Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #1281
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Kustom Kar Kommandos and Scorpio Rising

A couple of short 1960s films by a chap called Kenneth Anger that we were showing today as part of some film screenings for an undergraduate course which I help out with, the first of which was amusing, the second of which was...eh, kind of unsettling.

The first was only three minutes along (apparently intended for a much bigger project which Mr. Anger never got round to finishing), and revolved around a young man in tight jeans cleaning his car to the sounds of Bobby Darrin's "Dream Lover". It certainly has the makings of a good music video or TV advertisement. The second went on for a bit longer, and was basically a collage of iconic images, some cultural, some religious, some occult, juxtaposed with the saga of a biker played by Bruce Byron, who attends a party where there's some slightly unpleasant misusage of mustard, with the likes of Rickey Nelson, Bobby Vinton, Elvis Presley and Ray Charles occupying the soundtrack all the while. He also owns a couple of really beautiful Siamese kitties.

I really don't know what else to say. There was another film on the video called Invocation of My Demon Brother that I was considering watching before I returned it to the library, but I didn't really feel up to it today. I'll probably pop back and view it a little later on in the week.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 01-14-2008 at 08:44 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #1282
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Kenneth Anger is quite possibly one of the weirdest, and most disturbing, directors to have ever lived...

I just finished watching Ed Wood for a film course I'm taking. Wonderful film, and it makes you think, oddly enough, about his films and the man himself in a different light. It's an odd, and fun, film ride.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #1283
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

Talking

[i]Harry Potter and the Order and the Pheonix:[i]

Did you like it: Did you like the part where they have the wand battle.

And did you like the part where there was a masive battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort and can you believe that Voldemort made a Fire Voldemort Snake and that Water Ball traping Voldemort in, that Dumbledore had made and the scary part was that bang that break down the windows and Voldemort use the broken window shards and use them to kill Dumbledore, but Dumbledore uses a shield to turn the shards into sand whiches what glass are made of.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #1284
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

the first half of Death Wish 2

love 'em, number 3 is on tomorrow @ 8 on AMC, its my favorite
Old 01-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #1285
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

spaceballs. it is a great movie. dark helmet is playing with his dolls was kinda funny.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #1286
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
spaceballs. it is a great movie. dark helmet is playing with his dolls was kinda funny.
LOL!

'Did you see anything?'
'No, sir. I didn't see you playing with your dolls again.'
'Good!'
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #1287
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Kenneth Anger is quite possibly one of the weirdest, and most disturbing, directors to have ever lived...
Well, I snuck back into the library's audiovisual room today and fulfilled this week's ambition of watching Mr. Anger's Invocation of my Demon Brother...without sound, as it happened, since the only pair of headphones within range appeared to be malfunctioning, so I missed out upon Mick Jagger's original synthesizing techniques. Other than that, it was quite an experience. Ten minutes worth of psychedelic eye shots, what appeared to be some kind of New Age ritual, and one or two of those Hell's Angels showing up again. And the Rolling Stones themselves, of course. Pretty interesting twist ending too.

Ten minutes not being quite enough time in which to satisfy my craving for the mind-bending, I attempted and failed for the umpteenth time today to make sufficient sense out of Felix the Cat: the Movie. Such a disconcerting experience - the human characters really don't seem at home with the rest of their world, the final confrontation with the major antagonist just kind of fizzles, and Animation Film Cologne certainly weren't ready to use CGI animation in such a prominent manner back in 1988. But none of that really matters, I guess. This movie clearly wasn't designed to be anything other than a fun, trippy experience, as well as a platform from which to showcase an extensive range of scrappy but still very colourful little monsters. The only real thing that does kind of mar it for me is Felix's voice. Peas on helium, I tell ya!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 01-16-2008 at 01:24 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #1288
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

The Darkstalkers anime movie/series. Four 40-minute episodes. I saw paprts 1 and 2 years ago, only tracked down the rest just now.

Enjoyed it!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #1289
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Cloverfield

Ever since the tease trailer popped into theaters, I knew I was going to bust a gut over this movie and after seeing it, I was so freaking right. This movie really is a marvel and a brilliant step for original movies. The use of the video camera through out the film was annoying at first but it really worked out well.

You really felt wrapped up in this movie and felt apart of it, the actors and characters all felt completely realistic and authentic people you could relate to. The action was intense and freaking scary, this monster is excellent in design and the way the movie used it, and fear not you WILL see the WHOLE monster.

This movie was heart pounding, brilliantly shot and its probably the most realistic, truthful looking monster movie I've ever seen. I know its weird saying that about a monster movie but it really felt real, and it was really intense. My first "new" movie in 2008 and I am happy and proud it was this movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #1290
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm really glad that it lived up to the hype for you, Mr.M, you've really been looking forward to it. I'll definitely give it a watch on home video since I only go the theatre maybe once or twice a year.