Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How would you grade Berry Scary?
A 11 47.83%
B 10 43.48%
C 2 8.70%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
The Huntsman
Settling In

Default Episode Discussion: Berry Scary

I?ve noticed that this episode didn?t have a discussion topic, or if it did, it has long since been lost. Either way, what type of fan would I be if I didn?t endorse my favorite episode of the series through topical discussion? Berry Scary may not have been the best episode in the series, thought I believe it was the best episode in the first season; I also consider it to be my favorite episode, as even though other episodes were somewhat better, I believe that this episode was just extremely entertaining. You see, I first watched this episode back when the series had debuted, since it was the sixth episode of the series, and I believe that it did a good job at furthering the premise of the series. Not only did Mac and Bloo continue to behave like best buds, which I believe should be a core part of every episode, it also showed more aspects of the home, as well as its purpose, which I believe should also be explored as the series progresses. Granted, many episodes have been made since Berry Scary debuted and many more aspects of the show and the home have been revealed, though each episode still plays an important part when piecing the logic of the series together.

Regardless, I believe that this episode was pretty funny as well. I particularly enjoyed how Bloo kept getting Berry?s name wrong, even though I felt bad for her, as Bloo?s ignorance is a very funny thing. That was further exploited when Bloo thought the reason for his failure was the fact that he was around each time they failed, as well as how he forgot they even built a rubber band ball at the end. Granted, I know I?m just pointing out obvious things and this isn?t really the way to make a good discussion topic, though through speaking about the things I?ve enjoyed, I hope other users will take the time to express what they?ve enjoyed about this episode.

As I?ve said earlier, I also really liked Terrence?s behavior in this episode. I believe it was the first episode he appeared in since the movie, and even though it shames me to admit it, I?ve done what Terrence did. I sometimes feel embarrassed for some of the shows I watch and I tend to change the channel quickly if somebody walks in, hoping they didn?t notice, but I suppose I shouldn?t digress. Either way, I felt bad for Terrence, though I enjoyed the way he behaved and I thought it was a nice addition to the episode. I also thought Frankie was handled nicely, as seeing her gush over how great of a couple Bloo and Berry were was nice; I?m not sure why I liked those scenes so much, but they were interesting and they were a good addition to the episode.

With that, I think I?ve rambled enough. My thoughts are crumpled up and they?re mixed in this post in a horrible fashion, though I hope others will take the time to express their thoughts on this episode of the series.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote