Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #1151
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

miracle on 34th street

i try to make it a tradition to see a christmas film immediatley after the parade. fun times.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #1152
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

No Country for Old Men
and
The Incredibles

No Country for Old Men is the newest from the Coen Brothers and it's definitely the best movie I've seen this year. It was just so well-crafted and features the best villain I've seen in a long time. Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin give the performance of their lifetimes, not to mention Javier Bardem as the quiet, relentless hitman, Anton Chigurh. Just, wow.

I saw The Incredibles on NBC tonight. What can I say about this movie that hasn't already been said. My favorite movie of all time.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #1153
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The Secret of NIMH

I had always heard bits and pieces of this film and managed to catch a few scenes from it. I thought it was one of those classic toon movies you had to grow up watching or you'd never like/love it as much as adults did.

Boy was I wrong. This was a great film, beautiful animation, classic yet lovable characters who worked out very well. Its dark and so well made, I was really impressed. My only beef is I felt that the ending and the villain's demise were a little rushed.

This film could have lasted to be a bit longer, other then that, this was a really great movie and I'm SO glad I picked this over watching "Monster House" on demand.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #1154
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Surf's Up

This movie started out fairly well, and had a pretty unique and interesting concept, but just couldn't sustain itself. As the story went on, it had a pretty hard time translating itself to the mockumentary format, to the point where in the latter half of the film it might as well not have been a mockumentary at all, just your typical sporting-themed family flick in which we're treated to all the same winning-and-losing morals we've already learnt a million times elsewhere (everywhere from "Cool Runnings" to "Cars"). Still, James Woods was pretty good as that unctuous sea otter.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #1155
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Enchanted

Man was I expecting a turd from this movie, I was totally WAY OFF! This movie was a wonderful movie. I expected a lot of cheesy jokes and stupidly obvious moral messages with animation and live mixed. Instead, I got a kick ass, well cast and acted story with enough depth and imagination in the writing.

This movie really wowed me, I never felt so inspired and honest to god: WARM over a film. The message and delivery of the theme of the movie played out so smoothly I couldn't believe Disney had made such a fantastic live movie. Disney mocks their own films so sharply and well, this was certainly no crap kid film.

The actors actually feel like cartoons characters brought to life, with every quirky line and facial expression duplicated right off the animation page. I personally found James Marsden as Prince Edward to be the most hilarious "Live toon" in the film, his peppy attitude in such a funky costume is a real treat to watch.

It's no where near the god awful likes of films like their "Shaggy dog" remake or nauseating films like "Bratz movie". This movie genuinely is smart, funny, and fresh, it suffers no watered down stupid physical/farting jokes for kids and it appeals to those looking for a real original film that can entertain kids and adults without feeling its too kiddish or dumbed down. It's a GREAT film.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-23-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #1156
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Enchanted

Man was I expecting a turd from this movie, I was totally WAY OFF! This movie was a wonderful movie. I expected a lot of cheesy jokes and stupidly obvious moral messages with animation and live mixed. Instead, I got a kick ass, well cast and acted story with enough depth and imagination in the writing.

This movie really wowed me, I never felt so inspired and honest to god: WARM over a film. The message and delivery of the theme of the movie played out so smoothly I couldn't believe Disney had made such a fantastic live movie. Disney mocks their own films so sharply and well, this was certainly no crap kid film.

The actors actually feel like cartoons characters brought to life, with every quirky line and facial expression duplicated right off the animation page. I personally found James Marsden as Prince Edward to be the most hilarious "Live toon" in the film, his peppy attitude in such a funky costume is a real treat to watch.

It's no where near the god awful likes of films like their "Shaggy dog" remake or nauseating films like "Bratz movie". This movie genuinely is smart, funny, and fresh, it suffers no watered down stupid physical/farting jokes for kids and it appeals to those looking for a real original film that can entertain kids and adults without feeling its too kiddish or dumbed down. It's a GREAT film.
I've been thinking about seeing this film. It looks funny. The one that sold it for me was in the trailer when Prince Edward got knocked over by the cyclists while he was singing! I was literally on the floor.

And don't worry: I knew that the Bratz movie was going to be a failure from the start!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #1157
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

elf

always a funny movie. i reccommend
Old 11-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #1158
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
I've been thinking about seeing this film. It looks funny. The one that sold it for me was in the trailer when Prince Edward got knocked over by the cyclists while he was singing! I was literally on the floor.

And don't worry: I knew that the Bratz movie was going to be a failure from the start!
My advice, GO SEE IT! Trust me, its well worth the price of admission if you ask me.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #1159
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
The Secret of NIMH

I had always heard bits and pieces of this film and managed to catch a few scenes from it. I thought it was one of those classic toon movies you had to grow up watching or you'd never like/love it as much as adults did.

Boy was I wrong. This was a great film, beautiful animation, classic yet lovable characters who worked out very well. Its dark and so well made, I was really impressed. My only beef is I felt that the ending and the villain's demise were a little rushed.

This film could have lasted to be a bit longer, other then that, this was a
really great movie and I'm SO glad I picked this over watching "Monster House" on demand.
Yay, Hooray! One of my favorite movies EVER when I was growing up! "Auntie Shrew, Auntie Shrew!" "A Sparkley! I always wanted a Sparkley of my very own!" Oh, and I have always loved that theme song. I figured it would be the perfect lullaby to sing to my baby, should I ever have one. Such a pretty song.

N-E-ways, the last movie I watched was The Muppet's Christmas Carrol
Charles Dickens' classic Christmas story has always been one of my favorites, add the silliness of the Muppets and whamo! A great movie! More nice music in it, too. The ending makes me want to get up and do the jig.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #1160
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Yay, Hooray! One of my favorite movies EVER when I was growing up! "Auntie Shrew, Auntie Shrew!" "A Sparkley! I always wanted a Sparkley of my very own!" Oh, and I have always loved that theme song. I figured it would be the perfect lullaby to sing to my baby, should I ever have one. Such a pretty song.
It really was a touching little dark movie, it was sweet and well written and animated. Probably the best Bluth film I've seen, that and Titan A.E. Like i said, I only was letdown the villain was dispatched so quickly and the ending felt a little abrupt. I wished they would have shown more.

Like Justin becoming the new rat leader or something. Mrs. Brisby was such an adorable character, so kind and polite. She's a fine example of a female lead that doesn't need to act like a female Rambo bad ass like the movie version of Tomb Raider to be a good character. Brisby worked out just fine the way she was.

I also got a little annoyed by Jeremy the crow played by Dom Deluise. I like Dom but this character just felt too much like his other roles, Tiger and Itchy. But unlike those two, Jeremy really didn't do anything in this movie. But these are minor things really, this movie really was an excellent animated film.

And the last movie i watched was Ben 10: race Against Time, I left a long ass review in the movie's thread if your curious on my thoughts on it.