Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #101
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Er... well, I don't think we've ever seen her be nastier to Ed than anyone else in particular...

Or maybe I'm just missing something?

(*missed the 100th post mark in this thread by one*)

-Marty

Last edited by lucyrocks73; 11-06-2006 at 06:01 PM.
lucyrocks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #102
Master Knight DH
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Again, the Eduardo thing confuses me to no end. The only real idea I have concerning it is the fact that Goo sees a bit of herself that she doesn't like (her crybaby side, which we have seen demonstrated at least once in "Go Goo Go"), and thus lashes out at Eduardo as a means to lash out against something about herself she dislikes.

Most likely, though, this is overanalyzation, and we'll never get any conformation as to why Goo dislikes Ed so badly.
Maybe because Eduardo is an idiot? I know sometimes people can piss me off just by being idiots.

Well, Goo's bossiness does bug me. But at least it has had Mr. Herriman mocked, Goo saying that the old way for AATS wasn't even a way before (going "blah blah" etc.).
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #103
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Knight DH View Post
Maybe because Eduardo is an idiot? I know sometimes people can piss me off just by being idiots.
I'm sorry, but that's just plain cruel and sad. I already ranted about this on the General Character Discussion thread, so here comes the shorthand version:

Ed is too kind, too gentle, too sweet, and is too innocent to honestly deserve any of that bashing crap. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOVER FOR GOO TO TREAT HIM LIKE THAT. End of story.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #104
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Being childlike and innocent does not make someone an "idiot".

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #105
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

I'm sorry but I too have to say something here.

Eduardo is the epitome of innocent in this show. He doesn't hate, he doesn't think only for himself, he cares about everyone around him AND he's a true friend to all who need him. He does not deserve to be terrified of Goo, OR to be called an idiot by you, MasterKnight DH.

There's a huge difference between being an idiot and being innocent.

There are circumstances of course when Eduardo doesn't appear the brightest bulb in the group, but they never make him out to be stupid or treat him with any kind of malice. He still treats things, and acts, like everything is new to him at some degree. Plus the fact his fear overrides basically anything else he does is a major factor.

Goo has been mean to Eduardo. The first time she met him she complimented him sure, but then she unleashed that 'really scary' imaginary upon him which he definately didn't deserve. All the guy was doing was watching tv, next thing he knows he had nightmare fuel for a year. The second time was in Neighbour Pains; Goo was getting way too ahead of herself and being a bossy little girl and took out a lot of her frustration upon those around her. But especially at Eduardo, causing him to pretty much break down from her verbal assault on him. I'm sorry but that isn't fair either. Eduardo hardly knew what was going on himself, so how cuold he explain to her? The other instance I can think of is from Internal Slumber when Goo brings up the subjects of ghosts, and when Eduardo fearfully asked how someone would die; she brings up the point 'they might have chocked on a piece of popcorn!' and thus displayed how a person would look. Death seems to terrify Eduardo like practically everything else, but even MORE so since he was eating popcorn at the time. Luckily he didn't cry, or run off.

So does Eduardo deserve what Goo inflicts on him be it in good humor or out of malice? No. A million times no. Eduardo wouldn't hurt a fly.

Well. Maybe Terrence and an Extreme-o-saur but that's another story. Sorry about going on like this about Ed in the Goo thread but it's something that's been bothering ME since those things I listed happened to Eduardo via the hands of Goo.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #106
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I'm sorry but I too have to say something here.

Eduardo is the epitome of innocent in this show. He doesn't hate, he doesn't think only for himself, he cares about everyone around him AND he's a true friend to all who need him. He does not deserve to be terrified of Goo, OR to be called an idiot by you, MasterKnight DH.

There's a huge difference between being an idiot and being innocent.

There are circumstances of course when Eduardo doesn't appear the brightest bulb in the group, but they never make him out to be stupid or treat him with any kind of malice. He still treats things, and acts, like everything is new to him at some degree. Plus the fact his fear overrides basically anything else he does is a major factor.

Goo has been mean to Eduardo. The first time she met him she complimented him sure, but then she unleashed that 'really scary' imaginary upon him which he definately didn't deserve. All the guy was doing was watching tv, next thing he knows he had nightmare fuel for a year. The second time was in Neighbour Pains; Goo was getting way too ahead of herself and being a bossy little girl and took out a lot of her frustration upon those around her. But especially at Eduardo, causing him to pretty much break down from her verbal assault on him. I'm sorry but that isn't fair either. Eduardo hardly knew what was going on himself, so how cuold he explain to her? The other instance I can think of is from Internal Slumber when Goo brings up the subjects of ghosts, and when Eduardo fearfully asked how someone would die; she brings up the point 'they might have chocked on a piece of popcorn!' and thus displayed how a person would look. Death seems to terrify Eduardo like practically everything else, but even MORE so since he was eating popcorn at the time. Luckily he didn't cry, or run off.

So does Eduardo deserve what Goo inflicts on him be it in good humor or out of malice? No. A million times no. Eduardo wouldn't hurt a fly.

Well. Maybe Terrence and an Extreme-o-saur but that's another story. Sorry about going on like this about Ed in the Goo thread but it's something that's been bothering ME since those things I listed happened to Eduardo via the hands of Goo.
Well said. And perhaps Goo treats Ed that way because he's vulnerable. I remember having a real shocker in my own life when I had a discussion with my mechanic one day and I asked him why I keep attracting these older guys who are perverted or crazy, and he said to me, "I guess cause you look vulnerable." (Which scared me, not that he intended anything by saying that.) So if Goo was made to feel "little" by being teased or whatever, she basically takes her own social problems out on Ed, who is the most vulnerable in the group, because he's so scared of everything and is also gullible. Basically, she takes advantage of him, but I don't think she necessarily means to purposefully, because even she is naive and still has a lot to learn. (Hence her extreme likeness to Bloo.)

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #107
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
That is just plain wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
And perhaps Goo treats Ed that way because he's [i]vulnerable[/I]. I remember having a real shocker in my own life when I had a discussion with my mechanic one day and I asked him why I keep attracting these older guys who are perverted or crazy, and he said to me, "I guess cause you look vulnerable." (Which scared me, not that he intended anything by saying that.) So if Goo was made to feel "little" by being teased or whatever, she basically takes her own social problems out on Ed, who is the most vulnerable in the group, because he's so scared of everything and is also gullible. Basically, she takes advantage of him, but I don't think she necessarily means to purposefully, because even she is naive and still has a lot to learn. (Hence her extreme likeness to Bloo.)
Makes sense to me.
Goo's not the only one who tortures Ed. In "The Big Cheese," Ed didn't want to be filmed pantsless, but the camera person kept filming him even when he stepped out of view.

In "Go Goo Go," Goo created countless imaginary friends, she kept returning even when told not to, she forced the residents to move into the bus, she raised hell for Mac, and she almost ended his visits to Foster's. But she still had the nerve to cry. It's like she didn't even consider what trouble she caused at Foster's. And at the end, it was Mac apologizing when it should have been Goo. I find that a bit ironic.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #108
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Rewatched a few episodes. It seems to me like Goo is like that to everyone, not just Ed (I'm not arguing with anyone at all). I think that we notice (I noticed it, that's for sure) it a lot more because everyone else can take Goo's bossy orders and comments, and Eduardo is more sensitve and can't.

I'm not saying that Ed's stupid (and not saying anything against anyone who was discussing this topic earlier), but he is more sensitive. And that's not a bad thing, because it makes Eduardo... well, Eduardo!

It does bug me though.

Hey, no one's perfect. Goo's bossiness and ocasional nastiness just happen to be hers.

I think the reason why she's one of my favortite characters is because she's very interesting to read into. There are many aspects of her personality that are fun to explore and debate about.

And I am a true geek.

-Marty
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #109
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
I fail to see how, in any respect, Eduardo is an idiot. If you could provide some form of evidence I'd possibly hear you out, but from what I can tell, you seem to merely be making a claim based on your own personal bias towards the character without any substantial evidence provided by the episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl
Well said. And perhaps Goo treats Ed that way because he's vulnerable. I remember having a real shocker in my own life when I had a discussion with my mechanic one day and I asked him why I keep attracting these older guys who are perverted or crazy, and he said to me, "I guess cause you look vulnerable." (Which scared me, not that he intended anything by saying that.) So if Goo was made to feel "little" by being teased or whatever, she basically takes her own social problems out on Ed, who is the most vulnerable in the group, because he's so scared of everything and is also gullible. Basically, she takes advantage of him, but I don't think she necessarily means to purposefully, because even she is naive and still has a lot to learn. (Hence her extreme likeness to Bloo.)
In a lot of ways, that's what I personally think it is. I doubt that she intends to actually hurt him, but I do think that she herself is so self-conscious about personality attributes that pertain to herself that she dislikes seeing in others that she tends to lash out at them. However, I still have the feeling that I tend to overanalyze everything pertaining to the world and the characters of FHFIF, which I guess goes with the territory of being a fan boy.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #110
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

See, this was exactly what I was talking about in the favorite IF thread-the Eduardo bashing. Personally, I think there's a difference between being stupid and being innocent. Eduardo is definitely the latter because of his naive, child-like mind, in my opinion. He just simply can't comprehend some of the more complex issues such as love and probably other issues because he is child-like in nature, not because he is stupid. He has proven that he is basically a child IF trapped in a (supposedly) adult IF's body time and time again in the episodes.

However, getting angry at a character because of "stupidity" is just flat-out uncool and wrong, as others have stated. Besides, since this show is supposedly aimed mostly at the younger audience (with many adults included as well) then what kind of image would it be showing to children if it was screaming out "Hey, let's all take our anger out on certain characters because they're stupid! Their idiocy should be ridden of immediately!"

Now, I am not trying to be offensive here-that is not my intention. I am merely making the point that characters should never have anger taken out on them simply because they are "stupid", which, in my opinion, Eduardo isn't even that at all. I just hope that I have made it clear that I am not trying to flame or upset anyone, just to show you how I feel about this.

But to get back on topic, I will admit that Goo seems to be treating everyone like that lately-she got snippy with Frankie, Wilt and some others, too, all of them not really seeming to do anything wrong to deserve it, either (well, at least to my knowledge-it's been awhile since I've seen those episodes). Wonder what's up with that?

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 11-07-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote