Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #1231
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Hurrah, I finally got to see Enchanted.

I really enjoyed it. Sure, it was fairly schmaltzy in places, but after years of that sterile, would-be hip irony that became fashionable with the now-exhausted Shrek franchise, this itself came as quite a welcome little breath of fresh oxygen. I did have a couple of nitpicks. I for one would like to have seen them do a bit more with Queen Narissa in her live action, human form (because Susan Sarandon rules), and I don't think that the movie would have been any worse for leaving out that scene in which the chipmunk defecates (particularly seeing how Alvin and the Chipmunks already seems intent on providing the Xmas audiences with more than their fair share of said forest rodent bodily function gags ).

But nah, as I said this was by and large a lovely little film, and certainly a reason to feel a lot more optimistic about Disney's future than we could three or four years ago. Oh, and by the way, I seemed to be the only one in the audience who was genuinely and wholly enchanted by that scene in which Giselle cleans up the apartment with the assistence of those various adorable rats and roaches. How very typical.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-20-2007 at 12:15 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #1232
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Despite my curiosity of how they were going to amass a treasure or secret mystery that would top the first one, I wasn't sure what i was going to expect from this movie exactly. Turns out, it was a GREAT sequel to the first movie, they did a lot of interesting things in here I sure as hell wasn't expecting.

This movie doesn't quite live up exactly to the awesome first movie, but its a worthy sequel and I'm quite glad it was made. The story lacks the in depth mystery and intensity I feel the first one had. The creativity with the money symbols and glasses and stuff like that, I loved that and this one was all right.

The actual book itself was a great concept and it definitely had its unique points. But what I loved about this movie that I felt they did better then the first was the characters. Everyone is more involved, more active and more socially electric. Nic Cage and Diane Krueger have some HILARIOUS scenes together.

They really jazzed things up with them and even Riley Pool (computer guy) gets more involved, and more funny one liners. This movie is also freaking intense, they got some great action sequences and chases that just kept me captivated, it kept going and going and it never once lost my interest.

The villain turned out to be different then I expected as well, like I said, I was quite impressed at the improvements of the characterizations and the dramatic chase scenes. I think they really have a fun cast of characters who can work in almost any environment and I could easily see myself seeing a 3rd.

Overall, great sequel to a great movie. Btw, happy to hear you loved "Enchanted" Jekyll. I truly think that is one of Disney's best LIVE movies ever and one of the best movies I've seen in 2007. That movie and this one have really given me hope for Disney's future in the LIVE action movie business.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #1233
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Sweeney Todd

Wow. I've been waiting for this movie for a year now, and it was so worth it! This writers strike better end for the sake of the Golden Globes, because I want to see this film win every one it was nominated for

The whole movie was beautiful: the scenery, the acting, the costumes, the SINGING! And the bloooooood!
Spoiler Below
When Sweeney kills Judge Turpin...OMG! He's all *stabby stabby stabby* and I'm all *gag* OMG! THAT'S AWESOME! And then you think he's done and then he's all *SWOOSH* with his razer for one last cut! OMG!

I was also happy that no one in the theatre
Spoiler Below
noticed that the beggar woman was Lucy. I kept thinking, "Oh noes! I want it to be a surprise for those that don't already know!" and luckily, when it was revealed, everyone was all "OMGZ!!!!"

And ohhhh...
Spoiler Below
when Mrs. Lovett is thrown into the oven at the end...and you see everything...

The By The Sea bit was probably the funniest part. The look on Johnny's face in every scene was enough to get me going.

And the
Spoiler Below
part at the end where Sweeney is holding (dead) Lucy and then Toby slits Sweeney's throat......that last image is left with me forever. It's just.....aaauuuggh, I can't even put it into words.
What a poetic final image.

A downside: the people behind me talking throughout the whole movie and laughing at places that weren't even funny. Please, indulge me! I wanna laugh too!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #1234
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

so...i guess i should go see it?
Old 12-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #1235
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

The Simpsons Movie

This replaces Borat as the funniest movie I've ever seen, hands down.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #1236
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
so...i guess i should go see it?
Yes
Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #1237
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

The movie I'm watching right now (if it can be called a movie) is Tchaikovski's Nutcracker Suite. Lovliness of all lovliness if you ask me. I feel like putting on one of my ballet outfits, tights and pointe shoes and trying to dance along with them. So graceful, so sweet, so light and cheery. And the music....Ooooh, the music. Well, I like classical anyway.

Sorry but yeah, I'm a girly girl. Christmas isn't Christmas without my seeing The Nutcracker in some way or form. This year it's just on TV, but next year we plan to see it live.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #1238
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

oh, Tchaikovski is great, Lynnie! Absolutwely beautiful music.

Almost as good as the One, the Only... Richard Wagner

Die Walkure = Bliss
Old 12-22-2007, 11:50 PM   #1239
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Mary Poppins on tv earlier on and I have to say.....I still love the movie ^^

That movie is just a classic indeed, one of my top movies of all time.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #1240
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

How the Grinch stole Christmas

The Ron Howard movie. It's been a while since I've seen it, or at least it feels like it more so then our usual holiday movie hit list. I think a lot of people didn't give this film the appreciation for all its magnificent hard work and amazing realistic fantasy effects. I mean, this movie REALLY brought Dr Seuss world to life.

The nose make up on the Whos was especially amazing, its hard to even tell its a prosthetic for half the actors. Jim Carrey really played a great Grinch, he gave him a life, a personality, and an identity that helped the movie drift out of its occasional sappy kid messages. I particularly loved seeing the "You're a mean one Mr, Grinch" musical number LIVE.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote