Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #111
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It's a good question. While I'm pretty sure Foster's is a charitable organization, the government doesn't give tax-exempt status to all charitable organizations. I have no idea whether Foster's meets their criteria or not.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #112
Xroc88
At Home

I wonder if fosters ever hired new employees or atleast tried too, looks like frankie needs some help. I know i would sign up lolz.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #113
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xroc88 View Post
I wonder if fosters ever hired new employees or atleast tried too, looks like frankie needs some help. I know i would sign up lolz.
I am surprised the local temp agency does not offer teenagers to work at Foster's for the holidays, or summer. I am sure Grandma, and Frankie are great to work for - Herriman would be a stickler though (as usual)
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #114
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Hiring a temp worker could make for an interesting episode. I'll bet anything that they'd name the ep "Temporary Insanity".

Old 11-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #115
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Hiring a temp worker could make for an interesting episode. I'll bet anything that they'd name the ep "Temporary Insanity".
That would be perfect for an episode name! Just don't hire Goofturd and his friends, otherwise Frankie might definitely take a trip to the "flight deck." (The loony bin)
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #116
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Funny you should mention that, I too was tinkering around with an idea along those lines.

Only in my version, it's a stock spoiled rich brat whom is forced to work at Foster's for community service, and of course their lack of work ethic puts them right on the top of everyone favorite red head's "you know what" list.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #117
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

You know that'd actually be a great idea, although my guess is the episode would end up having Frankie liking the temp's work so much (or enjoying her vacation too much) that she'd want to take a long ass break from Foster's.

We all know how much she loves the place, but I can remember PLENTY of cartoon shows where characters take a break and find out its much more enjoyable then they realized. Though no temp could truly take Frankie's place.

And I don't think Frankie would WANT someone else doing her job, what do you guys think?
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #118
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xroc88 View Post

Probably, and Mr. Harriman fired them all for not doing a good enough job.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #119
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
You know that'd actually be a great idea, although my guess is the episode would end up having Frankie liking the temp's work so much (or enjoying her vacation too much) that she'd want to take a long ass break from Foster's.

We all know how much she loves the place, but I can remember PLENTY of cartoon shows where characters take a break and find out its much more enjoyable then they realized. Though no temp could truly take Frankie's place.

And I don't think Frankie would WANT someone else doing her job, what do you guys think?
That's pretty much how it'd go for me. So many temps come in, Frankie decides to take a vacation, but the friends start to miss her badly, even though they feel she deserves a vacation. At some point, Frankie starts feeling lonely and realizes that she had so many friends at Foster's that she couldn't possibly stay on vacation any longer. So she comes back to discover the temps had pretty much been doing a terrible job, and she has them thrown out of the house and takes her job back. They could end it with the friends thanking her for her hard work.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #120
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

One idea I like is bringing in a temp not because Frankie needs a vacation (although she certainly deserves one) but because there's extra work that month. Who knows why; maybe there's storm damage to the house (or Bloo damage) that needs to be cleaned up, an extra hundred IF's to look after when Goo has a brain spasm, whatever the reason, the next month will be a rough one. Frankie demands that Mr. Herriman hire her an assistant "Or else", waives the broom in a threatening manor, and he gives in. They end up with someone doing community service but it's not an arrogant rich brat, no; it's Terrence, who was busted for selling bootleg Coco cards. Lots of comic possibilities there as the IF's know him and conspire to make his stay at Foster's a difficult one. Frankie supervises his work and makes sure that Terrence learns about how the IF's are happy but lonely, all wanting to be adopted, some still hurting over being abandoned by their creators, and eventually he breaks down and speaks to Frankie of his own lonliness and how he feels abandon by his father. Frankie's sympathetic side comes out and we learn about her own issues in that area. They don't exactly become friends but they do understand each other a little better, and Terrence, having found a little understanding, works harder and gets the job done. Frankie arranges for Terrence to see Red and the family who adopted him and they work out their differences. The episode ends with Terrence thanking Frankie for listening and putting up with him; she smiles, pats him on the shoulder, and says, "It's what I do." Lots of comedy early in the episode, moving to something a little more poignant later on, with much of the focus on Frankie. That's Foster's at it's best.