Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #1071
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

my ps2. and probably my memory card as well. because now i cant seem to play guitar hero 3. which isnt something i wanted to hear after failing miserably in god of war. >:[
Old 03-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #1072
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
It reminds me of that time when that SOB Geraldo Rivera, reporting from Iraq, more or less said, "Okay, world, this is where our troops are, and this is the plan..." Someone should have shot him on the spot.

Someone should, but I don't think we can execute people for treason anymore. Despite what the Patriot Act may or may not say (and it is a little disturbing), we can't even mistreat prisoners in secret.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #1073
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Someone should, but I don't think we can execute people for treason anymore. Despite what the Patriot Act may or may not say (and it is a little disturbing), we can't even mistreat prisoners in secret.
I think execution and torture should still be viable options. Thats what ticks me off. Our soldiers get shot at, blown up, dragged through streets, tortured, and we have to send those #@$%&*% to some cushy prison if we capture them? And people complain that they havent recieved a fair trial yet! GOOD! KILL THEM! i hate political correctness, oh how i hate it.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 AM   #1074
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Ugh...I think this current discussion is in danger of getting seriously ugly. I'd like to side-step it, if I may.

Windows Movie Maker is what's ticking me off right now. It's gotten into this frustrating little rutt wherein, whenever I try to open up a saved project, 19 out of 20 times (if that) it just announces that it's encountered an error and has to close, whilst giving me the option of sending one of those useless error report things or not (useless because it's not as though anyone actually responds to them).

Also high on my personal hitlist are kids who somehow think it's cool or clever to wander around public places pretending to have tourette's syndrome - shouting random curse words in that automated tone of voice, and the like. They're not fooling anyone; moreover, they're merely displaying their immense ignorance as to what tourette's syndrome actually is and how it works.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-02-2008 at 05:35 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #1075
CagedWings67
Newly Abandoned

Location: In a very cozy box with high-speed internet connections.
Send a message via AIM to CagedWings67

Augh, I have only one thing that is ticking me off right now. MY COMPUTER. A while ago, I was having big problems with it, mostly because way too much stuff was downloaded on it. I couldn't get to my e-mail, I couldn't open up Netscape or Internet Explorer. It was bad. My father uninstalled everything and re-installed everything. Then I came to the horrific realization that on Microsoft Word, all of my important school papers and reports were gone. Now I have to spend as much time as I can on the computer typing up all of my papers again. Right now I'm furious. I have to re-type my 5,000 word Science Fair report. Woopee.

And jekylljuice, I know how you feel about the 'tourettes' thing. I have seen many people (mostly kids) screaming out random curse words on the street. That really ticks me off as well, since I have three friends who have tourette syndrome. If someone actually was screaming random curse words on the street, I'd be able to figure out if they HAVE tourettes. I have never seen or heard of someone who has that kind of tick, though.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #1076
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Me too, I have a friend with Tourette's and the swearing tick is massively rare. It's a terrible stereotype but people are fascinated and amused with the idea that someone might have a tick like that so the entire condition is constantly misrepresented and made light of.

And Windows Movie Maker always does that on this computer, but not on my other one, so I have to do all my projects on that one. Oh well.

I have a new one, people who Type Like This All The Time. I mean people who speak/type perfect English, But For Some Reason Think This Is The Proper Way To Type. It actually annoys me more than PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALLCAPS ALL THE TIME. What's up with capitallising only the first letter of every single word? That's only for titles. Why do people do that? It's a mystery.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #1077
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It's irritating is what it is. Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #1078
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I always wonder if they type like that for school.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #1079
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
And Windows Movie Maker always does that on this computer, but not on my other one, so I have to do all my projects on that one. Oh well.
I'm thinking now that it may be a problem with my RAM, since Windows Movie Maker isn't the only thing that's being affected. I'm currently embarking upon a massive clean-out to get rid of as many excess or unwanted films and programmes as I can, but if that doesn't make a difference, looks like I might have to be prepared to shell out a little for some additional memory.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #1080
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

People Who Don't Understand They Have Lesser Opinions:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, understand that I agree completely with that. However, not everyone's opinion is equal; some are more valid and, thus, worth more than others. Not all opinions are equal in their validity.

My Co-Workers and Customers:

I have a hard time putting up with my co-workers and the people who shop at my store. The majority of them seem to be genuinely unable to use any form of logic in doing anything, and, that being the case, I have a hard time bringing myself to help them and do so only because it's required by my job.

Fans Who Feel Show Writers/Creators Owe Them:

"What are you talking about? They've provided you with countless hours of free entertainment. If anything, YOU owe THEM!" - Bart Simpson

That's pretty much how I feel on the matter. Personally, I believe that fans should have NO say on how a series progresses or how it works, as they can only make things worse. The fans are free to have opinions, but in no way should the creators or writers of a series feel indebted to their fans.

Last edited by Nathander; 03-03-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote