Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #23
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
That's one of the reasons I really do like "Make Believe It Or Not", in spite of it not really being so popular with fans in general. It really shows Wilt's adult/parental side off well. When they try to get him away from the computer long enough to play the part of the "bad guy", he DOES really sound like any grown-up who's capitulating to the kiddies, even though it's obvious that such a thing is below his grown-up dignity, and he really would rather not join in. Later, when Mac and Goo start arguing and it's clear that Goo is getting the short end of the stick, so to speak, Wilt immediately recognizes the symptoms of a real falling-out, if not an outright fight, about to occur, and intervenes by stepping out-of-character and telling them to go back to attacking him, trying to take their minds off the conflict. His whole adult outlook and responsibility probably are what set him apart from the other Imaginary Friends more than anything, including his past injuries or his height. Most IF's act like kids, since they were created to be playmates and pals to children, for the most part, but Wilt's role seemed to have been much different, since he was more or less subconciously created to take the place of a big brother or father. Just as Nina subconciously needed for HER big, scary-looking Imaginary Friend to be gentle with her baby brother, and love playing little girl games like tea parties and dress-ups, Jordan needed for his Imaginary Friend to do things around the home that fathers normally do, including keeping the peace between Jordan and his older brother, when he wasn't coaching Jordan on the finer points of basketball.

pitbulllady
I think that's another one of the big reasons I like Wilt above all the others. It sounds goofy but my childhood I didn't really have much of a father figure(my dad was..eh..not so nice), but I did have a lot of older siblings(3 brothers and my sister). It reminds me of one of my brothers specifically and how he'd put up with my ADD shinanigans as a kid. So I see Wilt in that episode and it makes me smile.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote