Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #111
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I'm glad you got Seasons working. I can't extoll the virtues of a well-placed lightning rod on the roof enough, by the way. Also you should put a smoke alarm on the *outside* of the house, it doesn't matter where, to catch those fires that the rain doesn't extinguish.

I've never done the private school thing. Since my Sims don't age, it isn't that vital. But I may try it with Dib and Gaz, Professor Membrane is a great chef.
I'll do lightning rods at some point, I suppose, but it'll be quite a chore; we're talking about around 300 lots in nine neighborhoods.

Private school has several advantages; aside from possible skill points, teens can start new careers at level 2 instead of level 1, and their needs aren't as depleted when they get back from class. Getting in is often worth a lot of Aspiration points, too, though that wasn't the case at Foster's for some reason; probably because none of them have the Knowledge Aspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Aw, thank you Cass. That means a lot.
My pleasure.

(I'll be sending you a list of names and a large check.)

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #112
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The Sims can't tell the difference between that and a barrel, but for the story I thought something a little fancier than her usual classic outfit would be appropriate.
I wish they'd at least make them react appropriately to people walking around in their underwear or something. Sims clearly don't have the tact necessary to politely ignore people in their underwear, so it can't be that.

As always, awesome shots and story, even if Bendy playing in his own excrement is incredibly disturbing and Lord of the Flies-ish. Even the wolves (which are really cute) are freaked out. Something tells me he won't be happy about his new uniform.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #113
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I wish they'd at least make them react appropriately to people walking around in their underwear or something. Sims clearly don't have the tact necessary to politely ignore people in their underwear, so it can't be that.
Some of them react to nudity, but I've never seen one say anything about underwear or swimwear, although I know that hag Mrs. Crumplebottom surely would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
As always, awesome shots and story, even if Bendy playing in his own excrement is incredibly disturbing and Lord of the Flies-ish. Even the wolves (which are really cute) are freaked out. Something tells me he won't be happy about his new uniform.
He didn't. There may be a story in there somewhere; I'll see what happens.

In the meantime, everyone take a deep breath and prepare to say "Awwwwwww!!!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ag8fNK7TBw

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #114
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Porkrind=love

Who's he belong to?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #115
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Porkrind belongs to the four residents of Dorm #4 at Sim State University, the school that Mac is now attending. None of the residents of that dorm are part of the show, although one of them is a member here.

Porkrind is a womrat, which the book describes as being part guinea pig, part hamster. He eats an astounding amount of food every day, and unlike Larry the parrot at Foster's he's never bitten anyone.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-08-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Syntax correction.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #116
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Yay for Porkrind!

Oh yeah, and I just looked through all the chapters of Foster's Valley, and I gotta admit, I WANNA PLAY SIMS MORE THAN EVER!
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #117
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

The base game runs around $40.00 or so, as I recall. Best $40.00 I ever spent. Of course, I had to have all the expansions, stuff packs, and game guides, too; you don't want to know the total cost thus far. My accountant thinks I've lost my mind. He's probably right.

For those interested, the next Expansion Pack will be titled Bon Voyage, and it will allow Sims to take a vacation and get away from the daily grind of life for a few days. The vacation destinations include a camping trip, so at some point in the future there may be pics of Mr. Herriman annoying a bear.

Speaking of Mr. Herriman...

Foster's Valley: Genius At Work

Mr. Herriman continues work on his autobiography:

He finished the book about an hour later, titled it I Work For Carrots, and sold it for a rather nice sum. Note the gold star floating over his head; when that appears in the game, it means the Sim has reached level 10 in whatever skill he happens to be using at the time, and in Mr. Herriman's case the skill was Creativity. He was immensely pleased with himself about that, and with the fact that his book was selling very well, and at lunch he made sure that everybody knew about it:

Lunch was chili, courtesy of Frankie, who is approaching level 10 in Cooking skill. That's Sailor Mars sitting across from Frankie; she came home with Eduardo from school that day. He's taken quite a liking to her, which is kind of weird, as Eduardo is shy and very nice, while Sailor Mars is a major... well, she's not shy. Anyway, Mr. Herriman informed everyone that since he had conquered the literary world, he would now turn his attention to his easel and paints and produce a masterpiece on canvas as well. The general consensus at the table was, "Yeah, Mr. Herriman, whatever you say." Undaunted, while Eduardo and Sailor Mars played pool, Mr. Herriman set out to paint a masterpiece:

And, as the rest of the photos show, he succeeded:

The finished painting now hangs on the wall of the upstairs living room.

A special thanks to Kageri, who created the original classic, viewable elsewhere on the Forum and at DeviantART.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-02-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #118
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

Oh my god!

Mr. Herriman's got good taste in his art!

Last edited by Bloo2daMacs; 06-02-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #119
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Brought her home ey? Eduardo's a playa...

And El Oh El at the picture. Very... strange of Mr. Herriman to draw her in such a way. Mmm~!
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #120
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

WTF? Herriman's good at painting.