Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #991
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Survival of the fittest doesn't necessarily mean survival of the physically fittest. It may pan out as those who can build friendly alliances have a better chance of survival and those who pump iron and adopt macho stances make themselves isolated and vulnerable. The sleepy, fluffy little Dormouse has currently out-survived the Sabre-Toothed Tiger and Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Indeed. And some people may be content with being a Doormouse. Speaking of which, im going to see the new Rambo movie and workout when i get home

Allow me to quote Mussolini: "I would rather live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep"

And yes he died, but i am inclined to think he had a great time while he lived.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #992
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
Allow me to quote Mussolini: "I would rather live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep"
Pfft, I would say that the implications of Mussolini's words have since been undermined by the great Pink Floyd and their epic album Animals. There, the sheep constitute the oppressed masses who finally learn kung-fu and destroy their canine oppressors. Lions are so important that they aren't even mentioned.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #993
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post

And yes he died, but i am inclined to think he had a great time while he lived.
A lion? He flattered himself. And I wouldn't have thought being on your knees before a murdering little squirt like Hitler would constitute having a great time. Angry, sad men and ultimately, as you say, losers. (spits)

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #994
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
A lion? He flattered himself. And I wouldn't have thought being on your knees before a murdering little squirt like Hitler would constitute having a great time. Angry, sad men and ultimately, as you say, losers. (spits)
I'm assuming his power trip was enjoyable.

i just saw Rambo and Stallone is ripped. He looks like that at 60-something, there's no excuse for me to not look like that at 18. I have decided to work out at 8 PM, my power sub (loaded with meat and veggies) and my yogurt should be digested enough by then. I've only been at this for about 2 months and i've noticed some serious improvement in my physique
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #995
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I usually love my computer, but today it ticked me off. I have dial up (yes, sad but true), so when I expect to write a long email or blog or something, I do so in Word offline. Then I cut and paste after I get online. I was doing just this from 3 to 5 o'clock this afternoon, writing a long and long-overdue email to my best friend. Was typing almost non-stop for those two hours. Finished, proof read, and then logged online. Dumb me, I didn't save it first. As soon as I got online, some of the updates I installed yesterday clashed somehow, and my computer froze. I tried to fix it, little success, tried to save the email, but it wouldn't let me. So I had to reboot, and just hope that my computer would automatically save the "draft", as it has done that before when I reboot in the middle of doing something. It rebooted, fixed the update problem itself in doing so, and all seemed fine. But nope, it didn't save the email I spent two hours writing. My computer is working great now, and in fact, I think it's a little faster, which makes me happy. But I have to type that whole email over again. I started to, but got so frustrated and irritated that I had to stop. I'll try again maybe tomorrow.

I know we've all been there at some time or other but....ugh. Uber ugh!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #996
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Nah, I'll just learn how to use a gun.
Oddly enough, this can also be counted as survival of the fittest.

Anyhow....

Fanatics -
I don't care if they're religious or secular, but I'm deeply bothered by fanaticism in either form. You're more then entitled to your opinions, but you don't have any real right to immediately assume your opinion to be superior to the anyone elses, and help build this up by insulting those who believe in anything differently. Richard Dawkins and Jerry Falwell are prime examples of this.

Texas Drivers -
I hate the people who drive here. I honestly have no idea why they're allowed to have licenses.

The Excessive Use of the Word "Like" -
"So, like, my friends and I, like, went to the mall and we were all, like...."

Please, please shut up. You're butchering the English language beyond all comprehension.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #997
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Quote:
Originally posted by Nathander:
You're butchering the English language beyond all comprehension.
Yesterday 04:12 PM
That's the great thing about the English language though! It comes pre-butchered! Just ask the French or the Germans!

You know what annoys ME? Excessive use of text or leetspeek. Hypocritical, I know.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #998
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

what ticks me off is that i am going to try to build a recurve bow, but i almost know that i will fail.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:31 AM   #999
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
You know what annoys ME? Excessive use of text or leetspeek. Hypocritical, I know.
AGREED!! I mean, I say lol sometimes but that in my opinion doesn't count as leetspeak or text speak... I cannot stand stuff like substituting "you" with "U" and E's with 3's.

What makes me mad? That my Wii broke (while still under warranty), so I could get it fixed for free, and I did. That's not what made me mad. What makes me SO mad was that they didn't completely fix the problem and now, several weeks before Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out, it broke AGAIN and I'm having to fix it AGAIN. They'd better fix it this time!!! I'm not keen on missing out on Brawl just because they can't do their jobs correctly the first time!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #1000
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
The Excessive Use of the Word "Like" -
"So, like, my friends and I, like, went to the mall and we were all, like...."

Please, please shut up. You're butchering the English language beyond all comprehension.
THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote