Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #121
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Of all the crushes I've had though over the years, the main ones never have died down. Number one is easily Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon. Why? Well, I always thought she was hottest of the scouts and also the most lovable scout. She was a brave, powerful, and faithful friend who always stood up for others.

She always wanted to make others happy with her cooking and I felt so hurt and sorry for her because like her, I've tried so many times to have a romantic relationship only to fail every time. So I can relate. I also felt bad for her because Jupiter got the least "centered episodes" out of all the scouts.
Dude, you pretty much summed up how I feel about her, too. I've always regarded Lita as one of the finest and most decent women I've ever encountered, one of those rare sorts that you want to spend time with for no reason other than the pleasure of her company. As I noted elsewhere I watched her debut episode several hours ago; it took almost no time for all the feelings I ever had for her to come roaring back to life. How could it be otherwise? You don't forget a lady like her, not entirely, not ever. She's someone you want to hold in your arms and whisper "I care about you" to her, and you want to be there for her because you know she'll be there for you. It really boggles the mind that someone of her extraordinary caliber never found someone special. Were it possible for her to express an interest in me I would jump at the chance and never look back. I'm on the verge of writing an epic here so I'd better stop while I'm thinking about it. She's quite inspiring, our miss Lita, quite inspiring indeed, and I'm glad this thread is back so I have a place to say so.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #122
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

DUDE, I had (and have) so many crushes...haha.

Currently have:

Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic games; so CUTE!)
Daxter the Ottsel (Jak games...I don't even LIKE them! I watch cutscenes on YouTube however.)
RJ (Over the Hedge movie and comic; I like sneaky people/animals.)
Lazlo (Camp Lazlo; so happy-go-lucky)
Mac (Take a wild guess It's very small however)

I used to have one on Buster Bunny (Tiny Toons), but it was small.

No furry flames plz.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #123
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
She's someone you want to hold in your arms and whisper "I care about you" to her, and you want to be there for her because you know she'll be there for you. It really boggles the mind that someone of her extraordinary caliber never found someone special. Were it possible for her to express an interest in me I would jump at the chance and never look back. I'm on the verge of writing an epic here so I'd better stop while I'm thinking about it.
I know EXACTLY how you feel, there's nothing more I would like to do then to actually personally show her the real appreciation she SO deserved in that show. She has so many admirable quantities, I would drive 50 miles to meet someone like her. It's that kind of a quality that is worth going the distance for.

Don't worry about "writing an epic about Lita", that's exactly what this thread is for . You got every right to say how much or little you feel towards a character. Funny you should mention Tiny Toons Nyo because another of my crush is that sweet, purple little stinker herself, Fifi La Fume.

Much like Lita, I always felt so sad for her because she is genuinely searching for true love and she's a very affectionate person. She's not as psychotic or stalker obsessed as Pepe was, and more often then not you see her crying because she can't find a guy who can stand her scent.

Which is even MORE depressing because she can't help the way she is. I never realized her appeal until I was much older but still, I think Fifi is deserving of a decent guy just like Stella from "Over the hedge". (Another movie you mentioned Nyo and ANOTHER skunk I happen to find to be cute).

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-14-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #124
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Feeling the Lita/Mako/Jupiter love here. She can be quite graceful when she wants to be as well.

I'm also partial to Mina(ko)/Venus, because she's light-hearted, funny, and quite beautiful as well, and of course Sailor Moon herself, Serena/Usagi. She may be a flake, but she's a big-hearted one.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #125
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman414 View Post
I'm also partial to Mina(ko)/Venus, because she's light-hearted, funny, and quite beautiful as well, and of course Sailor Moon herself, Serena/Usagi. She may be a flake, but she's a big-hearted one.
I always felt that was the most important thing about Serena/Sailor Moon. I think a lot of people (both in and out of the show) look down on Moon because she's clumsy and a ditz at times. But deep down, she is a very good hearted person and i think that's a far more important trait to have then training.

She has a pure heart and she's not insulting of other people (except Raye), she's not perfect but peace wise, I'd say she's just about right. Same with like Raven from Teen Titans. She may act like the spawn of Satan (actually in a way she is) and she gives everyone the cold shoulder, deep down she really does mean well.

One toon crush i always felt weird about is Nadia from Secret of the blue water anime. It doesn't bother me that she's black, I still find her quite attractive but what I felt weird about is that she is a good person deep down: she kept going about it all the wrong ways. She was very moody and pushy.

She often forced her own ways and beliefs on others and for someone who has a love of nature and life itself, I found that to be quite discomforting. I'm glad she mellowed out in the end, but still it's sad to see such beautiful characters resort to such distasteful and heartbreaking behavior.

Like Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, she's considered like one of the hottest anime girls EVER! And yet, I am totally appalled by her rude and snobby witch like behavior. That's why toon girls are more likable then say RL ones in TV shows and movies, most toons have good, honorable qualities.

They don't use or abuse the opposite sex for shallow or greedy purposes, Gadget from rescue Rangers would sure as hell never do anything like that, same with Frankie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #126
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Do you really want to know my cartoon crushes? Okay, I'll tell you, but you'll probably regret it...

Foster’s seems the most appropriate place to start. I share a good percentage of other NF members’ love for Wilt, who is a truly delightful soul; chivalrous and enigmatic as well as greatly pleasing to the eye - basically, a multitude of things which are being echoed about him all over the web, and with fine cause. But as most of you should have picked up by now I also have this (some would call “peculiar”) thing for Kip Snip. Well, is there really anything wrong with that? He’s slimy, deceitful and, in my eyes, absolutely awesome. There’s nothing more entrancing than an enjoyable villain (seriously, it can be a highly attractive quality in itself), and there’s something about Kip’s shamelessly underhanded manner that I find extremely alluring (on top of which, I have infinite respect for any guy who isn‘t afraid to wear pink). So shoot me, I like him. I’ve liked him ever since my first viewing of “the Sweet Stench of Success”, though I must admit that becoming more involved in the online Foster’s grapevine seems to have increased my fondness and solidarity toward him all the more, to the point where it’s even come to overshadow my Wilt-adoration. I guess because while, as I stated, affection for Wilt is clearly in no short supply, Kip just seems so unloved and alone, the poor dear. Kip Snip fangirl-ism desperately needs a voice, and I’m only too happy for that voice to be mine. True, it’s perfectly possible (even probable) that I’m the only Kip fangirl out there, in which case I would argue that it’s all the more important that I speak up and let this glib producer’s many pleasing qualities be known. Love ya, Kippy!

It’s certainly gratifying to see from the words of the original poster, Emma, that I’m not the only girl out there with feelings for Sideshow Bob of Simpsons infamy - Kelsey Grammar has indeed been blessed with the most sensuous vocal chords in the world, no doubt about it. I can’t think of anyone who could have provided Mr. Terwilliger with a more powerful, enlivening and sympathetic portrayal than did he - to me, the man has oodles more charm and splendour than the rest of that jaundiced populace put together. Except maybe his brother Cecil. David Hyde Pierce has a very beautiful voice too. Oh, and I love Waylon Smithers a whole lot too. He is adorable.

I was very recently introduced by my housemate to an anime series called Weiß Kreuz, or Knight Hunters:Weiß Kreuz, as it's known in its English dub - admittedly, a good portion of our enjoyment of this series does arise from how risible the animation quality has a tendency to be, but every so often it can throw up interesting characters and scenarios, and I do find myself ever-so-slightly taken with the villainous Schuldig (perhaps ironically, since the prospect of having my mind read used to terrify me well into my late teens). Maybe it has something to do with that evil smirk he flashes in the original opening sequence - I've always been a total sucker for a well-formed evil grin. Of the good guys, I suppose I do have an inkling of a soft spot for Yoji, largely because I was impressed by a flower trick he pulled off in an early-ish episode.

You'll be glad to know that that's all I can think of. I think I've made you people cringe enough.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-25-2008 at 07:01 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #127
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Kelsey Grammar has indeed been blessed with the most sensuous vocal chords in the world, no doubt about it.
Debby Harry

'nuff said
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #128
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

*see avatar* XD

[center]
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #129
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Can I really say without having the police after me? XD

Wilbur Robinson from Meet The Robinsons... I am OBSESSED with him and that cowlick of his. But he's 13 and I'm 21! I disgust myself But I can't help it, I easily fall for slim boys with sleek black hair

(I chose to post the model sheet for a reason, it inspires me =D)

The second is more my age XD Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove (at least he's 18! ...Or 19 in the series), my all-time favorite Disney Movie (MtR being second runner up!) ..again the slim boy with black sleek hair (plus sporting a delicious tan)

The third is... a little weird. Edward Platypus from Camp lazlo. I know. He's a PLATYPUS. But a delicious one at that! D: Not slim and black haired though, gaspeth XD
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #130
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Don't worry about the Ed crush there Zeit, I have a small crush on Lazlo himself xD I luff the little guy because he's so happy-go-lucky...I wish I was more like that.