Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #32
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

The next day, after a good rest, the citizens of the Emerald City waved off the group, wishing them a quick journey and a speedy return; especially for their new ruler the Scarecrow for you cannot be without a ruler for long. He promised he'd be back, and off they went. The group talked as they went, seeing how the other feels now that they have their heart, brain, and courage. The Scarecrow admitted he was still getting used to his brain, sometimes he felt a slight twinge. Mac explained, that's a headache. That's how you know you have a brain, or something like that.

After half a day the group came upon a large, thick forest. It was similar to the one the Lion had been found in, but even bigger then that. The Lion sniffed the air, almost checking in his own beastly way if there were any animals inside. "Hmm.." he hummed lowly. "There is others in here." he said.

"Should we go around it?" the Scarecrow asked, "Um, if we could?" he looked at just how far the forest stretched.

"No, we can make it through. Is quicker, and senor Mac is wanting to get home quick." he replied, and on they went through the forest. And even if the others didn't have a strong sense of smell, or that way animals know of certain things happening at certain times, they felt there was something very wrong happening in the woods. No animals stirred, no birds sang, nothing at all. The air was tense, and you could almost smell the fear that other animals were giving off. But what were they afraid of, them? They couldn't, surely. But they continued on, but when they came through into a clearing they saw a large gathering of animals.

There were giraffes, monkeys, apes, tigers, bears, beavers, otters, birds of all shapes and sizes, rhinos, hippos, it looked like they had walked right into a zoo. Or to Mac, at least the opening scene of the Lion King. All animals stopped, and it felt like a million eyes turned and landed on the group. In particular, the Lion. Hushed whispers were heard, and a beaver and a white tiger walked up to the group.

"Que es happening?" the Lion asked, a little uneasy at how many stares he was receiving.

"A-are you The Lion?" the beaver asked, "The Lion who helped destroy the Wicked Witch?"

"Si." the Lion replied, before looking to the Tiger. "Tell me, por favor, why is you all in one place? And afraid?"

"There's a monster in the woods." the Tiger replied quietly, as if afraid of mentioning the creature alone would cause it to appear. "It took up residence a while ago, and has been eating all the animals one by one. We're here, trying to work out just what can be done for every one who has tried to kill it, has end up it's meal."

"Great, more monsters." Bloo muttered, glancing around. The trees surrounding the open area were luckily still, and no sign of any monster could be seen or heard. Or of those with sensitive noses, smelt.

"Oh man I'm sorry but that is not okay," the Scarecrow said, "I understand that you living creatures have to eat, but eating and terrorizing is not okay."

"That is true. While I myself have been known to eat a deer or two, I only eat when I am hungry. Never would I feed like the monster, it keeps consuming and soon there will be none of us left." the Tiger explained, before sighing. "If it isn't destroyed we, instead, will be destroyed."

The Lion had kept quiet since he heard the explanation of why the animals were so afraid. It felt strange, a good week ago he would have been cowering in terror at only hearing of this monster. But now, given the 'Wizard' had given him courage he didn't feel afraid. He felt angry instead. It wasn't right for animals as proud and amazing as those in the land of Oz to be afraid of something that seemingly took pleasure of scaring them so. He stood up. "It is decided then," the Lion said loudly. "I will go and destroy the monster."

All fell silent, with either shock or awe. Maybe both.

"...okay, your funeral." Bloo said.

The Lion ignored him, looking to the Tiger. "What is the monster looking like?" he asked.

"It's very tall," the Tiger replied, "As tall as the trees, and has eight horrible legs that are as thick as the trees it's as tall as. Its head is small, but powerful jaws to crush large animals. That is why we are without any lions here, it ate them first."

You could literally see the Lion shrink only a bit at that mention. Gulping roughly he turned around and sniffed the air again. He had to prove himself now; he may have helped slain a few guards in the Witch's castle, but they were only doing their work. As were the monkeys. This was a real monster, and being a King of the beasts he felt it was his duty as a lion to help and protect his kind. He looked to his friends for a moment. "I may not come out alive, you see. But Senor Mac, Azul, Scarecrow and Tin Bird. I am happy to have known you." with that, not wanting to stretch out the moment any longer then he should, the Lion bounded off into the woods and was gone from sight.

Last edited by CG; 12-06-2006 at 11:34 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote