Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #11
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornwhistle View Post
When I wrote the last message,the mouse cursor froze. I tried to fix it by turning off the hard drive,then turning it back on. Now,it's malfucntioning again. I had the person come back ,but this time,she wasn't able to fix it.

I might have to get a new comp.
\

The mouse freezing is different from windows freezing, If windows freezes it may be a Bad CPU Fan, Bad Memory or even a bad Power Supply. (assuming it is Hardware. naturally it could be software see below.

if the problem is only that your mouse unexpectently freezes. Then try as others sugested to run spyware and virus softare.
adaware from lavasoft.de is free for spyware cleaner (not protection but will clean when run manually) and avast is also free virus protection.
that should help if the problem is software. if the problem is hardware, then it may be the mouse or the port the mouse is pluged into. try using a different mouse, I usually go through one mouse every 18 months before I have to refurbish or buy a new one. on newer computers with USB ports it is easiest to try a new USB mouse. naturally if you donot have USB it is harder to diagnose and fix.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Yeah I have to say this sounds like a virus problem. Especially with a cpu just rebooting by itself.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

A few days ago my copy of Paint started refusing to open GIF files and the toolbar vanished. Now it's working fine again. Just a random glitch, I suppose, but I ran all my antivirals anyway. They found nothing, but running them once a week or so is probably a good idea anyway.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote