Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #101
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Unless it is greatly pulled off, without the changes or anything...
True. But copyrights/infringments would be the main concern. lol
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #102
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Nor do I, which is why I specified the visual aspect. I don't even want to think about how they'd change the characters personalities and backgrounds.
Me neither. They should just leave it the way it is and not even try to produce any spin-offs of any kind. True it may be worth watching, but I still would just prefer they not even go there.

And, ya know what? I'm okay with this. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want Fosters to end anymore than anyone else here, but I would much rather have it end now while it's still original and entertaining than be dragged on for 10 more seasons using the same recycled jokes and ideas over and over again. Heck, just look at Family Guy and South Park. That's the last thing I'd ever want to happen to Fosters. So, if the writers want to end the show at six seasons, then I'm all for it.

And besides, you have to remember that just because the series may be ending soon doesn't mean that the show is going to disappear. CN will probably show reruns at least for a while after the last ep. and we'll still be able to enjoy it through DVDs, iTunes, and Sparky's download page throughout time immemorial. As long as there are fans, the show will live on.

I just hope that the finale doesn't conclude everything about the show. Some things I want answered and other things I don't.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.

Last edited by CrazyPhil; 04-13-2008 at 11:06 PM.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #103
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

A spin-off could work in the sense of being in the same universe but still, for the most part, unrelated. An example could be that Foster's was able to expand and, thus, we watch the exploits of a new home for imaginary friends.
Maybe instead of Mac, we have a little girl who could find herself in a similar situation with her own imaginary friend (or lack thereof). Familiar faces could show up once in a while too, like Frankie and Mr. Harriman showing up to make sure that everything in this new home is alright and running smoothly. Anything is possible really.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #104
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
Well, I got an e-mail from Candi Milo today (4/11) about the episode last night ("Mondo Coco" on 4/10) and she tells us that the last recording session for the final episode is Monday (4/14). She's all sad about it too, as is everyone else.
Aww... It's almost over now... I still have my hopes for a darned good ending (and I have total confidence in the crew to pull this off!).

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #105
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Wow, haven't posted here in a LONG time...

Anyway, this news really doesn't come as a shock to me. It's gonna be sad to see Foster's go since it, in my opinion, is one of CN's best shows on air currently, but if it's what has to be done, then I won't complain. After all, we wouldn't want it to become another "SpongeBob" and have the plotline and characters ruined because the writers ran dry on ideas (sorry, Spongefans...I'm even a fan of this show myself, but I really have to admit that it hasn't been the same since season 3). I can understand if they're having trouble thinking up concepts that aren't repetitive. BUT at least this show still has originality and creativity even at this point, so I have to hand it to the crew-they've done a really good job over the years with Foster's. It'll definitely be missed once its gone.

As for Medikor's idea I'd say that that COULD be possible, actually. After all, we have that second Ben 10 series, so you never know...I would only be ok with a spin-off or anything like that if it was done right, though, so honestly, I'm not really dead-set on having a spin-off, but I don't despise the idea, either.

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 04-24-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #106
Foster's Geek 287
Settling In
Khones Pwns  

I'm sorry, guys, I've only read pages 1-10 of this topic, but I have to say,
I'm sad and sorry, but then again also happy.

Think about it: The show has had 4 years... Well, 5 years probably by the time it ends, and that's a long time. Also, realize that the limit is actually 52, and Foster's exceeded that by 26, which is very respectable.

I'd rather it end now than it jump the shark. We've explored so many new worlds. The "re-used" ideas ("The Little Peas" for example) were just as fresh as they started. The show started with a TV movie, ended with a TV movie, and with one in the middle.

I just hope the rest of the seasons are released on DVD. When they do, the action will never die down.

So thanks, Craig and Lauren, for bringing to life a whole new world. Here's to Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #107
Digifreak642
Newly Abandoned
The freak is back!  

It is sad that this great series is ending, but Craig, Lauren, and everyone else have done a wonderful job. I can't wait until the rest of the episodes, but I sure wish would make another appearance... That doesn't seem like it will happen, though.

But it will always be with us in our hearts...

Digifreak642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #108
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You never know. I'd like to see the big lug again, too. Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #109
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Um, at this point I'm not sure we're even going to see Terrence again, not even in the movie. :/
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #110
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

There are many characters that we haven't seen in a while that I want to see again before the show ends. However, at this point, I'm not going to expect anything except for a great way to end the series. That's really all I'd ask for.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote