Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #91
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
says they "pwned" someone instead of "owned"
Yeah, I don't get that at all. It's stupid.

Quote:
Anyone who automatically assumes people in their 20's or teens who watch cartoons are and/or perverts, losers, devoid of life, and constantly think of cartoons in the "wrong way" just because they talk about them in depth in conversation.
To put it bluntly, anyone who thinks that is a jackass and probably takes himself a little too seriously. They need to loosen up and stop trying to impress everyone, themselves included, with how "mature" they are.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #92
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

And what's with "roxxorz my boxxorz"? Some of these phrases are dumb.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #93
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Anyone who automatically assumes people in their 20's or teens who watch cartoons are and/or perverts, losers, devoid of life, and constantly think of cartoons in the "wrong way" just because they talk about them in depth in conversation.
What puzzles me about this is the thought that doing the same thing for live action is somehow "better". Why? The characters of, say, Grey's Anatomy are every bit as fictional as the characters of Foster's, and how anyone can justify religiously watching Desperate Housewives yet scoffing at cartoons because they're "not real people" baffles me. It really does.

Last edited by kageri; 01-07-2007 at 12:02 PM.
kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #94
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

What the heck does "roxxers my boxxers" mean?-nevermind, I don't wanna know. Anyway, I thought of more stuff that annoys me.

28: When people say "OMG, THAT IS SO GAY!"....all I have to say is that that sounds so retarted.

29: Nasty litterbox....

30: When someone does something and everyone thinks it's cool or funny, but when you do it, it's not cool nor funny.

31: E hecks and road checks.

32: Folks that have no sence of humor.

33: When you're trying to be funny and people look at you like "wth?" (happens to me akll the time)

34: Girls who just throw themselves at guys.

35: Girls who think like their butt and boobs are just "all that".

36: Guys who think the following above.

37: When them freakin brats throw paper wads, pencils, erasers, ect at you but if you say anything about it you get in trouble with the teacher.

38: When people disses something you think is cool.

39: When you eat something for lunch and your friends say how gross it is the WHOLE time you're trying to eat when THEY'RE not even eating it! They don't know what it tastes like.

40: People who constantly rag on how good you would look in this certain kind of clothing when you don't have the money to afford THAT particular brand or kind.

There's more but I can't think of anymore right now.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #95
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I honestly get that "pervert cartoon freak" look and idea thrown around alot. Particuarly when you talk to someone who is a teen and doesn't watch cartoons, they either think you're gay or that you're a pervert. It really bothers me because people make it seem like I'm a depraved pervert.

People get aroused and actually have fantasies about celebrities and people on shows like Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy, or Jaimie pressley from My Name is Earl and it's apparantly okay to have sexual or adult thoughts about them. But when it happens to a cartoon character, you're labeled a sicko freak show.

It bothers me because cartoons have had a LONG history of advertising sexual attraction. Look at Jessica Rabbit, Minerva Mink, Lola Bunny, and even half the Disney princess girls. Toons have been promoted as seuxal icons for years, why the hell do you think toons do all that weird stuff when they see a pretty girl?

Eyes bulging, hearts shooting out, turning into rockets and screaming like their on fire? I don't think it's wrong at all, I think it's NATURAL. People grow as they get older and your mind realizes certain things and hints you didn't realize as a kid. I don't feel like a nutcase when I say I think Frankie's hot.

Or that I found Fifi Lefume from Tiny Toons to be attractive. I honestly find it hard to believe in a world where people have fantasies about every warped, twisted thing you can imagine, thinking about being sexually drawn to a toon is the worst thing you can feel.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #96
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
What puzzles me about this is the thought that doing the same thing for live action is somehow "better". Why? The characters of, say, Grey's Anatomy are every bit as fictional as the characters of Foster's, and how anyone can justify religiously watching Desperate Housewives yet scoffing at cartoons because they're "not real people" baffles me. It really does.
From the commercials I have seen, Grey's Anatomy appears to be some sort of dramatic soap opera that takes place in a hospital in which things that shouldn't and (as far as I know) don't happen, do happen. And to the extent of my knowledge, doctors have higher moral and are more responsible than to hide in closets and neglect their duties. (I do hope.)

And this reminds me of another thing that I really dislike. Sappy stories and the whole idea that love and sex HAVE TO come together. Sure, maybe lust and sex come together, but love and sex don't. You can love someone, yet never have sex with him or her.
Quote:
I honestly get that "pervert cartoon freak" look and idea thrown around alot. Particuarly when you talk to someone who is a teen and doesn't watch cartoons, they either think you're gay or that you're a pervert. It really bothers me because people make it seem like I'm a depraved pervert.

People get aroused and actually have fantasies about celebrities and people on shows like Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy, or Jaimie pressley from My Name is Earl and it's apparantly okay to have sexual or adult thoughts about them. But when it happens to a cartoon character, you're labeled a sicko freak show.

It bothers me because cartoons have had a LONG history of advertising sexual attraction. Look at Jessica Rabbit, Minerva Mink, Lola Bunny, and even half the Disney princess girls. Toons have been promoted as seuxal icons for years, why the hell do you think toons do all that weird stuff when they see a pretty girl?

Eyes bulging, hearts shooting out, turning into rockets and screaming like their on fire? I don't think it's wrong at all, I think it's NATURAL. People grow as they get older and your mind realizes certain things and hints you didn't realize as a kid. I don't feel like a nutcase when I say I think Frankie's hot.

Or that I found Fifi Lefume from Tiny Toons to be attractive. I honestly find it hard to believe in a world where people have fantasies about every warped, twisted thing you can imagine, thinking about being sexually drawn to a toon is the worst thing you can feel.
I believe people say things like that about cartoon fans because they feel that cartoons are only for children, and once you reach a certain age, you should move on to "more adult shows." They believe that watching cartoons at an adult age is bad enough; being attracted to a cartoon character is horrendous. I don't see why that should be so. In my opinion, being attracted to a cartoon character is not twisted at all. It is a much better idea than having feelings for some Hollywood star who constantly marries, divorces, re-marries, and involves himself or herself in affairs.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #97
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Wanting to make sexytime with a cartoon character is certainly not one of the more harmful fantasies I can think of. People are lame.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #98
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

You know, this is an interesting topic, but why not start yourself seperate thread on this? Just so we can stay on topic on this thread. I'd be interested in the topic of likes and dislikes of cartoons if anyone wanted to start a thread.
Eh?
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #99
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
You know, this is an interesting topic, but why not start yourself seperate thread on this? Just so we can stay on topic on this thread. I'd be interested in the topic of likes and dislikes of cartoons if anyone wanted to start a thread.
Eh?
We had a similar thread on the old Forum:

http://nffostershome.proboards52.com...ead=1127443979

If anyone wants to restart it, be my guest.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-07-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added link.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #100
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
We had a similar thread on the old Forum:

http://nffostershome.proboards52.com...ead=1127443979

If anyone wants to restart it, be my guest.
Done and Done , check the board.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote