Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #101
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

I don't find Goofball all THAT bad, in the end, didn't he act appreciative of Frankie by calling her "all right"? (Which for him was meaningful.) And to top it off, gave her a clown nose? (Also his meaningful way of saying he likes someone.)

Hey I used to HATE Bloo because of the way he could be so mean and selfish sometimes, until I began to understand him better. After that, I not only began to like Bloo better, but now I just plain out love him.

Since we've only seen Goofball in one ep. and we don't really know all there is to know about him, maybe he should be given a little benefit of the doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I love Frankie too and I think she deserves a real handsome guy who treats her like a queen, and has all the IFs think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but we all know that real life doesn't always give appreciation to those who work hard.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-17-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #102
Voxxyn
Banned

You're right that real life isn't perfect... but isn't Foster's a children's cartoon? Isn't it supposed to provide an ESCAPE from the harsh realities of life? I'm not saying that everything should be 100% perfect, but at the same time, the writers go WAY TOO FAR with the not-so-happy episodes.

This is why Mrs. Faust's defense on the ToonZone forums only hurt me even more. She harped on the importance of not making everything 100% happy--when the episode in question basically made Frankie's life 100% miserable. The latter is as much of an unhealthy extreme as the former.

Frankie is already underappreciated and sympathetic as it is, and the show has had it's share of gags and jokes at her expense. These are usually funny and even hilarious, since they're done for humor. But that episode was simply hurtful.

I WILL say this though: I'm not completely against the return of Goofball and his family. In fact, if they were to make an unexpected cameo appearance in a future episode, in a way continuing how Frankie and Goofball seemed to be on good terms at the very end(One of the episode's few positives), it would actually make me feel quite a bit better.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #103
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
You're right that real life isn't perfect... but isn't Foster's a children's cartoon? Isn't it supposed to provide an ESCAPE from the harsh realities of life? I'm not saying that everything should be 100% perfect, but at the same time, the writers go WAY TOO FAR with the not-so-happy episodes.

This is why Mrs. Faust's defense on the ToonZone forums only hurt me even more. She harped on the importance of not making everything 100% happy--when the episode in question basically made Frankie's life 100% miserable. The latter is as much of an unhealthy extreme as the former.

Frankie is already underappreciated and sympathetic as it is, and the show has had it's share of gags and jokes at her expense. These are usually funny and even hilarious, since they're done for humor. But that episode was simply hurtful.

I WILL say this though: I'm not completely against the return of Goofball and his family. In fact, if they were to make an unexpected cameo appearance in a future episode, in a way continuing how Frankie and Goofball seemed to be on good terms at the very end(One of the episode's few positives), it would actually make me feel quite a bit better.
Well, it IS a cartoon, but if we didn't have some things a little on the sad or unhappy side, we couldn't have Wilt without an arm or eye, which is a sad/tragic thing in itself.
And then we'd expect that GWH would have some lame "fairytale" reason for Wilt's injuries, and then I'd lose all respect for the show.
So that being said, I kind of support Lauren's views.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
Old 11-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #104
Voxxyn
Banned

Again, I did NOT say I want the show to be 100% happy. Certain aspects about Wilt's character(like you mentioned) further add to his highly sympathetic nature, and are meant to appeal strictly to the hardcore fans while going over the heads of most children and casual fans. And "Good Wilt Hunting" is basically guaranteed to have some kind of happy ending(which doesn't necessarily have to be a perfect fairytale one), as payoff for his years of suffering and getting taken advantage of.

The Wilt example is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what happened to Frankie in IHFUMEUP. Lauren is right about conflict, I'm not doubting that. But she cited the importance of not making everything happy and perfect all the time, in defense on an episode that did the exact opposite towards Frankie. That's why I felt hurt by her response.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 11-17-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #105
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I HATE Goofball! I'd hate him even if he'd basically totured Frankie. He wasn'tfunny & his episode sucked butt.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #106
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Goofball was a hard character to put up with as a Frankie fan. I'm not a fanboy (at least I try not to be) and I enjoyed the episode despit the very hard time Frankie had. I think most people read a little to hard into the episode and forget that it was all meant in the name of fun.
Yes. Frankie had the worst day imaginable but I couldant stop laughing when I saw the look on her face when the others came from the concert that she missed. I was also rolling on the floor when Frankie pulled off Goofball's nose and froze for a good ten seconds in shock. I don't find this episode funny because Frankie has a hard time, I really feel for her. I laugh, and enjoy it, because I can relate. We all have had very bad days where absolutly EVERYTHING goes wrong. And we all have had a Goofball in our lives too.
I'm sure that was what the writers intended and not merely give Frankie a hard day out of spite. It may seem like they have, but I'm sure that isant the truthe. This episode was bown to happen simply because of Frankies job and personality. If anything, it makes us feel for Frankie even more because we see how hard her job can be when an extreme case (Goofball) happens.
Look on the bright side: I'm sure Lauren can see the negativety fans have around this episode and give use another wonderful Frankie episode on the scale of "Frankie My Dear".
P.S- Vox, I don't think you should feel like Laren hurt you (at least, not too much) because I don't think that was the intention she had for us Frankie fans. I think this episode was just a good intention that went sour at the worst. Kind of like makeing a snowman and the torso makes a get away and becomes a giant snow-boulder of chaos.

Last edited by Medikor; 11-18-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #107
Voxxyn
Banned

Those two moments you enjoyed so much(her reaction at both the others coming back and upon learning that Goofball is indeed an IF) were among the most HURTFUL to me, and were actually the ones that convinced me in the first place(rightly or wrongly, but that's how I honestly FELT) that the episode was an attack on Frankie. In fact, just seeing them mentioned has only worsened my mood. And seeing her suffer and cruelly denied from beginning-to-end is "in the name of fun"?

It made us feel for Frankie alright. But there was NO real payoff at the end for Frankie whatsover in the episode--or the entire series afterwards, actually. "Setting A President" came the closest, but it was ultimately a hollow victory as she ended up giving back the Presidential job. I am trying to keep an open mind about future Frankie episodes... but just the fact that they allowed "Imposter's" to exist in the first place has cast a pessimistic and hopeless cloud in my feelings.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #108
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Those two moments you enjoyed so much(her reaction at both the others coming back and upon learning that Goofball is indeed an IF) were among the most HURTFUL to me.
You and me both, pal. But the very worst moment of all was when she found out she wasn't going to see the concert at all. I cried, I openly admit it. It hurt so much to see her in such misery, and it hurt even more because there wasn't a dang thing I could do about it, no way to help her, no way to comfort her. Nothing on TV has ever affected me as deeply as that sad moment.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-18-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #109
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
You and me both, pal. But the very worst moment of all was when she found out she wasn't going to see the concert at all. I cried, I openly admit it. It hurt so much to see her in such misery, and it hurt even more because there wasn't a dang thing I could do about it, no way to help her, no way to comfort her. Nothing on TV has ever affected me as deeply as that sad moment.
I'll admit it, both me and Greeny made audible noises of disbelief at that moment.

Isn't that what great art does though, provoke an emotional response?
Cartoons are as much great art as Turner or Dali, cave paintings are cartoons I always thought. A window into someones soul that opens one up to ours in the way we respond.

Aw....Snicket
Old 11-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #110
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That is very true. I just wish it had been a different window.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-28-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Removed old typo.
Closed Thread