Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:01 AM   #31
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawbah View Post
I had heard that justin doesn't die in the next novel, but I also saw that it was written by someone else. So was Justin still being alive what the original author intended?
Those were my thoughts too. Since the two succeeding novels, written by his daughter Jane Leslie Conly, were published long after his death, we'll never know for sure what O'Brien himself would have made of them. Despite a couple of contradictions with the original story, I seem to remember the first sequel, Racso and the Rats of NIMH, being a pretty good read, but the second RT, Margaret and the Rats of NIMH, which involved the rats having to make communications with the human world, was somewhat weaker, and seemed to take things to an extreme even for an anthropomorphic fantasy. It was a pretty central plot point that the Rats of NIMH were able to read and write, but, unless I missed something, I don't remember it ever being established in O'Brien's novel that they could actually speak to humans in plain English.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #32
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

"RAT" Update:
Tonight I came home to a surprise. The porch light was out so I couldn't see very well, but when I took out my flashlight I noticed something on the path leading up to the porch. My cat apparently left a present for me there.

It wasn't a rat, it was a mouse. A vary large dead mouse. My sister-in-law said it was the biggest she's ever seen. I'm betting that this is my "rat" as we don't have many rodents in the area and it's the biggest mouse I have ever seen. So I feel a bit silly for freaking out about this mouse. I'm glad it didn't die in the traps we set out... though death by a cat isn't so great. Oh well, Thank you everyone for your support and advice. It means a lot to me.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote