Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #101
♥ Berry ♥
Newly Abandoned

Nice! Can you make ?

I know who the blue boy is, but who's the blue GIRL?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #102
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

My thanks to all who commented. Always nice to know that one's work is appreciated.

Foster's Valley: Sunday Afternoon, Part One

Here's a scene I'll bet we never see in the show:

Mr. Herriman in the backyard, playing fetch with Woof. Who'd've thought it possible? After what happened in Who Let The Dogs In? you'd think he'd rather spend time having tea with Duchess, but apparently Woof won him over. It's not too surprising, really; Woof is a very friendly, eager-to-please dog who loves spending time with people. He is also a very messy animal that rolls around in whatever filth he can find, fouls every room he enters, and hides at the merest mention of the word "bath". Fine for Mr. Herriman, who enjoys cleaning; for the lady who does most of the housework, not so good.

Coco and Wilt in the living room:

Here Wilt is telling Coco a dirty joke of some sort. Not exactly in character for him, but then again the game can only replicate their personalities to a certain extent. Coco enjoyed it, by the way. The two of them get along surprisingly well, considering how little they seem to have in common. They certainly get along better than Eduardo and Bendy:

I'm not exactly sure what happened here. Within the game system, it's a failed social interaction; I'm taking it to mean that Eduardo reminded Bendy that important company was dropping by that evening so he ought to pitch in and make the house look respectable, and Bendy responded with an obscene gesture and said "Respect this, dorkface!", or something equally rude. They parted in a huff, Eduardo going upstairs to call some girl with blue hair he's very fond of, while Bendy went outside and did something with the bushes that he'd seen Woof do. In the meantime, Madam Foster read Little Red Riding Hood to Berry:

At this point in the story, Berry turned to Mr. Herriman and said, "I don't think wolves really eat children, otherwise Bendy'd be in real trouble right now!" Confused, Mr. Herriman looked out the back window, and this is what he saw:

Yep, that's a wolf, staring at Bendy as he splashes in a puddle of his own making. The wolf circled around, astonished by this behaviour, and was soon joined by a second wolf:

Both wolves looked at each other, and you could almost hear them saying, "What's wrong with this kid?" They shook their heads and wandered around to the front yard. According to the game book, wolves are filthy beasts, and naturally Mr. Herriman won't stand for them being on the property, particularly not on a day when important company is dropping by later, so he confronts them:

And he manages to find a new form of life to irritate. Berry finds all this excitement to be tiring, so she opts for an afternoon nap:

And this is where I have to pause, because vBulletin limits the number of images and the amount of text that I can put in one post. More to come shortly...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-21-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #103
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Oh, how much more disturbing that image would have been if you had the yellow pee puddle hack I use...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #104
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

The wolves are cooliosis!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #105
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

I loved the timing of your captions, especially with Bendy and the wolves. You're right, you can almost hear them muttering about this weird kid to each other.

Great work as usual, Cassini.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #106
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Oh, how much more disturbing that image would have been if you had the yellow pee puddle hack I use...
Believe me, there are far worse things in the Valley than Bendy's puddle. Once I work out all the details (sometime next year at the rate I'm going), you'll be getting a PM titled, "Uh, can I do this?"

Foster's Valley: Sunday Afternoon, Part Two

As some of you know, the new Seasons Expansion Pack has caused me no end of headaches. Fortunately, it now seems to be running fine. My Sims, however, are probably wishing I'd get rid of it, as it now rains in the Valley quite frequently, as Frankie finds out as she looks out the window:

Not just rain really; it's a thunderstorm, and it's the worst I've seen since installing Seasons. I got Bendy and Mr. Herriman back in the house the moment it started; I've seen what lightning can do to a Sim, and it isn't pretty. Storm or no storm, however, a very important guest is arriving momentarily, so Frankie has to get dinner ready, and tonight it's going to be a turkey:

The important guest is a man known as the Headmaster. If they can impress him enough, Wilt, Bendy, and all the other IF's in the house can put the horrors of the public school system behind them and go to private school... where they'll face the same dang horrors, actually, but they'll get spiffy uniforms to wear. Impressing the Headmaster involves three things, all equally important:

He must be well fed.
He must be given a tour of the house.
He must be schmoozed.

Frankie is handling the first part. So far, so good:

I'll bet that smells pretty good. When late autumn hits the Valley, maybe I'll try to dream up a Thanksgiving story. In the meantime, the concern I have is with the schmoozing part. As you know, Mr. Herriman has a habit of fracking off everyone he meets, and he's the one doing the schmoozing. If he annoys the Headmaster, then the entire scenario will depend on Frankie's cooking skill and the cleanliness of the house. It is very difficult to win the Headmaster Scenario without points in all three. At that point the turkey was done:

I knew she could do it. In the background you can see Mr. Herriman schmoozing the Headmaster, trying desperately to make a good impression for a change. At this point, and I wish I had pics or a video of it, a bolt of lightning slammed into one of the trees in the backyard, setting it on fire. Madam Foster was out of bed in an instant, on the phone and calling the fire department, but fortunately the rain was hard enough to extinguish the blaze without them needing to come by. It was a very bad storm, the worst I've seen since installing Seasons, and it picked the worst lot and worst possible time to occur. I don't have pics because I was distracted by another event entirely; by the stars, it was a busy night at the house. Anyway, dinner was served:

The Headmaster is the gentleman sitting across from Wilt. Dinner was the final event of the evening. Frankie and Mr. Herriman have to score at least 90 points total to win the Headmaster Scenario. They've done everything they can to get a better education for the Imaginary Friends. Did they succeed? Was the Headmaster sufficiently impressed with the house, with Frankie's cooking, with Mr. Herriman's schmoozing?

They got the highest scores I've ever seen in all three areas. Frankie looks pretty happy as she cleans up:

As well she should, for tonight all her cooking and cleaning have secured the future for the people she takes care of. And in playing the Headmaster Scenario, Mr. Herriman finally found someone who genuinely likes him, in the form of the cranky old Headmaster of the Foster's Valley Private school. Looks like a win for everybody to me.

"There, you see, Miss Francis? We can work together when we need to."
"Your fly's undone."

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-23-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #107
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Many congratulations to the new private school bound imaginaries. Don't fall into the wrong crowds now!

And much sniggering at the last comment.

But I must say I like the red aligator-like skin skirt Frankie has on. Fetching!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #108
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I rather liked that outfit, too. The Sims can't tell the difference between that and a barrel, but for the story I thought something a little fancier than her usual classic outfit would be appropriate. There's more stuff from her closet in the Frankie thread, too, in case you haven't seen it yet.

Congratulations on the promotion and Happy Birthday, by the way.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #109
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm glad you got Seasons working. I can't extoll the virtues of a well-placed lightning rod on the roof enough, by the way. Also you should put a smoke alarm on the *outside* of the house, it doesn't matter where, to catch those fires that the rain doesn't extinguish.

I've never done the private school thing. Since my Sims don't age, it isn't that vital. But I may try it with Dib and Gaz, Professor Membrane is a great chef.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #110
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Congratulations on the promotion and Happy Birthday, by the way.
Aw, thank you Cass. That means a lot.