the fan fics thing, I haven't really come across any negative slashing about her and I too am surprised, she IS such a sweetheart!

The only thing I've ever seen in fics about Frankie is using her in a romance relationship with either Herriman or Mac. Herriman is just gross in that idea, and as weird as it sounds, i have seen good representations (as well as bad) on the issue of a 8 year old liking a 22 year old woman.

But that's another issue entirely. The reason I say she might have been nervous is because as nice as she may seem, we really have no idea if she's been on dates before, we can only assume and guess. Frankie's social and school life are pretty much up for grabs in the guessing game.

We know little about her background or her family outside of Madame Foster, hell, we don't even know who her parents are, or if they're alive or not. When comic con 2007 comes around, I'm going there and I'd like to go to the Foster's panel and ask em about that personally.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #130
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

If Frankie was real, I probobly wouldan't have a chance to woo her. I'm not the most handsom guy around, I could stand to lose a pound or two and I'm not someone who realy likes to go out on the town. Ofcourse, if I met Frankie I would make the effort and I really respect people who do things similarly to Frankie (Retirment homes, orphanages ect) and I would love to get to visit a home of imaginary friends.
What I find interesting to think about is: What would it be like if Frankie decided to start a family? Would she wait untill she's around her mid thirties to have a kid? Would she take a break from her job to raise a kid, or do both at once? Would she hold her wedding at Fosters with all the imaginary friends?
These are things I like to think about, but we likely won't get an answer since the show wouldant touch anything that deep.

Last edited by Medikor; 09-01-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread