Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #1031
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
Bleahhh... my neighboring apartment ALWAYS throws parties (on WEEKDAYS mind everyone) with LOUD crappy music that keeps me up. There are always people smoking cigarretes and laughing loudly by my window, keeping me awake!! I figure there is nothing I can do, either, because they live directly next to the apartment manager and she hasn't said anything to them, so why should I go to her and complain whenever she isn't even bothered by them? Like anything's going to get done about it

It's ok though... every time we find something nasty in the fridge, we throw it on their door/doorstep *evil grin*

They know the wrath of month-old Egg Beaters and sweet & sour sauce running down their door
I share your pain. I've got two sets of noisey neighbors; the boozers I mentioned in my last post and the (deleted) who live above me. The former don't bother me much; they get drunk, they yell, scream, and argue, mostly about who's cheating on who and money matters. The ones above me are the ones that play their music too loud; I've had the police out here repeatedly to quiet them down. Management doesn't care what goes on in this hole, as long as the rent is paid. I'd like to throw them down an elevator shaft and relieve myself on them from a few floors up while they lie there at the bottom.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #1032
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I don't know, that sounds just a bit too negative to me. Everybody makes mistakes in life (you say that you don't believe in mistakes, but if you're like any other human being, then chances are that you've done things in the past which you're not proud of - I know I have), and I don't believe that it's necessarily fair to automatically write somebody off as incorrigible or to make sweeping judgements about their character as a whole upon the basis of these errors. Otherwise it's in danger of becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy. The only way that any of us can ever be truly be free from the ghosts of our mistakes is if we're given the time and the space to learn and grow from them. True, there may be some folks who prove themselves sadly incapable of utilising that time and space, but I do not see this as a universal truth myself, or a sound basis from which to dictate how we should allocate our forgiveness as a whole. The quality of mercy is not strained, and all that.
Understandable. And while I've made "mistakes", while I know I didn't intend to do them consciously, I may have very well intended to do them subconsciously. Honestly, I doubt I even really understand myself or how my own mind works, but I'm trying.

Anyway, people like this really cheese me off....

Now, I love anime a great deal, but I really, really, REALLY hate this "oh wow, Japanese culture is so awesome kawaii desu ka!" It's like there's some law in state now among the younger generation that you can either like western cartoons or eastern cartoons, and can't simply love cartoons, which depresses me....

And I won't bother talking about all the aspects that bug me about this person, as much as just the way she displays her personality.

Though, I will say this: I love how she loves "illiterats".

Last edited by Nathander; 02-20-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #1033
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Yeh fancy not liking rap. Dr Octagon rules!

Funny that she lists god as a dislike. She doesn't say that she disbelieves in god, rather that she dislikes him, how ungrateful is that? Anyway I'm sure Wiccans have a god, definately a goddess or at least some unified consciousness of nature.

Nah, I'm only kidding. She's kinda funny and cute. Did you make her up, Nathander? Know what you mean about Anime purists, though. Wow that stuff's exploded in my lifetime. Proper sociological phenomenon. It's time we saw some Indian animated films, that'd be interesting, such a rich,colourful culture. You know, proper Indians. From India.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #1034
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm in agreement with you there, Nathander. I get pretty annoyed by people who believe that anything Japanese is better than it's western equivalent just because it's Japanese. I enjoy anime too but I also appreciate a good dub.
One of the really annoying parts is how you always hear people demand a Japanese sound mode option for every game because we all know that the Japanese voices are better, and the western ones are automatically terrible.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #1035
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Nah, I'm only kidding. She's kinda funny and cute. Did you make her up, Nathander? Know what you mean about Anime purists, though. Wow that stuff's exploded in my lifetime. Proper sociological phenomenon. It's time we saw some Indian animated films, that'd be interesting, such a rich,colourful culture. You know, proper Indians. From India.
Naw, I think it's the deviantart ID idea for someone. I got to an image board that has a tendency to make fun of people like this. I'mma bad, bad man....

There are Indians in India? When did this happen?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #1036
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I'm in agreement with you there, Nathander. I get pretty annoyed by people who believe that anything Japanese is better than it's western equivalent just because it's Japanese. I enjoy anime too but I also appreciate a good dub.
One of the really annoying parts is how you always hear people demand a Japanese sound mode option for every game because we all know that the Japanese voices are better, and the western ones are automatically terrible.
I couldn't help but think of dear, dear Megatron01 when I read that.

Seriously, Japanese culture, including it's cartoons, is neither superior nor inferior to Western culture and animation. It's simply different, nothing more or less. I think it's okay to prefer one over the other - everybody has their own taste, after all - but to say something like "This game was made in Japan, therefore it is superior" is ludicrous. Judge the game by it's playability and entertainment value, not by it's nation of origin.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #1037
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

However, I will argue that Japan is roughly as insane as California.

For example, can YOU tell me which character in this picture is male and which is female?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...icebridget.png

And wow. Wow, wow. That girl hates "hetros?" No more breeding!

Last edited by Ridureyu; 02-20-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #1038
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
However, I will argue that Japan is roughly as insane as California.
LMAO

yeah that kid is pretty special. Shortbus special. Hey Koos i second the motion for Indian animation. Very interesting culture.

ETA heres a gem: Dislikes include God, America, and being white...and haters. WHAT?

some serious pent up anger there. Keep that kid away from guns and clock towers.

Last edited by Partymember; 02-20-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #1039
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
LMAO

yeah that kid is pretty special. Shortbus special. Hey Koos i second the motion for Indian animation. Very interesting culture.

ETA heres a gem: Dislikes include God, America, and being white...and haters. WHAT?

some serious pent up anger there. Keep that kid away from guns and clock towers.
No kidding, PM! Why not just state in her profile, "I'm a dorky rebellious teenager who really has no clue, so I try to be cool and make people like me by being trendy. I'm also a raging HYPOCRITE, by the way, since I say I hate "haters", yet I'm obviously one myself! Isn't that neat-o?" I'm surprised she didn't just add "all grown-ups" to that list of "dislikes", and you can bet that she thinks anyone over 20 is an idiot and is very confident that all the knowledge in the entire universe is hers! Scary thing is, if she doesn't wind up doing something entirely stupid and hurting a lot of other people as you suggested, she'll probably grow up to be a successful politician, since that's something that ticks ME off-people who hang onto that "I hate(insert nouns and adjectives of your choice here)" mentality that they cultivate at this age, and then try to force it on everyone else when they find themselves in positions of power.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 02-22-2008 at 02:17 AM.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #1040
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I am Ub3rD4n, and I approve of this thread.