Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #1031
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Amelie

What a fantabulous film. I couldn't pull my eyes away from the screen. Audrey Tatou gives a marvelous performance as the absolutely adorable Amelie. This feel good yarn set in an idyllic version of Paris in the 90s was definitely worth the watch. It was also very heartwarming. I do believe that Jean-Pierre Jeunet is currently my favorite French filmmaker. If only he had done a better job on Alien: Resurrection. If only.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #1032
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

In the Mouth of Madness

A movie everyone seemingly forgot or never knew existed, it's certainly one of the most and twisted horror movies I've ever seen. I mean this is real DARK stuff, twisted monsters and themes it's depressing and scary at the same time.

Watching it now, I miss seeing Sam Niel and John Carpenter in movies lately. Carpenter was in my opinion the best horror director out there of the big old legends (Wes Craven, Toby Hooper, George Romero etc). A very cool film overall.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #1033
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I'd put George Romero above John Carpenter, but no one can deny Carpenter is a master of his craft, especially with The Thing and Prince of Darkness. I've never seen In the Mouth of Madness, but now I'm certainly hoping to, as anything with a Lovecraft reference immediately enthralls me.

The last film I saw was Across the Universe. I had been really looking forward to it, and upon seeing it, I have to admit....I'm not certain what I thought of it. Don't get me wrong; it was a VERY well done movie, as it was well performed and the set design and choreography was beautiful. However, there were several issues I had with the film otherwise, and, despite acknowledging it as a good film, I wouldn't necessarily be able to say I LIKED it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #1034
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Corpse Bride

Simply watching it again because my mom hadn't seen it. I love the song Emily sings and the last final breath of relief at the end... such a beautiful movie <3 I hope Tim Burton's working on another stop-motion film like this one and Nightmare Before Christmas. They're such eye candy!
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #1035
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Ed Wood

In my opinion, this is the best thing that Tim Burton - and Johnny Depp, for that matter - has ever done. Given how much ridicule Ed Wood and his repertoire have been subjected to over the years, I admire how deeply sympathetic this film is toward him. Mr. Wood may have formulated movies so mind-blowingly bad that they're works of art within themselves, but Mr. Burton never lets you doubt for a second that he had a real honest passion for what he was doing. Charming, funny and in parts very sad, it's even better once you've seen Plan 9 from Outer Space for yourself. Heck, knowing the background details gives Plan 9 a tragic, even noble edge. Edward D. Wood Jr forever!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-11-2007 at 03:47 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #1036
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Rock-A-Doodle

I ordered it from Amazon, one of the childhood toon movies I grew up on. I have to say, despite the story being pretty blah and unoriginal it's hard not to like a Don Bluth film because that man truly knew how to animate a good movie.

Even if the story sucked, that style of animation he used was absolutely incredible and it made the characters even better looking and more detailed then I imagined. Mad props to this movie's BAD ASS villain, The Grand Duke of Owls.

Now THERE was a great villain I almost forgotten how much fun he was in the movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #1037
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
Corpse Bride

Simply watching it again because my mom hadn't seen it. I love the song Emily sings and the last final breath of relief at the end... such a beautiful movie <3 I hope Tim Burton's working on another stop-motion film like this one and Nightmare Before Christmas. They're such eye candy!
+1

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #1038
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

The Ant Bully.

It's a really good movie staring Nicholas Cage and Julia Roberts, produced by Tom Hanks. It's about a little boy who is bullied in his neighborhood and takes it all out on the ants in his front yard. Finally the ants get sick it and they shrink him to their size.

It's very sweet. Good acting, good music, good storyline... A under-appreciated classic.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #1039
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Oh man, Rock-a-Doodle and The Ant Bully

I remember that when Rock-a-Doodle was released it was considered TOO SCARY for children or something, and parents were advised to go with their kids. I guess it was because of the owl. But, that's the deal with a lot of Don Bluth movies, like The Secret of NIMH. I still klove them all of course <3

And funny thing about Ant Bully, it's Keith Alcorn who worked on it, the guy who worked on Jimmy Neutron (which I am a BIG fan of) =D needless to say, he did an awesome job! Oh, and he's currently working on a Jimmy Neutron spin-off episode
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #1040
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Bad Boys. Actually, I'm watching it now.
I hope Bay does a third one, maybe after he does Transformers 2.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote