Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #1281
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Anything is possible; the show has given us very little to go on. There's a lot of mystery surrounding the lady, which almost certainly contributes to her appeal for some people. The only things about her past that I'm certain of are that she's been showing up for picture day for many years, and that her parents told her there's no such thing as ghosts. And she has a college education, too, but I'm looking at earlier events right now.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #1282
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

I'd have to agree with Sparky. She seems to have grown up in an entire house full of imaginary friends; even when she wasn't living there pernamently like she does now. Why would a little girl need to think up an imaginary friend of her own, when she was surrounded by imaginaries for so long? For instance if she was looking for some sport related activity to do, she'd go to Wilt. To be girly and throw tea parties etc. she'd go to Eduardo and the more feminine imaginaries. And to be out right crazy, as kids sometimes get, Coco'd be the one to turn to. I think Frankie just never saw a reason to create an imaginary at all.

It's like growing up in a house full of stray dogs your parents take in. Why would you want to ask for your own?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #1283
Voxxyn
Banned

I would like to know if there is any specific reason for Frankie's unwavering loyalty and commitment to the house, it's residents and her job.

We already know how much she cares about the IFs, but I'd want to know what particular events happened in her life to make her so utterly dedicated to something that so many others would find thankless and unworthwhile. She's a very strong, self-reliant person who could easily quit her job and successfully make it on her own in the outside world. We know that she doesn't get paid much, we often see her get frustrated and mad over her job, we've seen her treated unfairly. And yet she doesn't leave.

That's part of what makes me love her like I do. And that, along with the nature of her parents and whether or not she ever had an IF, would make a wonderful basis for a potential movie.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #1284
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Some people are just born to care about others. You see volunteers who offer up their precious time to cater for people who are without a home, food, or simple needs like that. They just have that desire to help others seeded within them, and that is what they act upon more so then anything else. Yes, Frankie is known to get frustrated but she's only human after all. Plus being a young woman in today's world, she's more or less given a right to have a voice for herself and she makes good use of it obviously.

I think she just takes after her grandmother, both have this need to help the needy imaginaries that show up on their doorstep.

But can you really imagine Frankie quitting? That would cause some awkwardness within the house to be sure. They'd have to look for someone else (probably even more since Frankie does the job of many) to fill her shoes and I definately think that would be next to impossible. Frankie's just... built to be there. Literally, since Craig obviously thought about all what would suit the house. A young woman, powering on in her work despite all the obstacles a certain rabbit and blue blob throw at her. She's got some determination, I'll give her that much.

I reckon that's why a lot of women find her appealing as well. She's not weak at all. A good role model, I do believe.

Meh I'm just rambling now. I'll get back to my own work.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #1285
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I personally feel that Frankie dosent have an IF because she just never had the need too.And I like to think that she stays at Fosters because she's just too wonderful a person to leave all the IF that rely on her - wether they dmit it or not.
I don't like to think that there is any strife between Frankie and her parants. I think she's where she is because she wants to be. And I also like to play with the idea that Duchess or Kathy is her IF. We know they arent, but the idea of Duchess being Frankie's IF just tickles my funnybone.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #1286
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I personally think that something happened in her life that kind of stumped the child in her. Frankie to me seems like she never had the chance to be a child, she's a mixture of an adult and a child in more ways then one. I'm guessing that possibly her parents died and this happened at a rather early age in her life.

I think Frankie was so heartbroken or just plain "broken" that she never had the spark to want to create an imaginary friend. Plus, even if she did, I think we can all agree it would prove pretty unnecessary to create an IF when she ends up living in a house full of them and spending her whole life taking care of them.

Being with so many imaginary friends and her grandmother, Frankie would never really be alone again. And something tells me that Frankie has been alone for some time. As happy as she is to be social and want a boyfriend, something about her tells me Frankie has spent more the one occasion alone.

Like enough to affect her personally. Perhaps that's why she takes care of IFs, not wanting to be alone, not wanting to lose her friends or family, she fills it by constantly working herself to be around others, to help others. That's one idea. Another thing I believe is that Frankie has a lot of love to give.

I don't think Frankie has many places where she can truly be affectionate with people or IFs outside of Foster's. Here, she expresses love, concern, and care for others on a daily basis. However, despite her admirable dedication to Foster's, Frankie to me doesn't seem like one of those "red cross" kinda people.

Not that it's BAD to be one of those blood drive, hard working, dedicated kind of professionals, I just can't see her as one of those people. Foster's is the only thing she is dedicated too and I think the reason for that comes in several parts. Family, friends, following in her grandmother's footsteps maybe.

And possibly to give something back to the creatures that spent so much time with her. I do think Frankie, despite her sweet demeanor does get down sometimes. I think putting up with Bloo and Herriman and so many countless jobs and problems, Frankie really gets affected by all of this constant work.

I think the fact it is a thankless job when it SHOULDN'T be one is what hurts her the most, that Frankie isn't appreciated and sometimes proves to be more level headed and responsible then the person who started this monumental home and foster care center in the first place.

I know Frankie really looks up to Madame Foster and I think it bothers her sometimes that she has to be the rational one, and that her role model can go bonkers at the drop of a dime. But I don't think Frankie ever wants to leave her grandmother or Foster's. Let's face it, Foster's would fall without her.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #1287
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Very nice and thoughtfull theory, Mr.Marsmallow. But, as naive and childish as it makes me sound, I don't like to think that Frankie's past could be so dark and troubled. We ala love to bits and I care about her too much to think that she may have had a hard life (the inabillity to physicaly hug her when she's down can really bother me ). I'm not saying you could be wrong, just that I prefer to think that Frankie's past is much brighter and happier than many of the theorys say.
I also want to say that I feel partially responsable for this threads recent slowdown. After getting the season 1 dvd, I really wanted to talk about much of what Frankie had to say in the commentary. I chose not to because I didan't want to spoil anything for those who have'nt seen it yet.

Last edited by Medikor; 03-19-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #1288
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Plus gotta remember, this is a cartoon. Pasts aren't meant to be totally dark. Sure for Wilt things were kind of dark, but not so terrible as if he was abused or something.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #1289
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Ok on everything discussed for the last page:

I agree with Marshmallow, Sparky,etc.. Frankie didn't have an imaginary friend because she has a house full of friends. So why create one, it'd sort of be ignoring the others.

I'd think Frankie quitting would be a good episode. Frankie probably lost it on Herriman or Bloo & declared she quit. At first she loves it. Then she feels guilty & wants the job back. Meanwhile,the gang is sad except Bloo, who rules the house like a dictator.("YOU bring me a PADDLEball! You get me some pop, NOW! You turn the channel, I'm too precious to touch a controller!")

So what do you guys think happened to Frankie's parents? I like to think they just disapeared like Arnold's parents. (From Hey Arnold!) I'd like to see it explained in a future episode like Wilt's parentage has. (Or creatorage in his case ) I have a feeling that Craig has something dark in mind, like they were killed or something else that would never be on the show.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #1290
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Not necessarily. There are plenty of ways to get around death or reword it so it sounds nice. I understand it's a kids show, but even a kids show has to obey the concept of life and death. How else would there by any kind of laws pertaining to the stuff they do?

If death has no bearing in this show because it's a kids show, then Bloo and the others had NOTHING to fear from the Extremesaurus that was trying to kill them way back in "House of Bloo's". I remember even kiddie shows like "bobby's world" and "Darkwing Duck" were able to acknowledge and even say death out loud.

If Frankie's parents did die, they could always say "there not with me anymore" or there gone, passed on, or something like that. I kinda hope it is a death thing though simply because I think any less serious excuse would sound kind of stupid. Like "they travel around the world" or some stupid thing like that.

Or the other possibility is that Frankie did something or something happened to her relationship with her parents that caused them to leave. Kiddie show or not, Craig's got a mystery hanging around Frankie and unless the show starts to phase her out, sooner or later fans are going to start to wonder.

They made a character, and it'd be almost criminal not to explain Frankie's life. Especially considering this is someone who is by blood more connected to the show more so then Mac or Bloo. I mean she's Madame Foster's grand daughter, the term "grandma" alone envokes curiosity about family issues.
Closed Thread