Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #21
Owennoreen
Settling In
Take a lemon and squeeze it in your eyes!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
six flags is no stranger to horrible accidents. and I do not see any fines against them making things safer. just to give a frame of reference, six flags has had a tradition of accidents on unsafe rides, here are two examples I remember from when I was younger. And I am sure many other amusement parks, carnivals and fairs have also had there share in accidents.

Back in the 70's or early 80's (I cannot remember the year) At the New Jersey six flags, a fire broke out in the Haunted House ride and killed about 10 kids. the haunted house was closed for a few years after that.

THen again right after the Freefall ride was opened. (thats the ride where it goes strait up and then just drops you) a girl was decapitated due to her hair getting caught on the way down.

monty
Really did this really happend montitech this is so horrible! I can't believe that this would happen!Did this really happend?
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!

Last edited by Owennoreen; 06-29-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: messed up
Owennoreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #22
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owennoreen View Post
Really did this really happend montitech this is so horrible! I can't believe that this would happen!Did this really happend?

Yes I believe it is true, I vividly remember hearing about it. the first incident was not long after Summer of Sam so it did not really get a lot of press, the second with freefall I recall seing in the papers. also I remember the Haunted House being closed due to the fire when I was a kid.

as for Cassini90125 comment about jail time, please remember Safety is a commodity and one needs to pay for it. Thrill rides have warnings for a reason, and that reason is BECAUSE THEY ARE DANGEROUS. A friend of mine convinced me to go on the steal loopy loop coaster at six flags back in '93. it winded up being three minutes of not so much fun. and at the end I think it sprained my neck. I had trouble looking to the left for a few hours.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #23
I LIKE CEREAL!DD
Newly Abandoned

Weeeeeeeeeeee.......  

This reminds me.....when I was 9 Iwas at the hurricane wave pool and it was the wave time....I began to get waterin my mouth and then a lifeguard DROPPED a life thingy on me hard....then my mom pulled me out before I drowned....

It was horrible...
*Goes back on 1st class* Tea anyone?
Correct!You earn some crumpets for that my young lad!
I LIKE CEREAL!DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #24
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Those life preservers are *heavy*, aren't they?? Geez. I'm glad I've never had one dropped on my head. Poor you.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #25
Owennoreen
Settling In

I know these rides in themeparks are really scary and dangerous I know a accident I bet you all know it's really sad when I think about it I cry!
I love horror anything horror! Hey remember when you'd wake up and i'd say how you doing? And you'll say what??! And again i'll say how you doing?But this time I'd scream in your ear so loud you fall over unconscious!?Good times man good times! You better stay out of this little girl's way!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #26
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Our local theme park had this water slide lined with rubber mattresses for people to slide down in, some girl managed to get her head stuck in between two mattresses. She drowned, since there was always a steady flow of rushing water running throughout the slide, and she'd been caught upside down. ._.

I think there was another incident where there was a game of tug of war and some dude got his arm ripped clean off, since he wound the rope around his arm. Tragedies.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #27
Owennoreen
Settling In

Ouch ooooo man that sucks
Old 07-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #28
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

God, this thread scares me. *shudders at all of the dead-awful tales*

But seriously, It's things like these being the reasons I never went on rides at theme parks as a kid, fear of fatalities. Gosh, just the tough of having a limb STRIPPED from your body... OOH! OGH! URK! Jeez! Oh sorry, I'm probably scaring you guys. I should... just... shut up now....
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote