Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #111
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah. Some of the characters on the show really ARE stupid, let's not get them mixed up, ok?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #112
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

XD Yeah, that's definitely true. But I have to admit that a lot of them are actually likeable because of their stupidity, which is what makes them amusing and interesting.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #113
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Yeah. Some of the characters on the show really ARE stupid, let's not get them mixed up, ok?
Cheese, Bloo, Terrence (Hope that dosen't offend you, but you did say you liked how he's dumb )

I don't think she should boss Ed around he's as scared as it, let alone being bossed around by some girl who have his size. She can boss Frankie, Wilt, Mac, Herriman,Cheese,Coco (besides the fact that they're best friends) & anyone else around because they can take it (except Bloo who would fight back).

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #114
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Cheese, Bloo, Terrence (Hope that dosen't offend you, but you did say you liked how he's dumb )

I don't think she should boss Ed around he's as scared as it, let alone being bossed around by some girl who have his size. She can boss Frankie, Wilt, Mac, Herriman,Cheese,Coco (besides the fact that they're best friends) & anyone else around because they can take it (except Bloo who would fight back).

I dunno I disagree about Bloo being stupid. He's incredibly NAIVE, but since he's only five, can we fairly call him stupid? He needs to learn a lot of lessons and facts in general (like what reality is all about), but I don't like to think of him as stupid. Don't forget, he comes from the mind of a very complex kid and therefore I like to think of him as complex deep inside, especially as he matures. Bloo also directed an entire movie and finds ways to con people into getting what he wants, so clearly he can not be stupid....

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-08-2006 at 11:25 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #115
Emma
Foster's Legend

I find Bloo to be, well, a wee bit stupid. Not in the sense that he can't think up some fairly elaborate schemes or show some ingenuity, which he can. But, well, he has a sort of "Daffy Duck" stupidity, because he's smart in many ways, he just isn't able to learn from his mistakes. And, to me, that's a basic element of intelligence.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #116
Master Knight DH
Newly Abandoned

Default Good grief.

I wasn't trying to piss anybody off. Why do you have to jump on a freaking bandwagon?

Okay, so maybe I worded incorrectly. But Eduardo is still definitely far from the smartest person on the Foster's block--something that's clear in various episodes. I'm not trying to insult him, I'm pointing out about his less than stellar intelligence. And I don't hate characters for that. I was simply saying that Goo could have some issue with Eduardo's low intelligence, which now that I think about it would have been fed by pride in her adoption method (described by her as "super-super smooth and super-super fast" so a weak link wouldn't make her happy).

And in case you're wondering about an example of me being bugged by idiocy, I have a job correcting papers in a math class at a college. The math involved doesn't even hit the Algebra level, and yet I see some students make mistakes going against common sense. There was also a test yesterday, and when I corrected the papers for it, a good deal of students bombed on it. At least I (mostly) avoid venting about it--despite an already bad anger problem. Then again, with bigger fish to fry, it's a minor concern anyway. Well, at least it's better than using the threat of possible arrest on a charge of just friggin' loitering.

I hope this stops. Now I'm not even sure if I should have mentioned about idiocy. Smoking and teasing both get under my skin even more (definitely smoking) and I've been for about 6-7 years under an unhealthy love obsession toward somebody who not only would tease me but I would guess is a smoker as well.
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #117
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
I dunno I disagree about Bloo being stupid. He's incredibly NAIVE, but since he's only five, can we fairly call him stupid? He needs to learn a lot of lessons and facts in general (like what reality is all about), but I don't like to think of him as stupid. Don't forget, he comes from the mind of a very complex kid and therefore I like to think of him as complex deep inside, especially as he matures. Bloo also directed an entire movie and finds ways to con people into getting what he wants, so clearly he can not be stupid....
Yes, and he managed to outsmart Mac in "I Only Have Surprise for You," so I guess if you can outsmart an already smart person, that makes you pretty clever. Bloo's smartness is on a totally different level.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 11-08-2006 at 02:36 PM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #118
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
I agree with you to a point, but in general, I agree with what Emma said on the topic. He's quite obviously not stupid stupid, but he doesn't have any common sense or the ability to learn from his mistakes, which shows a form of stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Knight DH
Okay, so maybe I worded incorrectly. But Eduardo is still definitely far from the smartest person on the Foster's block--something that's clear in various episodes. I'm not trying to insult him, I'm pointing out about his less than stellar intelligence. And I don't hate characters for that. I was simply saying that Goo could have some issue with Eduardo's low intelligence, which now that I think about it would have been fed by pride in her adoption method (described by her as "super-super smooth and super-super fast" so a weak link wouldn't make her happy).
I apologize for jumping down your throat, but I still have to disagree with you on this subject. While Eduardo is far from the smartest person, I would say that he has average intelligence; he's merely limited in showing this by his paranoia and timidity, which comes up under almost every situation.

And if Goo does have an issue with Eduardo, it wouldn't be over stupidity due to the fact that, all appearances in "Infernal Slumber", stupidity does not appear to bother Goo. Her reaction to Cheese is that "he's stupid" (referring to the fact that she apparently believed her seance had succeeded and that Cheese was a spirit) and then says she's going to try again. Stupidity from others, therefore, doesn't seem to bother her but rolls off her; as far as I remember, she didn't have any real problem with Cheese in The Big Cheese (it hurts to even name that episode........). So the issue isn't stupidity, and we don't know (and probably never will know) what it is, which really bugs me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese
Yes, and he managed to outsmart Mac in "I Only Have Surprise for You," so I guess if you can outsmart an already smart person, that makes you pretty clever. Bloo's smartness is on a totally different level.
Exactly. Whereas Mac is smart, both bookwise and in common sense, Bloo is cunning and creative. After all, he was able to deliver his SOS message in The Sweet Stench of Success.

However, back on topic to Goo.....

You know, I've been thinking about something about all the people who've created IFs, and the general idea behind them seems to quite clearly be that the IF they create compliments something missing from them. Bloo possesses all the bad traits Mac doesn't have, Red possesses all the good traits Terrence apparently doesn't have, Herriman is a lawgiver and a stick-in-the-mud whereas Madam Foster is carefree, rowdy, and adventurous.

So how do Goo's IFs compliment her, if at all?

From what we can tell from "Go, Goo, Go!", she made all her IFs merely to avoid and counteract her loneliness due to the fact that she has no friends. My question is this: why doesn't she really have friends? Is it really because her personality would have put that many people off (which I kind of find hard to swallow, as I could imagine there could be people as immature as Goo at her age that she could've gotten along with), or does she herself not actively try to make friends? I almost get the feeling that Goo has abandonment issues, that she was possibly hurt/betrayed by a previous friend in some childish way (as children do), and, as we've seen, she herself can be a crybaby when her feelings are hurt. So I'm wondering if she basically decided not to try to make friends, yet couldn't stand being alone and thus resorted to creating IFs. I believe the fact that she even really tried to befriend Mac was due to the fact that she saw they had some kind of even ground to stand on, that being interest in/love of IFs, and that she became more comfortable around him when she saw that Bloo was Mac's friend.

I wish that this would be something they would maybe delve into, but I doubt they will and, despite my love of the character, I don't have high hopes for "Make Believe it or Not", though that may be due just to the fact that I'm naturally a cynic.

And again, I'm probably overanalyzing the situation/character.

Last edited by Nathander; 11-08-2006 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Quote command used incorrectly
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #119
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You may be overanalyzing, but it's nonetheless an excellent analysis. Excellent work!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #120
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I find Bloo to be, well, a wee bit stupid. Not in the sense that he can't think up some fairly elaborate schemes or show some ingenuity, which he can. But, well, he has a sort of "Daffy Duck" stupidity, because he's smart in many ways, he just isn't able to learn from his mistakes. And, to me, that's a basic element of intelligence.
Perhaps, but he DOES learn, albeit very slowly. I know a few people myself who have to have a certain situation happen SEVERAL times before they finally learn why it was a problem. I'm being vague on purpose because I don't want to go in detail about it.
But anyway, I still disagree about Bloo being stupid. He's very naive which may make him SEEM that way, but even a "wee bit" I don't agree with. LOL Great minds don't always think alike.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote