Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1251
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

I had a movie marathon last night and here are my thoughts on each of the movies.

The Great Gatsby (1974 version): After seeing the movie after I had read the book, I thought the film was mostly faithful to the novel. I liked the movie, but I liked the book more.

Shrek the Third: This was an entertaining movie, but it wasn't as funny as it could have been. Also, I wanted more of the subplot with Princess Fiona and the Disney Princesses. That would have been interesting.

Charlotte's Web (2007 live-action version): I thought it was a cute and charming film. It was endearing and also mostly faithful to the original book. However, I'm partial to the animated version of Charlotte's Web and, of course, the book, but that's just me.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #1252
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Beavis and Butt-Head do America. I can't believe I never watched these guys when they first aired! This movie was a fun-filled laugh-fest from start to finish. And I really enjoyed Robert Stack's guest star performance.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #1253
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

More movies I watched last night; here are my thoughts.

Chicago (2002 version): I can see why this film won all those Academy Awards; it was pretty great. Though I didn't care for the plot that much, everything else was spectacular.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: I also can see why this film is considered a modern classic; it was an excellent and heart-warming movie. It was funny, the story felt organic, the characters were endearing and it was captivating to watch.

Also, whenever I see that part in One False Movie where Mac is riding the bicycle with Bloo in it to the moon, I'm gonna be ROTF now. Seeing the original makes it even funnier now.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #1254
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Help! I'm a Fish

Just saw that on tv and I have to say, it's a rather nice little movie indeed, sad at some points, but all in all, rather good indeed.

Especially when
Spoiler Below
I thought that Fly had died in the end, but turned out to be a fake and that Fly had indeed lived.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #1255
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

shrek

havent seen the first one in a long time. always fun to watch
Old 12-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #1256
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

These are the movies I watched Christmas eve to New Year's Eve:

Watership Down
The Hudsucker Proxy
The Big Lebowski
The League of Gentleman's Apocalypse
The Illusionist
Princess Mononoke

The sequence began and ended with animated films very much concerned with man's relationship with nature, predoominantly as a destructive and threatening force. All the films in between very much show what's best about humanity - the ability to surpise, amuse and astonish and of course its great diversity. All of these attributes we share with the living world of animals and plants, which shouldnt be surprising as we're just another eddy in the endless spirals of the vast organic matrix that's developed on this planet. Princess Mononoke ends optimistically with the awful, futile war between man and nature concluded as well it should be as we're all part of the same process who's beauty emerges in all of us in so many different ways.

These films all in their own way reinforce the delightful magic of existence and all end with unity and continuity either created, restored or maintained. The future belongs to friendship and imagination. Happy New Year!

Oh yeh, I also saw quite a lot of the Rocky & Bullwinkle movie but it didn't really make the point very well so I pretended I hadn't. Was that Duchess as the main bad lady? Sure sounded like her.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 12-31-2007 at 09:43 AM.
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #1257
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Oh yeh, I also saw quite a lot of the Rocky & Bullwinkle movie but it didn't really make the point very well so I pretended I hadn't. Was that Duchess as the main bad lady? Sure sounded like her.
Nah that was Julia Louise Dryfuss doing Grey Delisle doing Natasha.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #1258
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Nah that was Julia Louise Dryfuss doing Grey Delisle doing Natasha.
I thought it was Rene Russo doing June Foray doing Natasha Fatale. I think you got the wrong Seinfeldian actor there. It was Jason Alexander who was in the film as Boris Badenov.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #1259
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I Am Legend

On the whole, I enjoyed this film, but I can tell you one thing that I absolutely loathed about it - and that is the utterly glaring and gratuitous focus at one point, in the final third, upon a couple of extracts from Shrek. I mean, really, what on earth were they doing there, other than to satisy Dreamworks' relentless compulsion to force that movie and its tiresome franchise down our throats at every turning? They couldn't have made a more intrusive blunder if they'd tried. Because, sadly, that was it from then on. The entire spectral milieu the film had spent so much time and energy building up had been very rudely jarred, and try as I might, I just couldn't claw my way back into it. The distinctly Hollywood-ish conclusion didn't exactly help matters, but then I haven't actually read the original story, so I could be talking out of turn there. If I am, then by all means ignore me.

It was a shame, because as I said, up until that moment things had been going pretty solidly. There were some lovely, eerie atmospheric shots of the derelict New York City which managed to be both musing and unsettling, and the bonding between Will Smith and his doggie companion admist all that impendence (revealed gradually, and effectively) was pretty darn engaging stuff. Mr. Smith himself didn't do a bad job at all of carrying the film pretty much by himself for the bulk of the running time, though naturally the gorgeous german shepherd who played Sam deserves their fair share of credit too.

Tonight's package also included the trailer for Alien versus Predator: Requiem, which was pretty fun. I got a few childish kicks out of uttering "oh, whoops" whenever the population total was shown to drop.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 01-01-2008 at 03:34 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #1260
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
I thought it was Rene Russo doing June Foray doing Natasha Fatale. I think you got the wrong Seinfeldian actor there. It was Jason Alexander who was in the film as Boris Badenov.
Nah, I was just checking to see if you were paying attention to the therad.

And indeed you were kudos my man, kudos.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote