Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #1111
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm going to suggest in no uncertain terms that everyone calm down immediately. This has the smell of the opening shots of a war and I won't have it. Kapish?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 03-07-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Emphasis added.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #1112
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

yeah, sorry. Let my blood pressure go back down first.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #1113
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

You see what I mean about this thread becoming a lot more aggressive in recent months? All-out rage fests (which I'm fairly certain this thread didn't used to be) are never pretty.

On that note, I guess this will be my last contribution to this particular thread, perhaps not forever, but I certainly need to take a break from it for a while. Maybe I'm the one at fault for being too sensitive, but I'm honestly finding this thread to be increasingly unpleasant to read, and it's getting to the point where it's starting to kill my enjoyment of Never Forgotten as a whole. In which case, I think it's for the best that I don't touch it for a bit. I'll see you guys round in the other threads.

As you were, I guess.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-08-2008 at 12:16 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #1114
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Exclamation Warning

You're not being too sensitive, and you're right, this thread has become increasingly unpleasant lately. There's been too much jingoistic flag-waving, too much on the subject of belief systems, and way too much testosterone-pumping and chest-pounding. I've gotten complaints of feeling intimidated from other members and I expect I'll be hearing more. I don't like what's going on here; I wish I'd said something earlier. I didn't because I recognize that people need to blow off some steam now and then about things that aggravate them and I prefer to cut people a little slack when possible, but this has gotten out of hand, and it stops right now. The rules prohibit discussions about politics and religion/beliefs for a reason, and over the past several weeks we've seen why. So y'all may consider this as a general warning to knock it off, and I mean it. I don't like to get heavy-handed but I will if I have to. So please, guys, step back, calm down, and complain about less controversial topics, okay?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #1115
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Losing Data on a RPG Before I can Save:

Recently, I've been playing "Dragon Warrior I & II" on an old Game Boy Color, just for kicks and the memories. If anyone played these games (or, well, any of the Dragon Warrior/Quest games), you know that it's pretty much preferable to kill enough monsters to get the best equipment in the area before moving on. That being said, I was attempting to get the Iron Shield, second best shield in the game, which is 800 gold. First time I succeed, I end up tapping the cartridge to hard against the mantle while playing; game fizzles out and I have to restart. Second time I succeed, I get to buy it and head to the king in order to save my game. On the way there, the cartridge just fizzles out for NO reason, other than it was old.

Third time was ultimately the charm, but yeesh.....

The Drivers in My State:

Yeah, buddy, thanks for taking a left turn without a turn single from the middle lane. I love that %&*#.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #1116
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post

The Drivers in My State:

Yeah, buddy, thanks for taking a left turn without a turn single from the middle lane. I love that %&*#.
i get cut off by people turning left through a red light every day. Its not fun. I keep a mental list of who it is.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #1117
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

What ticks me off is people who think that my family-friendly fanforum dedicated to a CHILDREN'S CARTOON is the right place to post ugly political rants. Thread locked. Don't start a new one, it may get unlocked later. I'm just too tired, hungry, and kinda crappy-feeling in general to deal with it now. I seriously almost shut down the forum for a week, then almost shut down the whole Off Topic section, then almost changed the "will be heavily moderated" part of the Way Off Topic board to "will NOT be tolerated" but that's too restricting to people who can actually behave themselves; I changed my mind on all of these...for now. Nobody email or PM me about the topics discussed on this thread, I'm tired of it and frankly most of it goes over my head anyways.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #1118
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm back after having some chocolate cake (and coffee out of my favorite Popeye mug), and I'm unlocking this thread now. I don't want any more really heated rants at ALL. Go someplace else to do that, it's really not all that hard. Y'all are free to go start your own forum(s) too if that would be more suitable. And let's keep further discussion about said rants out of this thread too (such as apologies etc, do that in private or at least elsewhere). This is a good thread for people to let off steam and make valid points about things in their lives that bother them, but there are just some topics and attitudes that don't belong on this forum, ever. Like it or not, we're not a free for all, we do need to exorcise some censorship in order to keep things running smoothly, and to keep our community from looking like crop.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #1119
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Today I spilled my coffee all over my car. It was on the outside, but... MY PRECIOUS WAKE-UP JUICE! I really needed it this morning, too. There was still a little bit left in the cup (a few sips), but the cup itself was so messed-up that I had to go ahead and dump it, anyway. I had other stuff to bring in, and didn't have handspace for a coffee-covered cup.

I mourn that coffee.

...And yes, I washed the stuff off my car.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #1120
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

try caffeine pills instead. I keep 100mg pills and a waterbottle next to my bed. Take one when you wake up, by the time you're out the door it kicks in.

100mg is about whats in a cup of coffee, and if you are a cream-and-sugar kind of guy the pills are a bonus because they've got no calories, just like black coffee.