Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Larry was voiced by Kevin Michael Richards, who also voiced that octopus dude that Goo dreamed up in "Make Believe It or Not", and is well-known for having voiced Capt. Gantu in both the "Lilo and Stitch" series on Disney Channel, and the wonderful movie which inspired it.

While it's true that the movie did reveal a lot about Wilt's character(now we know why he apologizes and is so obessed with upsetting others or letting them down), it also left enough doors still closed that there's still an aura of mystery surrounding him. We do not know when he finally got medical attention for that arm, or what surgeon eventually operated on it(and presumably his face, too), or how he survived during that eight-year period between him losing that game to Larry and winding up at Foster's(the photos in "The Big Picture" indicate he's been there for 22 years, and the game was 30 years ago).

One litttle nit-pick though-Wilt was NOT looking for his creator. He knew all along that his creator was Jordan Michaels; how could he NOT? He was bombarded with that name every time he looked in a sports magazine or turned on the tv, just as most of us are familiar with Jordan's namesake as a household name. He knew where he was, since all he had to do is check the internet like Mac did(and Wilt does seem to be quite computer literate). It wasn't Jordan he was going to find, but Larry, and not Jordan's forgiveness he was seeking so much, in spite of what he said near the end, but his OWN.

pitbulllady
OK, Larry = Gantu. That explained why I kept thinking that Larry sounded like someone in another cartoon... Thanks.

There still were some closed doors at the end, yeah. Considering that there are eight years of Wilt's life unaccounted for, I'd like to see something building on that in the future.

Sorry about the little boo-boo about the plotline. Yeah, Wilt would definately know who his creator was, but he wasn't looking for him. If he was he'd have gone to Japan and there went half the ep out the window. I wholeheartedly agree that Wilt was looking more for his own forgiveness and some closure above all else.

(I think I may steal a couple of points here for a fic I'm working on. May I, pbl? Thanks!)

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote