Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #1041
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Emotions:

I find emotions, from a scientific perspective, to be fairly meaningless except for the fact that they reaffirm certain concepts that are already buried in human's subconscious (such as "this feels good, I should continue to do this" or "this feels bad, I shouldn't continue to do this"). Except in the cases where listening to emotions simply keeps you alive, I see them more as distractions and hindrances to leading a scientific, logically-lead life, which bothers me. The main reason to listen to emotions, from what I can tell, is to live happily, which isn't the point, nor a necessity for, life. It's not necessarily a problem for people to live in this way, but it's a way of life that has no appeal to me.

Valentines Day:

A holiday based around the conceptual idea of true love, which is quite possibly one of the most destructive, hurtful, and in my opinion, evil, concepts in existance, merely for the sake of card companies like Hallmark being able to make money off of it. Utterly repulsive, in my opinion, terrible concept. The only reason February 14th has any meaning to me is because it's my mom's birthday.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #1042
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
No kidding, PM! Why not just state in her profile, "I'm a dorky rebellious teenager who really has no clue, so I try to be cool and make people like me by being trendy. I'm also a raging HYPOCRITE, by the way, since I say I hate "haters", yet I'm obviously one myself! Isn't that neat-o?" I'm surprised she didn't just add "all grown-ups" to that list of "dislikes", and you can bet that she thinks anyone over 20 is an idiot and is very confident that all the knowledge in the entire universe is hers! Scary thing is, if she doesn't wind up doing something entirely stupid and hurting a lot of other people as you suggested, she'll probably grow up to be a successful politician, since that's something that ticks ME off-people who hang onto that "I hate(insert nouns and adjectives of your choice here)" mentality that they cultivate at this age, and then try to force it on everyone else when they find themselves in positions of power.

pitbulllady
Its like shes trying to be a lame version of Marlon Brando.

"What're you rebelling against, Johnny?"
"Whaddya got?"

I hate the type of people who declare themselves to be so bada$$ but wont put their money where their mouth is. If you wont throw a punch then dont take a stand, because the other team isn't going to hit you first and get slapped with an assault charge. Cowards way out. At least have the common decency to make it Self Defense on the part of the other guy.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #1043
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Its like shes trying to be a lame version of Marlon Brando.

"What're you rebelling against, Johnny?"
"Whaddya got?"

I hate the type of people who declare themselves to be so bada$$ but wont put their money where their mouth is. If you wont throw a punch then dont take a stand, because the other team isn't going to hit you first and get slapped with an assault charge. Cowards way out. At least have the common decency to make it Self Defense on the part of the other guy.
Well said, Partymember and pitbulllady. That's pretty much the way I feel about it in regards to her. At the same time on that matter, it disturbs me to see people apparently feel ANY culture is objectively superior to another culture, especially when that culture is a culture different from your own and you find yourself unable to take pride in your own culture.

Now, I'm not the most patriotic fellow in the world, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel SOMETHING for this country (whether that's objectively good or bad, I'm uncertain). I love the cultures of other countries, but I enjoy the culture I was raised with the most, and I suppose it just irks me to see someone not only proclaim one culture to be objectively greater than another, but to forsake their own given culture in favor of another. I don't think there's a problem with some dissent against your own culture, but to say you hate it....I feel like there's something wrong there.

And bravo on your statement about making a stand, Partymember.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #1044
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
And bravo on your statement about making a stand, Partymember.
You dont get stuck in a senior gym class in 7th grade and not learn a thing or two about getting beat up
Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #1045
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

anyone ever play a game where you spend forever leveling up and doing tasks to further the game along, and then die when you are getting close to a place where you can rest and save?

the feeling sucks.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #1046
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Red face

Quote:
However, I will argue that Japan is roughly as insane as California.

For example, can YOU tell me which character in this picture is male and which is female?
But California is REALLY INSANE! Sorry if I replied too late, but, There are idiots everywhere. That's what I say.

Early bedtimes tick me off.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 02-23-2008 at 09:13 AM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #1047
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
I hate the type of people who declare themselves to be so bada$$ but wont put their money where their mouth is.
Agreed... Man, it's so easy to find about 100+ of these online without even trying. My pet peeve? Teen girls exactly like this who literally, word for word, say "Don't make me mad or I will be your worst nightmare! That's a promise!"

My worst nightmare is being covered head to toe in vomit, not some internet 15-year-old with too much makeup and a superiority complex.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #1048
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
But California is REALLY INSANE! Sorry if I replied too late, but, There are idiots everywhere. That's what I say.

Early bedtimes tick me off.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...icebridget.png

The cyborg is female. The kid is male.

NOW tell me that Japan and California aren't similar in insanity!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #1049
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Agreed... Man, it's so easy to find about 100+ of these online without even trying. My pet peeve? Teen girls exactly like this who literally, word for word, say "Don't make me mad or I will be your worst nightmare! That's a promise!"

My worst nightmare is being covered head to toe in vomit, not some internet 15-year-old with too much makeup and a superiority complex.

While we're on the topic of 15-year-old girls on the internet, who have too much make-up and a superiority complex(which is usually a thin cover for an INFERIORITY complex), that reminds me of one of MY pet peeves-overzealous, extremely possessive teen fangirls! I bet Antgirl and Vampyre will know one of whom I refer right now, who is so insane over a particular male character-Wilt-that if anyone posts artwork or fanfiction on DA featuring him with a female character, either from the show or an OC, she will often spam their site with profanity-laden threats, simply because the female character isn't HER. She has threatened to kill DA members, and has threatened to kill people on her web journal, too, simply because they expressed finding Wilt attractive. She's got a little "clique" of friends who support her and are apparently her classmates, who join her in her attacks against other users on DA or other sites. She's like a real-life human version of Berry, just nowhere near as smart or resourceful! She's actually only 13, though.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #1050
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
My worst nightmare is being covered head to toe in vomit
i dont even want to know