Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow
Default Fan Fic Ideas: You like?

I'm a long, long, LONG time fan fic writer and I just recently finished my first Foster's fic. It's more of a....mature one to be honest and it was kind of just thought of up on the spot. I got the idea from a couple other Foster fics I read.

But my main point here is I got a couple ideas for future Foster fics and I was curious of your guys imput and suggestions:

Idea 1:

"Untitled"

This is serious, drama kind of story that is designed to show the "power" of friendship through the foster family. The idea is that a pair of burglars or theives breaks into Foster's and takes Frankie hostage at gunpoint and he demands everyone leaves the house.

Mac stops by and finds out what happens and wants to save her but the police say stay out of this. So Mac, Wilt, Coco, Eduardo, and Bloo team up and secretly make their way into the house and try to rescue Frankie no matter what. I want this to show how strong their bonds of frienship is.

And that even in the face of death, Mac and Bloo and the others would do anything for a friend. I don't got a name for this one yet so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, feel free to dish em out.

Idea 2:

"Fangs off Frankie" or "Sweet Tooth"

I'm stuck between those 2 titles. This is purely for fun and is in no way bashing Frankie. A new imaginary friend comes to Foster's and he looks like a toon vampire bat. Everyone seems to love him but he has a strange habit that seems to be bugging Frankie.....he bites her.

And what's worse (in typical Bloo fashion) he continues to do it and bug the crap out of Frankie. Everytime she asks him why he does it he just says "No i didn't, no I didn't, that's your opinion". The whole idea is that Frankie is trying to find out why he keeps biting her and make friends with him.

It's just like a gag and it's really just for fun. The idea is strange and I don't know where it came from, I also don't have a name for my "batty" friend or a choice on the title though I am leaning towards "Fangs off Frankie", advice?
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Dude13
Settling In
Cruising through life without a single clue...  

To be honest, I like both of them! More power to you if you can write both fics!

To be honest, I like the first idea better, that sounds like a very unique and interesting plot you've got there.
Dude13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I don't like the first idea at all. The second could be funny, if done right.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Thanks for your comments. The reason I thought of the first one was because I like introducing odd elements into shows, it makes it more interesting when you put stuff that doesn't belong in random shows because the outcome can be very interesting.

I also thought that Foster's doesn't incorporate alot of other humans into their world, the closest thing they had was that jerk agent that kidnapped Bloo and I really wanted to explore on the possibility of other bad natured people trying to take advanatge of Foster's kindness.

The second idea was always designed to be funny and is more or less my vain attempt at making what i think could be an actual episode. I always loved the idea of having a character just randomly bugging someone and then acting like Norm Macdonald on SNL on jepoardy going "No i didn't, well that's your opinion".

The bat "biting" concept stems from Little Shop of Horrors and trying to show Frankie how difficult it is to raise a pet (or in this case imaginary friend) that keeps drinking your blood and trying to keep up with your daily duties as you go on.

Uh i hope some of that made sense.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
Voxxyn
Banned

The first one has the potential to be extremely powerful, and a GREAT way to show the friendship and kindness that can arise out of such vile situations.

The second one sounds like it could be a good one-shot(like Dude13's humor fics), and I'll enjoy Frankie's misery as long as you don't end it in the same way as "Imposter's Home".
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
The first one has the potential to be extremely powerful, and a GREAT way to show the friendship and kindness that can arise out of such vile situations.

The second one sounds like it could be a good one-shot(like Dude13's humor fics), and I'll enjoy Frankie's misery as long as you don't end it in the same way as "Imposter's Home".
I always like using odd situations that are never normally used to make things interesting. The "Fangs" story was my vain attempt of making a story that I felt would be good enough for TV. It probably won't be but it helped inspire me.

Anyways, the idea behind the story is not to make Frankie suffer like in "Imposter's". Its more like having a babysitter trying to babysit someone and not understanding WHY the baby is acting like a pain. My vampire bat imaginary friend has a reason for why he bites her.

And I want Frankie (being the dedicated parent in training that she is) to try and find out why so she can be friends with him. This isn't a torture fic in anyway. I also want to include Foster's in this BIG Rodger Rabbit type story I have in mind.

It involves the son of Eddie Valiant (from the movie) who is a detective and is trying to prove that Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon) didn't kill Misty who is missing and is presumed dead. Eddie's son will travel around with a hard edge woman cop partner and travel through different "cartoons" to find clues.

One of them will be Foster's ^^ and I'm even gonna use the Foster's friends to act as "Home Alone" type good guys when the bad guys that are chasing my main heroes follow them to Foster's home.