Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #111
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Yeh seriously. Maybe it was the way it panned out or maybe the way it was drawn but it made you feel like every dissappointed rejected moment you'd ever felt. I mean that's genius really. I think the word Kafka-esquecomes pretty close. The feeling of turning into a big bug nobody likes.

Goofball was just an ingredient in it. He was so much like a teenage boy, he was desparately annoying, but all imaginary friends are at least a little bit annoying to somebody.

Aw....Snicket
Old 11-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #112
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm kinda starting to think there's something wrong with me. I can see how you all REALLY dislike the episode. Maybe my sence of humor is twisted or something...
But like I said, I didant laugh at the episode because I liked seeing Frankie have a hard time. I thought it was just funny. I can understand how it can be seen as downright hateful to Frankie that she had to go through all that. I'm sorry if I offended anyone by trying to explaine why I enjoyed the episode. That wasant my intent at all.
Maybe I've mellowed out as I've gotten older, or simply because I can relate to Frankie (haveing two little monster brothers that always gang up against you is murder! ) and the horrible day she had. I know I've had days where everything got progressavly worse. I guess I'm just able to look back at those days and laugh at them rather then continue to beat myself up over them.
About the only positive I can think about with this episode being made
is that those who made it obviously know of the negative feedback it's garnerd and won't make one like it again.
Anyway, about Goofball going to Fosters, wouldant that have been because Fosters is the only place of it's kind in the world? If so, I can understand why Goofball was sent there from Canada. That, or he got lost and some locals pointed him to Fosters.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #113
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
"Setting A President" came the closest, but it was ultimately a hollow victory as she ended up giving back the Presidential job.
I don't think it was necessarily a hollow victory. Frankie discovered in that episode how loved she was by the house's residents, and quite nobly gave Mr. Herriman back his job of her own free will. So ultimately, it was a learning experience. And now she will no longer have to wonder if she'd be getting more money if she had Herriman's job.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #114
Voxxyn
Banned

Koosie is right; I believe that cartoons are a legitimate form of art(And SHOULD be treated as such). And I think it says a lot for a "silly kiddy show" like Foster's that certain moments and episodes have affected me and others in such a way.

But I still think they crossed the line, and crossed it way too far. Frankie is sympathetic and underappreciated as it is without the "help" of this episode; if you know that and dislike her anyway, I don't think you'll ever change your mind. THAT is why it gave me the feeling that it was deliberately trying to abuse and destroy her.

If I seem upset everytime I talk about Goofball and his starring role, then good, because that's how I honestly feel, even to this day. I hope Lauren was/is able to understand just how hurtful IHFUMEUP truly was. Arguments about conflict and "not wanting to make the show 100% happy all the time" don't change the fact that what happened to Frankie was just cruel and wrong.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #115
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Yes, Voxxyn, Frankie IS underappreceated and this episode was obbviously hurtful to Frankie's fans. But Craig and Lauren seem to be very good people and I'm sure that they didant make Goofball for the soul purpose of hurting us.
I don't think they intended for Goofball to be hated to this degree. I can almost forgive him since he leaves Frankie and Fosters on good terms. But there are characters that take on a life of their own and almost write themselves. I think that was the case with Goofball.
I think taht Frankie missing her concert was important. It was the last straw needed to push her over the edge and lead to her final confrontation with Goofball. Don't get me wrong, I love Frankie and it wasant nice to see her suffer. But I did enjoy the episode. I guess I was just able to see the humour in the episode.
I'm not trying to defend Goofball, just trying to help everyone try and accept the episode and maybe, somehow, grow to appreceate it.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #116
Voxxyn
Banned

If you actually believe that Frankie missing her concert was "important", then I'm sorry, but you stand no chance whatsover of changing my mind about the episode. That traumatic event is AT THE VERY HEART of why I hate it so much.

In fact, the OPPOSITE is true: if Goofball makes a return appearance, in which he does something to Frankie that makes up for the horrible day she had when they first met, I might be able to tolerate and maybe even like him. But I will NEVER be able to "accept" or "appreciate" the episode itself. Call it 'forgiving but not forgetting'... that is, if the 'forgive' part ever gets a chance to happen.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-18-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:30 AM   #117
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

You know, Vox, you're really makeing me dislike thise episode. I can really see how much of a personal hell it was for poor poor Frankie.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #118
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

I'm glad there are people like Voxx on here, who point out how a form of art like a cartoon (yes I agree with that completely) can sometimes affect people to this degree. That's why I like to get into the deeper discussions, it makes it all the more interesting.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #119
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
I'm glad there are people like Voxx on here, who point out how a form of art like a cartoon (yes I agree with that completely) can sometimes affect people to this degree. That's why I like to get into the deeper discussions, it makes it all the more interesting.
It's an important and very truthful fact LaBloogirl, Vox is right, episodes can greatly affect people and even the most smallest or largest of scenes or words can make or break a person. One bad line for example can change a person's view on a character.

And one episode can do a lot of damage, which is what I feel Goofball did. Anyone who still doubts this episode wasn't a Frankie basher need only to watch the scene where Frankie is scrubbing the floors after being denied going to her concert. Watch the music, her reactions, and the pacing.

All 3 of those things in that SINGLE scene are the key realizations to just how badly and painfully Frankie was screwed over here.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #120
Voxxyn
Banned

Frankie missing the concert and scrubbing the floors was indeed the fatal "point of no return" blow for me. On it's own, it would've hurt badly enough. But the entire episode before that unfortunate moment was built and set up as if the underappreciated maid would put the mooching jerk in his place at the end and emerge victorious as reward for her suffering.

That never happened. Instead, the exact opposite happened; the WORST possible outcome allowed by the TV-Y7 rating. It was heartbreaking and borderline traumatizing.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-19-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Closed Thread