Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 AM   #111
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Man, are Bloo and Mac eager to meet Wilt's creator! XDD Pestering him with questions.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #112
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

I have to say this gets more interesting the more is revealed. That phone call was REALLY intriguing and makes us wonder about the mysterious Wilt even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Man, are Bloo and Mac eager to meet Wilt's creator! XDD Pestering him with questions.

Doesn't that remind you of somebody? Like the fans?? LOL

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-07-2006 at 08:28 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #113
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
Doesn't that remind you of somebody? Like the fans?? LOL
Yeah, it does, LOL! I will bet that this was exactly what the writers had in mind, too, especially after Bloo says, "Man, Wilt's creator must have been a real JERK!"

It was really neat to see and compare the many IF's with their creators, and see how the IF's either are total opposites of their creators, like Fluffer Nutter being created by that big tattooed biker dude, or near-mirrors of them, like Creaky Pete and his creator! It does go to show that you cannot make assumptions about an IF's creator based on what you see in the IF, though, doesn't it?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #114
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

I finally saw the second ad, and I like it!

Spoiler Below
Wilt blocking the Basketball from the basketball-headed dude is pretty cool! I'm getting excited all over again!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #115
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Speaking of conflicts, anybody wanna place bets on which one of those two geeks Frankie's gonna wind up giving a bloody nose to first?

With all due respect, as someone who could be considered a geek and knows all too well of how it's like to be an outcast, I find that statement to be EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE and INSULTING.

If these geeks turn out to be shallow-minded jerks like Dylan, I won't have a problem if Frankie knocks their lights out cold. But seeing the potential nature of their role in the episode(i.e. possibly be the scientists that studied Coco), I really doubt it. I truly hope that this whole sideplot is handled in a respectful and classy way, and that no one's feelings end up getting undeservedly hurt. You guys might think it's just a joke... but it's something that I'm personally very sensitive about.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-07-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #116
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post

With all due respect, as someone who could be considered a geek and knows all too well of how it's like to be an outcast, I find that statement to be EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE and INSULTING.

If these geeks turn out to be shallow-minded jerks like Dylan, I won't have a problem if Frankie knocks their lights out cold. But seeing the potential nature of their role in the episode(i.e. possibly be the scientists that studied Coco), I really doubt it. I truly hope that this whole sideplot is handled in a respectful and classy way, and that no one's feelings end up getting undeservedly hurt. You guys might think it's just a joke... but it's something that I'm personally very sensitive about.
Since when did "Geek" become synnonymous with "outcast"? That's a new one one me, as someone who's been called BOTH more than once! A "Geek" is someone who's extremely intelligent, especially in one particular area, like technology or biology(my forte'), but does not fit within any fashion parameters of the day, and often seems to "march to a different drummer", so to speak. Here in the US, many people proudly proclaim themselves to be Geeks, and enjoy a rather elevated social status because they can do things other people can't. Most do subscribe to some sort of fandom, often something science or fantasy-related, to indulge their intellect. I do not use that term in a deroggatory manner, since as I've said, if it weren't for being an over-the-hill Redneck(and that term doesn't bother me in the least, either), I'd be called a Geek far more often myself. The two guys(who ARE the scientists who studied Coco, by the way)plainly stated that they didn't like being called "Nerds", since a Nerd not only is socially inept and does not adhere to fashion, but generally(as Bloo as pointed out)isn't too good at doing things. I mean, the tech assistant teams at a major computer company here in the US actually are officially called "the Geek Squad", and wear badges on their shirts and drive trucks identifying them as such, so if that term were offensive, they'd hardly want to do that, would they?

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #117
Voxxyn
Banned

It wasn't the terminology I found offensive. It's how you remarked about Frankie giving them "bloody noses" as if they're already confirmed to be complete jerks, even though I've yet to see any real indication of that. And it didn't help how some a few others here referred to "geeks" and "nerds" in a derogatory fashion following that remark, giving the vibe that anyone who falls into either are worthless and deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

That bothers me on it's own. But considering my feelings toward Frankie, it becomes ESPECIALLY hurtful.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #118
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Unless they start acting as badly as Dylan, I can't see Frankie belting either one of them. She may end up losing patience with them and yelling, but she's not a violent person. Other than the incident with Dylan and going after Mr. Herriman with a mop in "Busted", both of which required considerable provocation, she's never taken a swing at anyone. It's not in her nature.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #119
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Unless they start acting as badly as Dylan, I can't see Frankie belting either one of them. She may end up losing patience with them and yelling, but she's not a violent person. Other than the incident with Dylan and going after Mr. Herriman with a mop in "Busted", both of which required considerable provocation, she's never taken a swing at anyone. It's not in her nature.
Completely and 100% agreed. I think despite the fact some may consider those two "nerds", they obviously cared enough about Coco to study her (I take that as a form of affection in a creature they are obviously fascinated by) and they think Frankie is gorgeous, giving her the admiration she deserves. Even if they DO become annoying, at least she knows people admire her.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-07-2006 at 09:59 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #120
Voxxyn
Banned

Exactly how I feel, Cassini. If they're complete jerks, then they deserve the pain and heartbreak. But it would be very unlike Frankie to punch them simply for being annoying, which is why I reacted so badly to that suggestion. Considering the nature of their role in the movie - combined with how their names combined are yet another Douglas Adams/Hitchhiker's reference - I REALLY doubt they'll be jerks.

I'm unable to see the clip and thus, I haven't seen the "exaggerated" Frankie some have mentioned. I'm not gonna judge until I finally see it... but I doubt it'll come remotely close to the real thing in my eyes. It might be appealing to those who have a material view of 'beauty', but I'm with Cass; it can't compare to the wholesome wonderfulness of the real Frankie.