Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #1271
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It could be interesting, at the least. I look forward to reading it.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #1272
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I look forward to see what "psycho" Frankie is like.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #1273
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Can't have one without the other. Frankie has proven in past episodes she can be the sweet young lady most of the guys here want to associate with, but just as often she's proved she's not about to stand by and not be heard. She has just as much right to be sweet as she does to be a bit tempermental if the need calls for it.
Anyone would likely be frustrated and stressed out with a job like hers. I think Frankie is increadably patiant considering what she has to go through everyday, Bloo for example.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #1274
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

While I do agree with that for the most part, I do think Frankie does have a temper, and that's coming from one of her biggest fans mouths here. Bloo does annoy the hell out of everything and everyone he meets, but Mac is a prime example of how you can tolerate him without shooting steam from your head.

Frankie does have a temper and I'm not bashing her by saying that, it's the truth, it's a part of her personality. Having a pissy fit temper tantrum doesn't change who Frankie is, even without Herriman or Bloo or anyone bothering her. Frankie blows up on everyone at the bus for their singing in "Good Wilt Hunting".

Now, I'm not saying what she goes through wouldn't warrant some steam letting but I do think Frankie resorts to yelling alot.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #1275
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I can't say I blame her. Who wouldn't get frustrated and need to yell once in awhile after having to clean up after Bloo in exactly the way Mr. Herriman wants it done 42 times per day? The fact that she continues to do it day after day really says something about how dedicated she is. She's not replacable in that house anymore than she is in my heart. I give her a lot of credit for that.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #1276
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
While I do agree with that for the most part, I do think Frankie does have a temper, and that's coming from one of her biggest fans mouths here. Bloo does annoy the hell out of everything and everyone he meets, but Mac is a prime example of how you can tolerate him without shooting steam from your head.

Frankie does have a temper and I'm not bashing her by saying that, it's the truth, it's a part of her personality. Having a pissy fit temper tantrum doesn't change who Frankie is, even without Herriman or Bloo or anyone bothering her. Frankie blows up on everyone at the bus for their singing in "Good Wilt Hunting".

Now, I'm not saying what she goes through wouldn't warrant some steam letting but I do think Frankie resorts to yelling alot.
Don't get me wrong, I love Frankies temper. I think it makes her more realistic and charming. I meant something more along the lines of "Given her temper, she does manage to keep her cool very well in her environment". I hope that makes sence.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #1277
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Does anyone know when this comic book comes out?

I don't read anything except for my monthly subscribed Sonic the hedgehog comic books from archie, but I'll gladly pick this up if Frankie IS the focus.

It's a really interesting plot and the cover pic alone is neat looking.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #1278
Voxxyn
Banned

It comes out the 28th this month, according to the DC Kids page(which is where the cover art and summary is).
Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #1279
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Wow, this thread has been far too quiet for far too long.

Has anyone ever wondered why our favorite redhead doesn't seem to have an Imaginary Friend of her own? We know she's creative enough to have made one; after all, in World Wide Wabbit we saw her designing the Foster's website, which takes a little creativity. Yet we've never heard anything in the show about this. Did she make one when she was a child? If yes, where is it? If not, why not? Some possible explanations:

Frankie did in fact create an Imaginary Friend, and he/she is indeed living at Foster's; the writers simply haven't gotten to that part of the saga.

Frankie created an IF but they are no longer together for some reason. He/she could be deceased, or they could be estranged. Another possibility is that they were separated unwillingly, and she started working at Foster's in the hope that he/she would someday turn up there.

Frankie never created an IF. Sadly, she's one of the few that can't. Perhaps that's why she she started hanging around and eventually living and working at Foster's; she was psychologically compensating for not having an IF of her own.

Frankie never created an IF because her parents would not allow her to. Who knows why? Lack of room, not enough money to support one, mean-spiritedness, whatever. This might explain why she has mentioned her parents only once in the series so far; Frankie is still upset with them about not being allowed to create an IF of her own and so they're not on speaking terms (assuming they're still alive, of course).

So, what do you guys think? Personally, I'm inclined to go with the last explanation, though admittedly I'm going more on a hunch rather than any solid evidence. Hopefully the writers will address the question eventually. Yet another reason we need a Frankie movie!

Last edited by Cassini90125; 03-18-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Corrected punctuation error. It's important, you know.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #1280
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Maybe she simply didn't *need* to, if she spent a large portion of her childhood at Foster's surrounded by various IFs all the time. And even though we do know that her parents were at one point still around, we don't know for a fact that she didn't actually grow up *at* Foster's, do we? Her parents may have lived there too for all we know, right? I might have overlooked a clue proving otherwise, I'm not all that observant. I'm just trying to contribute to the conversation.
Closed Thread